Nick Davis - Would you take him?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Nick Davis - Would you take him?

Would we, should we , could we?

I believe everyone is capable of rehabilitation . Wonder what his relationship is like with RL?

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

NO Thanks !!

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

Is Davis all about Davis, and not the team?

A bit old, also. Pick 60+ would be ok.

Freeo will take him.

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

How many goals has nick davis scored for his clubs?

NONE

he scored them all for himself.

also isn't he 29?

IMO sydney looking at off loading one or more of their high priced players for draft picks and a genuine tilt at a gun bought player

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

he's getting on thou isn't he?

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

i think the answer is no too. just throwing it out there because of the RL link.

I'm keen on Lachy Henderson (Lions) and Timmy Boyle (Hawks)

JeffDunne

If RL was prepared to sign him you'd have to back his judgement

He would know everything there is to know about Nick.

I doubt he'd be interested but who knows?

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

JeffDunne wrote:If RL was prepared to sign him you'd have to back his judgement

He would know everything there is to know about Nick.

I doubt he'd be interested but who knows?
agree. would be a personal thing.

obvioulsy he can play. just depends whats going on between the ears.

BringBackMadDog
Club Player

I believe everyone is capable of rehabilitation . Wonder what his relationship is like with RL?
So you start one thread saying we should trade Kosi because he is a muppet and then start another one stating that we should consider recruiting Davis. Thank God you're not in charge of our football department.
Davis is a selfish turd of a human being who deserves nothing but ridicule and derision from the entire football world. Someone should just try and extract his head from his own arse.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

BringBackMadDog wrote:

So you start one thread saying we should trade Kosi because he is a muppet and then start another one stating that we should consider recruiting Davis. Thank God you're not in charge of our football department.
Davis is a selfish turd of a human being who deserves nothing but ridicule and derision from the entire football world. Someone should just try and extract his head from his own arse.
You know him? or just what you read in the media?

Hes a footy player not Mother Teresa.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:i think the answer is no too. just throwing it out there because of the RL link.

if i was footy department id go after the 2 mentioned above. Not Nick. Just thought it was a worthy forum discussion because of RL.

fingers
Saintsational Legend

No - he is the opposite of what we are trying to build.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Kosi for Davis anyone

(ducks as an abundance of cans, chairs and tomatoes [where did all those bloody tomatos come from] come flying at him screaming i was just joking guys relax)

Batnoe

Con Gorozidis wrote:i think the answer is no too. just throwing it out there because of the RL link.

Hard to get a spot in Brisbane's forward line with J Brown and Bradshaw

He kicked 9 goals in reserves last week

i can see tippet being traded from Adelaide to join his brother so could be a 3 way trade!

Tippet to Lions. Henderson to Saints. Someone to Ade

BAM! (shhhh)
SS Hall of Fame

Batnoe wrote:

Hard to get a spot in Brisbane's forward line with J Brown and Bradshaw

He kicked 9 goals in reserves last week

i can see tippet being traded from Adelaide to join his brother so could be a 3 way trade!

Tippet to Lions. Henderson to Saints. Someone to Ade
Can't see Henderson being moved. KPP take some time and Brandshaw won't be around too many more years. Henderson's time will come. Very good player.

Boyle might be a different story... was really impressed by him last year, Hawthorn might move him for the right price as keeping a kid like that as the insurance policy is asking for PSD movement.

I wouldn't be too quick to write off Jarryd Allen though. He's a very willing contestant, capable of taking a grab, pretty mobile. Lessons learnt from his opportunities this year will be a help to him, and as said above... KPP take time.

"Everything comes to he who hustles while he waits"
- Henry Ford
Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

I wouldn't be surprised if Allen is groomed as a CHB should Goose not recover for 2009.

mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

BAM! (shhhh) wrote:Boyle might be a different story... was really impressed by him last year, Hawthorn might move him for the right price as keeping a kid like that as the insurance policy is asking for PSD movement.
I really doubt that Boyle will be at Hawthorn next year. He'll be almost 25 next season and is probably the most injury-prone player in the competition. With top 10 draft picks Thorp and Dowler playing at Box Hill they would rather give those kids a go if they needed someone to fill in as a second/third tall anyway.

