I feel so sorry for those at the game today

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

kalsaint
Club Player

I feel so sorry for those at the game today

Unfortunately I couldn't make the 600km trip to Perth this year but will do for the Dorkers game in August.

I hate the arrogance of the Weagles supporters in WA and this week means huge torment for me but its far worse for those at the game.

To not show respect to this paltry side really rattles my cage. When are we going to get stronger in the head and play at least 3 quarters of footy. I wont ask for 4 quarters as we have forgotten how that's done all year. By the way, 3 quarters of footy should have been enough to to beat this mob this year and we couldn't even manage more than the first.

I dont like being negative about our chances in the finals but lets face it, nothing this year has indicated that we are going to play 4 quarters of footy and this wont guarantee consecutive wins against quality opposition to get us to the grand final.

Mind you this wont stop the abuse I will serve up at the Dockers game to come.

Midfield clearances and clear winners are needed to make an effective forward line.

You need to protect the ball handler to increase posession efficiency
Griggsy
SS Life Member

glad i didnt go in the end. woulda been by myself, need company at eagles games to distract me from their fans.

On the Bench
Club Player
Location: Perth. Where Foxtel has now allowed me to watch my beloved Saints each week.

Just back home from the game.

We looked slow. sluggish and did not really want the ball. It happens a lot when you are playing against a team with absolutely nothing to lose.

Sadly we did not have any players who had an impact on the game for any lengthy period of time.

Maybe we took it too easily.

Maybe we were tired from last week. To get to the next level we have to be able to bury sides. I know we have the talent, but is the desire lacking?

A very disappointing game today.

I am still hurting from 71;
my gut churns thinking of 97;
2009 was agony,
2010a was a pleasure to watch only to be devastated by 2010 b.
It hurts barracking for the Saints
kalsaint
Club Player

On the Bench wrote:Just back home from the game.

We looked slow. sluggish and did not really want the ball. It happens a lot when you are playing against a team with absolutely nothing to lose.

Sadly we did not have any players who had an impact on the game for any lengthy period of time.

Maybe we took it too easily.

Maybe we were tired from last week. To get to the next level we have to be able to bury sides. I know we have the talent, but is the desire lacking?

A very disappointing game today.
We haven't buried any side this year. An indicator that we dont play 4 quarters anytime.

Just pretenders while we are happy with that approach IMO.

Midfield clearances and clear winners are needed to make an effective forward line.

You need to protect the ball handler to increase posession efficiency
Moccha
Saintsational Legend

Noticed in the 1st Q that the team looked sluggish. There didn't seem much energy or run. Very reactive with the ball and made way too many errors. At the moment the Eagles are at WAFL club level. They didn't win it, St.Kilda's game plan lost it

Griggsy
SS Life Member

Moccha wrote:Noticed in the 1st Q that the team looked sluggish. There didn't seem much energy or run. Very reactive with the ball and made way too many errors. At the moment the Eagles are at WAFL club level. They didn't win it, St.Kilda's game plan lost it
or lack of, i didnt really notice one. We beat the hawks with a game plan that was stuck to and executed. We really wanted to win that game, whether it was complacency or just a poor game in terms of skill that is to blame today, i dont know.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

We lost today because..
BIGGEST REAsON..lack of effort from way too many players

Then..way too many skill errors and turnovers (ie sam who had lots of ball, but was shoddy with it)

Then lack of structure... No FB with Max injured...and no FF (or second key forward) with gardiner unable to play the role..

Then poor moves and slowness to do anything about Staker...and then Lynch.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

And Dal Santo forgetting the lessons that he had learnt the hard way. Paid no respect to Nicoski & he killed us.

Bad kicking at goal, no intensity, weak as p1ss.

Outside of Ball, Hayes & Jones I struggled to find anyone who actually had a positive influence on the game (& those who say Roo kicked 5 will miss the point that he should have just about put the Eagles away in the first quarter).

saintly_safes
Club Player

long time reader first time poster .I live & breathe st.kilda as do all my family & living in Perth cop a bagging from the locals every time we play them (as our record against them isnt too flash) but enough of that, went to todays game it was always going to be a danger game should have been at least 5 maybe 7 goals up at half time instead 1 point. We looked out on our feet about 20 mins into the second quater & played right into their hands by playing the a style of game that they wanted us to play & they killed us on the rebound . Both team had inexperienced line ups but they wanted in more than we did & with the help of the boys in yellow we capitulated in the last term to let them run away with the game. left the game feeling empty as my wallet. Lets hope we can turn it around next week :cry:

Nick_Dal_Santo = ChAmPiOn
Club Player

yep. IMO the players thought all week they were gonna smash the Eagles and look what happened. :shock:

I fkn hate life right now :(

HOW THE HELL COULD LOSE TO WC? HOW? :roll:

oh when
Club Player

How could anyone who knows anything of the history of this club take any game for granted. Do I follow a different St Kilda to that of the players?

Saint Bev
SS Life Member

My heart goes out to all Saints supporters in WA. Living in Qld and having to go through the same thing with the Lions, I understand how it feels, yep it sucks big time. Chin up fellas, hopefully we can make amends in a few weeks against the shockers. All the best.

Qld Saints Supporter Group
sensaint
Club Player

Being a St Kilda supporter for 40 yrs & now living in Spearwood Perth, was at the game yesterday, was always going to be a danger game for us.
No Kosi was a worry & always looking for Nick, the weather didnt help not that that should be an excuse!! To beat the Eagles at Subi is a fantastic feeling, like last year. They looked sluggish at times & missing 3 easy set shots, the Eagles looked crap sometimes to, back here in 3 weeks, dust yourselves of boys, hold your heads up high, you are better than those bottom teams.
Come on Saints supporters, come out in force in 3 weeks, we CAN DO IT !!!
SAINTS FOREVER !!!!