It would be nice if someone could

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

firthy
Club Player

It would be nice if someone could

arrange for a half reasonable footy side to come over this way one day,with some coaches and players that don't believe the game is finished when one player is taken off for the day with an injury. We pay our membership(donation) like everyone else so it would be great if we could see a St Kilda side full of red hot goers. ps our little League side won at half time. psps Why has Brendan Goddard became such an angry young man recently.

Please let me live long enough to see it happen.
westy
Club Player

Re: It would be nice if someone could

firthy wrote:arrange for a half reasonable footy side to come over this way one day,with some coaches and players that don't believe the game is finished when one player is taken off for the day with an injury. We pay our membership(donation) like everyone else so it would be great if we could see a St Kilda side full of red hot goers. ps our little League side won at half time. psps Why has Brendan Goddard became such an angry young man recently.
Can't agree more. Year after year we eagerly await our team to come over here to watch them play and we get this crap dished up to us except for one notable game last year! I couldn't get to the function at the Italian Club, but my son was there and he said that Goddard's attitude was quite extraordinary. He did not seem interested at all. He could well direct his aggression at the opposition in stead of his team mates. Piss him off. I really now have to seriously consider whether I will go and watch another half-arsed performance against the dockers surrounded by the moronic docker fans. It is all too humiliating and we certainly don't deserve it

I'm livin' in a madhouse
Raven
Club Player

Goddard is most likely frustrated for the very same reasons you are.

westy
Club Player

Raven wrote:Goddard is most likely frustrated for the very same reasons you are.
He may well be, but that in no way entitles him to behave the way does. He has had this attitude problem for a very long time. I thought that his unfortunate lay-off after his injury might have given him a chance to reflect on his churlish behavior and do something about it. There is probably only one person in that 'team' that has the right feel frustrated and we all know who that is and yet Banger would never show it. I use the inverted commas around the word team because I am not too sure that the word is suitable at the moment!

I'm livin' in a madhouse
BradWA
Club Player

Well said

I have been going to game here since 1986 and our wins are few and far between but yesterdays effort was by far the WORST most gutless, lacklustre ,disspirited, disgusting performance by a team.
Some of those players should never be allowed to wear the jumper again and run on to a field with Harves as the show no balls or respect

Plus i find it a joke that people had Roo in there best he cost us a 6 goal lead at quarter time what a crap display from a captain and so called super star ive seen 14 year olds kick better than that

The Moderator Nazi,s strike again, Oh forgot, shyt im not in the purple circle.
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

very good to hear from you saints in the west.

very interesting to hear from people actually at the game.

too many saints fans have tried to blame the umpiring and the "if kosi was in excuse...."

too much hero worship from saints fans. what is the issue with bj? he has no right to be a tool. the only guy with any right to be frustrated with his team-mates is banger. and as we all know he is way too classy and too much of a gentleman.

suss
Club Player

I have no doubt that Goddard was gutted. His display in the early part of the game was awesome, his disposal incredible. He busted his gut for the whole game and was robbed by a despicable little weasel umpire that wanted to give the Eagles the game.

He might have been petulant but seriously he's only 22 (isn't he?) and I think most people would have felt the same.

Snowy Casanova
Club Player

Re: Well said

Gutted after that display.........
It seems I am destined to never see a win live (The only game I haven't been able to attend in the last few years is Bangers 350th).

On the game, the boys looked slow, tired and uninterested (well most of them). They gave the eagles way to much space, and seemed reluctant to chase and apply pressure. I knew they were going to lose at three quarter time, when they broke from the huddle with their heads hung. They already looked defeated. Where was that fight we have seen in the last 4 weeks??? It was very frustrating to watch, particually that last quarter, when the eagles just kept banging on goals. The crowd was going ballistic. They are a horrible bunch those eagles fans - I really wanted to stick it up them this time.

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

My son said to me at half time, "Dont worry, we have won the last few games with a better 2nd half" But in those games we were coming from the long break with momentum from the 2nd quarter. Yesterday the 2nd quarter momentum was with the Eagles.