If Boyle goes to another club, it won't be for anything more than a 3rd round pick.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Re: Nick Davis

Con Gorozidis wrote:Would we, should we , could we?

swan says the guy's a flog.....he should know...both at carscum together.....so's his father., a nflog that is............good enough for me......must run in the family......

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

BringBackMadDog wrote:

gold mate...pure gold....

stinger
Saintsational Legend

CARLTON chief executive Greg Swann yesterday delivered a assessment of Swan Nick Davis, labelling him "not a great bloke".

Swann confirmed the Sydney forward's management had shopped Davis to the Blues, but said Carlton could not be less interested in him.

Davis is certain to be dumped by Sydney at the end of the year, and is again in hot water after missing a training session on Friday.

Davis and Swann spent time at Collingwood, and it was on that basis the former Pies chief executive delivered one of the season's great sprays.

Swann said Davis's manager Lance Thompson had contacted the Blues to assess their interest in the small forward in recent weeks.

Asked if the Blues were interested, Swann said: "Not in a million years.

"No. I had a bit to do with him in a past life. He's not a great bloke. We don't need him at our club.''

It came as Swann confirmed on 3AW the Blues were likely to hold off talks with Brendan Fevola until after the season, with negotiations at an impasse.

But a deal on impressive midfielder Marc Murphy is as good as done, and Jarrad Waite could sign a new contract this week.

Swann said with neither party willing to budge on the Fevola talks, it made sense to postpone them until post-season.

"That is probably the most likely thing that will happen. It has dragged on for too long, and everyone is getting sidetracked,'' he said.

"We made an offer and we are not that far away, but no one is budging at the minute, so maybe at the end of the year, we will all start to budge.''

The Carlton board will meet tomorrow, where Swann said it was likely there would be general agreement on delaying the Fevola talks.

Swann revealed the club was still hopeful Richard Pratt might return as president, given a quick resolution of his court case over price fixing.

"The hearing has been adjourned to early August,'' Swann said.

"Depending on who you talk to there is a possibility it might finish early. If that's the case he will come back.''

Sydney coach Paul Roos seemed amazed that Davis did not turn up to training on Friday, only days after saying he was keen to play for West Coast next year.

"No, he wasn't at training on Friday, so the reformed Nick Davis couldn't turn up to training, so I am not sure why,'' Roos said.

"I don't have a chance to chat to him because he didn't turn up. So hopefully he turns up tomorrow.''

Roos later told Triple M Davis might have been confused about whether he was in the club's rehab group, but was clearly unimpressed.

He said the club's medical department was determined to rehabilitate Davis's injured knee before any decision was made on his future."

wot i said........but lets trade him for kossi all the same hey con.....????????? :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
BringBackMadDog wrote:

gold mate...pure gold....
firstly i did not say we should.

secondly what a bunch of toss. since when has being a "good bloke" been relevant to playing footy? who the hell is greg swann anyway ?
a "well respected football administrator" what the hell does that mean? im sure he has plenty of people who dont think he is a "good bloke" either. in fact im sure some people think he is a complete flog.

do u guys know nick? i dont. but i dont believe every piece of media fluff either.

if u were in the footy department every saint would be a "champ, a legend and a top bloke" and every other team player would be a hack.

just like the 80's when we lost a lot.
Last edited by Con Gorozidis on Tue 22 Jul 2008 12:30am, edited 1 time in total.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

no.

“Yeah….nah””
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

He's gonna look good in teh team alongside
Febola
Benny-Boy
Super K Kerr

Maybe we should make a play for Big Bad Bustling as well.

We can build a training complex down at the Melbourne Remand Centre.

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

No. Not even in the PSD.

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

no an no. Shouldnt be looking at key fowards anyway. Midfield is where we need some more depth.