the supporters who sung the song

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

the supporters who sung the song

just wondering who the saints fans on the second level were who sung the song when we got the first goal of the game? and second, and third etc...every goal we got the song was sung.
not sure if this was meant to be sung in the way as in 'we have alread won' or as in you only see the said 2 times a year so why not have fun after ever goal???
the way i saw it was we thought we had alread won 2 and ahalf mins into the 4th qtr, and no way was that what i was thinking.
for the people who couldnt make it, it was very funny when a group of then stood up to go home with about 7 mins to go, i would say a good 2,000 west coast fans sung goodbye to them and waved goodbye, and i guess they deserved it, should of never sung the song until/if were were 5 goals+ up with under 5 mins to go, thats when the celebrations start!
see you all round 20, and lets try and keep the lid on this time! :wink:

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
Otiman
Saintsational Legend

Sing/Say/Do whatever the hell you want. There are no guidelines about supporting a team, it's all about the passion.

Mighty hypocritical of you, after all the defending of the cheersquad you have done, to now come out and have a go at fellow saints fans for cheering in their own way.

wasoncestkil58
Club Player

Have to agree with dooley, I have seen too many promising starts by the Saints to be overtaken and be embarresed by the final result. It was funny for the first goal but not so funny after that. If they are that passionate they should stay till the end. I think most supporters would agree because not many joined in with them. Once again I was shattered by the game and only get a chance to see them twice a year unless I go to Melbourne. Was not over confident right at the start.

mick13
Club Player

Tis a joke to start singing the song after only 10 minutes in the first quarter...deserved what they got lol. Singning it against Hawthorn with 5 mins to go was the best moment of my 'watching footy life'. It shouldnt be a regular occurrence...nor happen when the game is far from won...

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Otiman wrote:Sing/Say/Do whatever the hell you want. There are no guidelines about supporting a team, it's all about the passion.

Mighty hypocritical of you, after all the defending of the cheersquad you have done, to now come out and have a go at fellow saints fans for cheering in their own way.
Second that...Ive never been to a Subi game but I reckon you have to show some bluff and bluster early to stand up for yourselves in that crowd of one-eyed downhill skiers. Well done to that group for doing so!!

Since when has singing the song HAVE to be confinmed to celebrating a win?? We sing it when the team comoes out on the ground....maybe a few more renditions of it during a game is a good thing

Doools..careful..telling fellow supporters to "keep a lid on it" might just open the door for a rebuke along the lines of "yeah fair enough, our CS have made an artform out of keeping a lid on it during games"

Not that I ever would 8-)

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
firthy
Club Player

Nah didn't like it, the weagle supporters behind us loved it as they said going off a bit early are'nt you 'Joffa' , even though 'Joffa' usually waits until it's absolutely certain before donning the coat. And then the same weagle supporters made sure they leant over the top of us to wave goodbye to the singers as they left early . No didn't go over real well with most of us.

Please let me live long enough to see it happen.
The Saintsational Man
Club Player

I was about 10 metres from those blokes.

I said to my mate that I reckon it's a little early, cause all your setting yourself up for is embarrasment.

Well didn't their supporters pipe up once they hit the lead.

Bunch of mouths on all of them as we were leaving as well.

But.....i guess we all do the same at the T Dome.

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Hang on - If supporting our team costs us a little embarressment - I say - Pay the piper!!!!!!!!!

Sing the song - Do a Jigg - Stand on your head and blow raspberries - I dont care - Just make some noise (esp at hostile grounds)

Have fun - Laugh and whoop it up - Drive it like its stolen

We come to support - Make it loud

hellorocky
Club Player

it must be a bit of a tradition over there. I went in 2005 and remember thinking :?: :?: :?: after we scored each goal. We lost that game but I had no problems with it, in fact after sitting in the social club area at TD and any time we are being beaten, most times you can hear a pin drop.

Went over in 2007 for Harvey's 350 and actually sat with the cheer squad. The only cheering I can remember that day was coming from us, especially in the 4tq - HHAAARRRVVVEEEEEEEY over and over. :D :D

So, go for it guys, sing the song after every goal, win, lose or draw :wink:

matrix
Saintsational Legend

sounds like something that tosser Joffa would do.

shite like that comes back and bites ya on the ass.

myself, i wouldnt sing it early, but if others did/do thats their choice.

Winmarvellous
Club Player

I was at the game and couldn't hear the cheersquad all day, so I really don't see the problem with making a bit of a ruckus. If the cheersquad had some actual chants to get everyone involved it may be a different story.

esaint66
SS Life Member

Otiman wrote:Sing/Say/Do whatever the hell you want. There are no guidelines about supporting a team, it's all about the passion.

Exactly right, individually we are a team.

Griggsy
SS Life Member

who cares about cheering. wheres the fun if you cant be creative when cheering your own team.