I would like to know from those who were there who were our bestter players and worse players. You can get the wrong impression from the telly.

maverick
Saintsational Legend

Raven wrote:Goddard is most likely frustrated for the very same reasons you are.
BJ is most likely frustrated at having to play as a key back when he is a running player, I would be.....He's a thoroughbred not a draught horse...

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

Yep, how dare they go into a game totally uninterested? And fancy running at half pace. Sack them all.

And what about Lyon? Fancy telling them to relax at 1/4 time coz the game was in the bag?

No wonder we'll never win a flag.

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
firthy
Club Player

Best Players -- yeah ok but without exception their disposal and kicking for goal was second rate -- worse than WAFL standard . Hayes ,Goddard ,Fisher ,Montagna got the ball but execution was dismal.
Harves ,Riewoldt yeah, but I thought overall Milneys game was ok.
Finding it hard to get my head around this. I'm having a beer at the W S & S C and the Weagle wankers are still getting into me , but then again I haven't had any pay outs as nobody would have a bet before the event.

Please let me live long enough to see it happen.
westy
Club Player

I reckon an official explanation wouldn't go astray from our President, Mr. Westaway! :x

I'm livin' in a madhouse
Winmarvellous
Club Player

my son was there and he said that Goddard's attitude was quite extraordinary
I beg to differ. I found BJ to be the most courteous of all the players at the event. The only wanker there was a supporter (ponytail, vest) who continually pushed in front of the lines (ahead of the kids), and tried to have everyone line up behind him, although the lines were already formed. Made me embarrassed to be a Saints supporter, and he's VERY lucky he didn't cop a smack in the mouth on at least two occassions. You know who you are, and if you see me on the street, turn the other way moron. 8-)

Duggie
Club Player

Anyway, congrats to all you faithful westerners for the way you turned up in numbers and showed the colours.
It was good to see it on TV and to hear your voices.
I have just returned from a week in Cooktown Qld and was pleased to see we had support up there too.
Are we stronger in number than we think we are? :lol:

A Saint Forever!
markp
Saintsational Legend

Winmarvellous wrote:
my son was there and he said that Goddard's attitude was quite extraordinary
I beg to differ. I found BJ to be the most courteous of all the players at the event. The only wanker there was a supporter (ponytail, vest) who continually pushed in front of the lines (ahead of the kids), and tried to have everyone line up behind him, although the lines were already formed. Made me embarrassed to be a Saints supporter, and he's VERY lucky he didn't cop a smack in the mouth on at least two occassions. You know who you are, and if you see me on the street, turn the other way moron. 8-)
The ponytail and vest would've been enough justification for giving him a slap.....

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

westy wrote:I reckon an official explanation wouldn't go astray from our President, Mr. Westaway! :x
What's it got to do with him?

Drain is the man for this.

your momma
Club Player

Goddards attitude is great towards the spirit of the club!

hes nearly as red hot as Brett Voss hah! loved it when he went off his head!.....but ive made my point

"Im never satisfied...its a curse"
esaint66
SS Life Member

your momma wrote:hes nearly as red hot as Brett Voss hah! loved it when he went off his head!.....but ive made my point

I remember when he gave away a free kick in the 2004 Wizard cup and he went nuts throwing his mouthguard around ALA Robbie 'maddog' Muir :lol: :lol: :wink:

BradWA
Club Player

Also

I beg to differ. I found BJ to be the most courteous of all the players at the event. The only wanker there was a supporter (ponytail, vest) who continually pushed in front of the lines (ahead of the kids), and tried to have everyone line up behind him, although the lines were already formed. Made me embarrassed to be a Saints supporter, and he's VERY lucky he didn't cop a smack in the mouth on at least two occassions. You know who you are, and if you see me on the street, turn the other way moron.

I found all the players at the show exellent and really help full to the kids
The RUDE people who pushed into the lines were total arseholes and after waiting to get a photo of my boy and Harves a rude bitch just pushed in so i unpolitly told her she was a rude bitch and to piss off.

The Moderator Nazi,s strike again, Oh forgot, shyt im not in the purple circle.
marksnsparks
Club Player

Re: Well said

Snowy Casanova wrote:Gutted after that display.........
It seems I am destined to never see a win live (The only game I haven't been able to attend in the last few years is Bangers 350th).

The real reason we lost!!!! :wink: