Monday night and I'm still gutted.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

Monday night and I'm still gutted.

Usually by now the bitter sting of defeat has started to subside and the juices are starting to flow looking forward to the next game but this loss has knocked me for six...

And then some ..:roll:

Was too upset after Saturday night s loss to even read most of the feedback let alone post anything ....

The magnitude of this loss could be still be unthinkable in Robert Harveys last season.... :shock: :shock: :shock:

Everytime I look at the ladder and see Sydney still a game and half clear in fourth after losing for the last 2 weeks and thinking what might have been ...I feel sick in the guts :?

The bottom line is that a win would have meant a realistic crack at top 4 from where anything is possible...

The loss now makes us vulnerable with Brisbane,Adelaide and even Richmond ,Essendon [and god forbid even Carlton] breathing down our necks...North are certain finalists with their draw IMO...We need them to beat the others we are competing with.

The run home scenerio to me I break down this way...

Regardless of other results which could see us scrape into the 8 with two wins it is far more likely we will need 3 wins to be certain finalists...

Next round we Must beat Port...that is non negotiable

The following 2 weeks we must beat EITHER Collingwood or Freo..

2 from 3

Then we must beat either Adelaide or Essendon on our own dungheap

1 from 2 ...giving us the 3 from five we need to be certain finalists.

Lets face it if we can't beat Adelaide and Essendon at the Dome we hardly need to be wasting time having a crack at the big 3.

Just hope that we have the 3 wins locked away before the Essendon game....the thought of the bummers having the last laugh even if they don't make it themselves is not a pleasant one :x

Sigh...a few staright kicks and Kosi being out there[but for a pathetic jumper punch] and we could have been sitting pretty....

But then again...thats not our lot as St.Kilda supporters is it :roll:

My wife keeps telling me it's only a game....

We all know better though don't we?? :twisted:
Last edited by saint patrick on Mon 28 Jul 2008 10:53pm, edited 4 times in total.

Never take a backward step even to gain momentum.....

'It's OK to have the capabilities and abilities, but you've got to get it done." Terry Daniher 05

"We have beauty in our captain and we have a true leader in our coach. Our time will come"
Thinline.Post 09 Grand final.
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

I have got just the news you need to pick yourself up, Pat !!

You have been elected shouter of the week meaning that you have the privelidge of shouting the drinks for everyone this week at Livewire :lol: !!

saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

Yes I am shouting at Livewire this week.....

You'll hear me whereever you are in Livewire...

"ITS YOUR BLOODY SHOUT EASTERN....WHISPERS OLD SON!!!! " :wink: :twisted: :wink:
Last edited by saint patrick on Mon 28 Jul 2008 10:59pm, edited 1 time in total.

Never take a backward step even to gain momentum.....

'It's OK to have the capabilities and abilities, but you've got to get it done." Terry Daniher 05

"We have beauty in our captain and we have a true leader in our coach. Our time will come"
Thinline.Post 09 Grand final.
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

I agree St Pat....got in a lot of trouble for my reaction after the weekends loss.....fair to say I was frustrated....especially watching it infold Sat night and thinking....what coulda been....a win against West Coast...we are clear of a few, close to Sydney......and right in it...alas we aint...

“Yeah….nah””
derby Street
Club Player

St Pat you will get over it - by Friday you will have the old saint spirit back and be hoping for a win. (I remember when we lost the GF in 97 - never watched the news, sports radio or the sport pages for 3 weeks - living in Adelaide I became a hermit. We are a win away from getting a smile back on our face :D and suddenly life will be grand. Alternatively ............ :roll:

lennyhayes77

saturday was certainly a devastating loss, but thankfully it hasn't meant the end of our season! hopefully, and if any of the players have some heart, we should finish the season strongly, which could mean a top 4 finish, or top of the 5-8 bracket.

however, i think that even if we do end up finishing 5-8, we have a good chance of making a prelim at least. we have shown this year we can play some very good football (1st quarter and a half against geelong/second half against hawthorn etc.) so if we can start to string some momentum, hopefully we may be able to have some impact!
one never knows in september!!!

Baldock Rules
Club Player

Have felt the same today Pat :roll:

Mind you I am still gutted by 71.

Bloody Bob Keddie :evil:

There are freaks and freaks and Baldock was both of those.
loris
Saintsational Legend

Baldock Rules wrote:Have felt the same today Pat :roll:

Mind you I am still gutted by 71.

Bloody Bob Keddie :evil:
And I did it really hard "Baldock Rules" because Bloody Bob Keddie used to live in the villa unit next door to me then. :evil: :evil: :evil:

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

The only consolation is that with so many other favourites losing I do not get the ribbing around the water cooler that I was expecting.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....