Rd 8. 2009. Could it be true? !!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Rd 8. 2009. Could it be true? !!

Sunday 10 May 2009:

Tasmania Hawks v St Kilda at the Nth Tasmania Stadium at 1.10pm AEST. Reliability of source = Unknown at this point.If true, the FORIEGNER, The OFF-SHORE MODERATOR, The MARGIN ADMINISTRATOR & launcestonsaint will all be very happy. The rest of us could get cheap flights and this lot will/should SHOUT !!
Last edited by Eastern on Thu 31 Jul 2008 1:50pm, edited 1 time in total.

santazzi
Club Player

I will be very very very happy indeed Eastern....I shall be booking my cottage at the country Club when I get home tonight(cheaper to share)..........If it does not happen it will be a good weekend at Launceston anyway...........!!!!!!

Saint Bev
SS Life Member

Just questioning your souce (not having a go at you). But notice it is called the North Tasmanian Stadium instead of Aurora Stadium as it is called? Could be questionable, how would they know the draw when it hasn't been done.

Qld Saints Supporter Group
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Saint Bev wrote:Just questioning your souce (not having a go at you). But notice it is called the North Tasmanian Stadium instead of Aurora Stadium as it is called? Could be questionable, how would they know the draw when it hasn't been done.
That was just me having a go at launcestonsaint (and expecting a similar response). My source ( reasonably close to Hawks) suggests that clubs received the 1st DRAFT of the 2009 fixture earlier this week. If this is true, the leaks have started about 2 weeks ahead of what they did last year !!
Last edited by Eastern on Thu 31 Jul 2008 2:28pm, edited 1 time in total.

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:
Saint Bev wrote:Just questioning your souce (not having a go at you). But notice it is called the North Tasmanian Stadium instead of Aurora Stadium as it is called? Could be questionable, how would they know the draw when it hasn't been done.
That was just me having a go at launcestonsaint (and expecting a similar response). My source ( reasonably close to Hawks) suggests that clubs received the 1st DRAFT of the 2009 fixture earlier this week !!

probably but it's still a first draft of how many?

Really it doesn't make sence for Hawthorn to play us there as they would want freo/port over there not anther vic side that will draw decent crowds to MCG or TD

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

ausfatcat wrote:
Eastern wrote:
That was just me having a go at launcestonsaint (and expecting a similar response). My source ( reasonably close to Hawks) suggests that clubs received the 1st DRAFT of the 2009 fixture earlier this week !!

Depends on how much the clubs whinge !!

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

Thinking on it too, it would probably add anther trip to the overall total as well, as usually it would be a melbourne game, do we see 7 interstate trips next year?

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

ausfatcat wrote:
Eastern wrote:

Really it doesn't make sence for Hawthorn to play us there as they would want freo/port over there not anther vic side that will draw decent crowds to MCG or TD
Part of the deal Hawks have with the Tassie Government is that 2 of their 4 games down there are against Vic clubs !!

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

ok, I didn't even know they played 4 games down there

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

More games in Melbourne. Not less.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

saintm
Club Player

Eastern wrote: Part of the deal Hawks have with the Tassie Government is that 2 of their 4 games down there are against Vic clubs !!
The definition of a Victorian Club, however, is fairly liberal as Brisbane this year are considered Victorian because of their ties to Fitzroy!! :)

degruch
Saintsational Legend

Fox Sport have already reported on Collingwood and Carlton battling for home games on the Gold Coast...as if they need more money! So, the first draft is out, looks like there could be another 100 depending on the strength of the bribes.

The Saintsational Man
Club Player

Just did a quick check;

Fly up on Friday 8th of May

Departs Tullamarine @ 7:15pm on Jetstar JetSaver
Arrives Launceston @ 8:15 pm cost = $69

Fly back on Sunday 10th of May

Departs Launceston @ 5:45pm on Jetstar JetSaver
Arrives Tullamarine @ 6:45 pm cost = $79

The departing flight may be a rush for time, but it's the latest flight leaving on the sunday.

Total Cost = $148 + Hotel.....not bad

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

I wouldn't be rushing out and buying Airline tickets and/or making hotel reservations just yet !!

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

how about a two or three week holiday in queensland
http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/news/t ... 34898.html

Trio tipped to play on Coast
Caroline Wilson | August 2, 2008

COLLINGWOOD, Carlton and St Kilda have been nominated by the AFL as the three preferred Victorian clubs to fly the Australian football flag on the Gold Coast next season.

With North Melbourne tonight hosting its final Carrara game under the broken three-year agreement that has been cut short by one season and four games, fixturing boss Gillon McLachlan is close to reaching a deal for 2009 with the Magpies, Blues and Saints.

Although four home-and-away games had been earmarked for next season at Carrara, the AFL will underwrite three games and a pre-season clash on the Gold Coast at a cost of $1.2 million as part of its promotional strategy leading up to the introduction of the 17th club in 2011.

All three clubs have indicated they are prepared to relinquish one home game to travel to Carrara for $400,000 apiece — money that would have gone to the financially struggling Kangaroos, who have chosen instead to fight to secure their future in Melbourne.

Collingwood, whose president Eddie McGuire revealed late last year that he was looking at three or four Gold Coast games but was not prepared to give away those fixtures as home games, should prove the final piece in the jigsaw and is the only club of the three not to have officially agreed to the 2009 Gold Coast scheduling agreement.

But the club has shown enthusiasm to travel to the Gold Coast and help promote the code in its crucial lead-up to 2011.

The Magpies reportedly had looked at consecutive Queensland clashes against the Brisbane Lions over a three-week period, with the mid-season bye in between and one game at the Gabba and one at Carrara, a prospect AFL executives were lukewarm about.

Carlton chief executive Greg Swann confirmed last night that the Blues had spoken with the AFL regarding one home game at Carrara in place of one of the club's six contracted Telstra Dome clashes, which would mean the club played five games respectively at the Docklands and the MCG, with one at Carrara, probably against Adelaide.

St Kilda boss Archie Fraser said the Saints had been buoyed not only by their good form at Carrara against North Melbourne earlier this season but by the strong support their fans had shown for the fixture. Between 6000 and 7000 St Kilda supporters attended the game, according to the club.

Fraser said he would have welcomed two home games at Carrara over consecutive weeks, with a potential Gabba fixture in between, but would welcome one game against any rival, preferably immediately before the mid-season break.

The three-way split preferred by the AFL is expected to be confirmed next week as the competition works through a series of fixturing requests by clubs.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

would make me laugh if one or two of the games played up there were against North :wink:

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107