Game live in Perth

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Moccha
Saintsational Legend

Game live in Perth

On a 11 and a half hour delay.

Don't bother going to work tomorrow, cos Ch 7 is looking after you. :roll: Good on them for putting the Supercars on instead of the footy.

12pm
V8 Supercars

3pm
AFL Premiership Season 2008
Round 18: Fremantle v West Coast

11.30pm – 2.30am Seven
Round 18: St Kilda v Port Adelaide

saintDal
Club Player

Why watch a game of footy when you can watch a bunch of cars drive around. FFS :roll:

Moccha
Saintsational Legend

And if ur a Freo or a West Coast supporter, you can tape the game so u can watch it after u get home from the footy. No wonder they call this place the "Excitement State"

Snowy Casanova
Club Player

It's completely ridiculous! :evil: Don't hold your breath for next week either - NO coverage at all!!
Do we get any radio coverage, or is it the Bulldogs/Sydney game?

Batnoe

Its even worse when the game isnt even shown live on Fox sport

however there is a replay in Brisbane at 9pm on channel 503, i will know the result, if we win i watch it, if we lose well then they can get stuffed

i_luv_nick_riewoldt
SS Life Member

guys i suggest move down to melb in the footy season then move back during summer!

I dont know how you guys can stand supporting sainters when there is no coverage, great effort that you can withstand it!

Go saints in '09!
Moccha
Saintsational Legend

I can't understand why the twats at 7 don't show a game at midday? Freo and WC don't start until 2:40 pm Perth time. Farken tools!

Moccha
Saintsational Legend

Boys aka as Roger and Riewoldting. Seems like we've been well and truly shafted by Channel 10 this time. What's the go this weekend?

F*** Fremantle and West Coast!

battye
Saintsational Legend

It was on Fox Sports at a reasonable hour (albeit with missing chunks of play) because the cricket finished a day early.

Not really good enough though. I thought AFL was our national sport, not bloody car racing.

Feature article: KFC's "Double Down" burger!

TV Ratings: Hey Hey It's Saturday ratings overview

Do you know what C# is? .NET? Then you need to know this: XSD
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

Mocca funny isnt it the millions of $$ channel 7 payed for the rights to show the footy to then not show it !!!

and guess what this weeek we are in the twilight zone yet again !!! fox is showing live Froe Vs Syd and good old chann 10 are showing .... you guesed it Freo Vs Sydney !!!! :twisted: :twisted:

heck our game isnt as important as seein how Freo go without McANUS :roll: :roll:

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
R. Harvey 3 votes!
Club Player

Hi

This is my first ever post, but I had to join so I could agree with you. I was over in Perth for the saints and west coast game last weekend and I decided to stay on for the week and stay for a holiday. I wanted to see our game against Port yesterday and I could only find it on channel 7 at 11.30pm. What a joke. It was on 6PR in perth on the radio, but even then they didn't cover the last quarter because they went to the pre-match for the freo westcoast match. Thank heavens I am now back in melbourne and I am never going back to perth ever again...I would go insane with so much freo and west coast all the time, they have no real perspective of the comp as a whole. I like reading and hearing about all the teams not just my own team, but atleast in melbourne you can see any game you want and all teams at a decent time with foxtel. Perth sucks!

Go saints!

When Harvey played his first game in 1988, I was a 12yo wearing short pants and struggling with my readin', writin' and 'rithmetic in grade eight. Now, I'm a father of three and a retired AFL player. And he's still going. Amazing! - Michael Voss
Griggsy
SS Life Member

Re: Game live in Perth

Moccha wrote:On a 11 and a half hour delay.

Don't bother going to work tomorrow, cos Ch 7 is looking after you. :roll: Good on them for putting the Supercars on instead of the footy.

12pm
V8 Supercars

3pm
AFL Premiership Season 2008
Round 18: Fremantle v West Coast

11.30pm – 2.30am Seven
Round 18: St Kilda v Port Adelaide
8.30-10.40 : Movie - Derailed. (footy would of had better ratings IMO )

10.40-11.30 Trinny and Susannah Undress ( FOR THE LOVE OF GOD ...WHY!!!!!!!!!!!! )

11.30 : saints game

On a sunday night id hazard a guess that the target audience for that stupid feel good about yourself show would have been asleep by then.

I recorded the game and watched it today.

Moccha
Saintsational Legend

I stayed up and watched it. Got to bed at 2:40 and up for work a few hrs later. What a hero

Scum

i caught the replay on fox at 7:40. It is rubbish though. They showed the weagles shockers game delayed. I can understand this because a state of 2 Mil who mostly care about these teams couldn't give a f*ck about the eastern teams, but with severl hundred easteners moving over for the boom every week you think that they'd start to cater at least. And for a game such as Freo/ Sydney, really who cares. They show some of the clashes in the eastern states on main event, why cant they do that here. Or why cant they make you pay $10 to watch it online?

I haven't looked in to it too much, but someone told me you can get a satelite set up for around $200 to get eastern channels. Might investigate it next year. SOunds a bit low

I made this account when I was young and I don’t know how to change the name
saintDal
Club Player

Griggsy wrote:I recorded the game and watched it today.
Yeah, did the same. Did anyone notice that the commercials ran about twice as long as usual? I guess the fact that it was on so late didn't seem to matter to 7.

Griggsy
SS Life Member

saintDal wrote:
Griggsy wrote:I recorded the game and watched it today.
Yeah, did the same. Did anyone notice that the commercials ran about twice as long as usual? I guess the fact that it was on so late didn't seem to matter to 7.
I did indeed, was about 4-5 comercials in the average break. But didnt you fast forward? :shock:

goodie
Club Player

Commercial coverage of AFL is a joke. Delayed telecasts, stuffed with an extra half hour of ads, idiotic one-sided commentators (with apologies to Dennis), all designed to come to an abrupt end just in time for the news with nothing on the post-game.

One of these days I'm going to lose it, the only question is will I burn Channel 7 or Channel 10 to the ground