Final Teams are in, are we tanking?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

TC
Club Player

Final Teams are in, are we tanking?

R Clarke
C Gardiner

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

Medium Half Forwards who can kick goals and/or be a lead up target. Good call.

It may not be the best 22 players on our list, but Ross Lyon has finally woken up to the fact that you cannot play 21 midfielders + Max Hudghton in a side.

danners
Club Player

yeh the best way to repay the great man is to lose his last games

21 years old, proud member since 1998!
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

I would have rathered Ferg and Clarke......

Clarke will be good to see again....

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Last time we played in the west we clearly lacked another mobile marking forward.

With Allen not in good form recalling Charlie was an obvious move...and would have been useful in our last game there. Ferg could possibly have been tried, but Charlie has the better record.

With Raph....take your pick...he or Birrs. I guess with Raph they have erred on wanting more run.

I still think Birss was stiff to be dropped, and even stiffer to not have been recalled.

...and NO...we are not tanking.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
4ever_saint
Club Player

Spinner wrote: Clarke will be good to see again....
do you not remember raph? cos I sure as hell do and it was not great :lol: i cant believe he got picked after i think many had thought they'd seen the last of him. i agree though, will be interesting to see how he goes. though, what has changed? i wouldnt expect much.

tank def must be the word at st kilda this week.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

the two worst options in my opinion

would have rathered Ferg and Armo, or maybe even Rix

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
milney044
Club Player

Does bringing Raph in mean Max isn't 100% or is Raph likely to be playing up forward anyway?
Because we've lost two midfielders and replaced them with backs and forwards, not to mention we never replaced Bally with a mid. I do think we needed Charlie in though, just creates another forward option we've been lacking.

Destiny. It's in our hands.

Harder. Better. Faster. Stronger.
WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

danners wrote:yeh the best way to repay the great man is to lose his last games
Saints have won games with far worse teams on the park. To say that they're not motivted anymore because of 2 selections... pfft.

Armo is out form (6 touches against the WCE?) And people still calling for Rix? :roll:

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
Art Vandelay
Club Player

Another example of loosing a game at the selection table.

Charlie Gardiner...what a joke!! And Raph Clarke....how many chances are we going to give this guy. Both not up to it, and both in my opinion to be delisted at seasons end.
Armitage and Allen are both examples of young guys who have had their confidence destroyed by Ross Lyon and his match committee. Armitage has been in and out like a yo-yo, and Allen was dropped without given any real chance. I wonder what these guys must think when they see an absolute DUD in Fiora getting a game.
Not that I have seen any Casey games, but Armitage, and Steven have been consistently named in the best players, yet are continuously overlooked for senior selection.
It is obvious that Ross Lyon does not have confidence in his young players. He continuously keeps going back to the well of recycled players which in turn continuously let him down.

bergsone
SS Life Member

The up side for Charlie in the side is that he seems to perform ,when recalled to the side,after that it seems to be down hill,until the next recall.good luck to R Clarke must be doing something right to get a recall,then again after some selections this year i wonder.Birss I wonder how he feels sitting back watching some of these guys running around,especially when his form was ok when he was dropped

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

WayneJudson42 wrote:
danners wrote:yeh the best way to repay the great man is to lose his last games
Saints have won games with far worse teams on the park. To say that they're not motivted anymore because of 2 selections... pfft.

Armo is out form (6 touches against the WCE?) And people still calling for Rix? :roll:
But while I think the two are ok selections, we will be lacking in the ruck dept. King cant carry the whole load, Kosi is a liablity in the ruck at the moment, he cant run. And while Blake has been the best option of 2nd ruck it robs us in the backline. Birss is -very- stiff.

Seeya
LennyBoy
Club Player

Once again our selections lack pace and continue to amuse me. We clearly do not give our kids enough game time, and I'm sorry to say if Birss could not get a game this week - he has probably played his last game for the Club.

Poochy 1 2 3 4 and 5 should be reinstated!
WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

Art Vandelay wrote:Another example of loosing a game at the selection table.

Charlie Gardiner...what a joke!! And Raph Clarke....how many chances are we going to give this guy. Both not up to it, and both in my opinion to be delisted at seasons end.
Armitage and Allen are both examples of young guys who have had their confidence destroyed by Ross Lyon and his match committee. Armitage has been in and out like a yo-yo, and Allen was dropped without given any real chance. I wonder what these guys must think when they see an absolute DUD in Fiora getting a game.
Not that I have seen any Casey games, but Armitage, and Steven have been consistently named in the best players, yet are continuously overlooked for senior selection.
It is obvious that Ross Lyon does not have confidence in his young players. He continuously keeps going back to the well of recycled players which in turn continuously let him down.
Someone hand me the stats and let's compare them.

My money is on Fiora getting more touches, kicks, marks, tackles and goals than Geary this year... and possibly even Armo.

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
Otiman
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote:the two worst options in my opinion

If you were appointed as coach, you'd probably last about 2 games before getting the sack.

starsign
Club Player

can someone tell me where Raph has been playing in his recent games with the Scorps?

Intrested to find out, as I believe he was a liability to us when down back, and hoping if he was ever recalled they would play him forward

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Re: Final Teams are in, are we tanking?

TC wrote:R Clarke
C Gardiner
Yeah whatever.

What a friggin stupid subject line.

If your are HALF serious you are a deadset clown...why would we tank when we're in 8th spot at the mo?

If you don't like the selections, well, that's another story.

Howabout using an existing thread to whinge about selections rather than grandstanding with this post eh?

degruch
Saintsational Legend

Re: Final Teams are in, are we tanking?

TC wrote:R Clarke
C Gardiner
You dork...we've been crying out for a leading forward like Charlie to be included for the last 3 weeks. Let's hope he can reproduce some of that NAB Cup form (did well against Sydney in Sydney too, from memory). Also, who knows what will happen if the 'potential Raph' comes out for the game!

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

LennyBoy wrote:Once again our selections lack pace and continue to amuse me. We clearly do not give our kids enough game time, and I'm sorry to say if Birss could not get a game this week - he has probably played his last game for the Club.
So who do we bring in that has pace and has justified selection?

Solar
Saintsational Legend

told you all ... watch the raph haters comes to town again...

I wonder if people support this club or just enjoy the chance to abuse choice players :roll:

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Otiman wrote:
The_Dud wrote:the two worst options in my opinion

If you were appointed as coach, you'd probably last about 2 games before getting the sack.
at least thats 2 more games than you'd ever get :D ;)

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.