King

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

choowy
Club Player

King

Best game for us today.

Lost alot of the hitouts, but nullified sandilands, and when kingy got his hand on it, put down our midfielders throat.
________
Chrysler rb engine specifications
Last edited by choowy on Tue 15 Feb 2011 2:23am, edited 1 time in total.

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

Good news.

Sam23
SS Life Member

Good strategy holding on to Sandi's arms in the ruck.

Goddard.
Legendary
Club Player

4 tackles which is high for a ruckman.

Won some of the footy and played very well, even though he struggled (as even Dean Cox does) against Sandilands ...

Good game.

duckduckduckgoose
Club Player

yep a great example of when stats don't tell the full story.

probably got smashed in the hitouts- but was very good.

just the fact he played most of the game in the ruck so blake could stay down back was a positive for us.

kosi on the other hand is continuing his headless chook impersonation .

I bought a shirt from Target once.
It had a hard tag on it too.

I know how Dal feels.
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Sorry I have been told by many that the recruiting of King and Schneider was wrong..... :roll:

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
JeffDunne

saintsRrising wrote:Sorry I have been told by many that the recruiting of King and Schneider was wrong..... :roll:
No, as usual you're wrong.

You've been told that their signing is an indication that the football dept think we have a list that can challenge for a flag.

duckduckduckgoose
Club Player

JeffDunne wrote:
saintsRrising wrote:Sorry I have been told by many that the recruiting of King and Schneider was wrong..... :roll:

You've been told that their signing is an indication that the football dept think we have a list that can challenge for a flag.
jeff 1 rising 0

I bought a shirt from Target once.
It had a hard tag on it too.

I know how Dal feels.
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

JeffDunne wrote:

Apologies to SP 2008...as you were the first that came up in a search....but just to show that once again JD is mistaken:

Saints Premiers 2008 wrote:no to king...i will be fuming if we draft him (nothing against him as a player its just his age and injury concerns are the factors)

just sign up goose already

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

JeffDunne wrote:
their signing is an indication that the football dept think we have a list that can challenge for a flag.
Is there any player that is recruited without this goal in mind...to build a list good enough to win a flag?

Personally I think Lyon's recruiting has sought to both improve the quality of the list short term and into the long term as well (bottom age players such as Steven, Eljay...

maverick
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:
JeffDunne wrote:

Apologies to SP 2008...as you were the first that came up in a search....but just to show that once again JD is mistaken:

Saints Premiers 2008 wrote:no to king...i will be fuming if we draft him (nothing against him as a player its just his age and injury concerns are the factors)

SO many is one now, given I reckon 100 + post on here regularly, find me 30 - 40 to justify the "many" statement.

I reckon many were excited about recruiting King and Schneider, ho hum about Dempster and whatever about C Gardiner, but I could find one post that says that if you like.

King has been good from day 1.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

maverick wrote:
saintsRrising wrote:
JeffDunne wrote:

SO many is one now, given I reckon 100 + post on here regularly, find me 30 - 40 to justify the "many" statement..

Maverick I only had to find the one quote to verify that JD's post was not accurate.

You can read through all the posts if you like Maverick, but yes many posters have indicated that they are not in favour of all the "recycled" players that Lyon has aquired.
maverick wrote:

I reckon many were excited about recruiting King and Schneider, ho hum about Dempster and whatever about C Gardiner, but I could find one post that says that if you like..
Agreed. Many were and I would estimate that the majority were...but why is this relevant to what I posted?
maverick wrote:

I would agree.

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

JeffDunne wrote:

I thought it was becoz we got 2 players for one pick, and they were better than what was on offer in the draft.

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
maverick
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:
maverick wrote:
saintsRrising wrote:
JeffDunne wrote:

SO many is one now, given I reckon 100 + post on here regularly, find me 30 - 40 to justify the "many" statement..

Maverick I only had to find the one quote to verify that JD's post was not accurate.

You can read through all the posts if you like Maverick, but yes many posters have indicated that they are not in favour of all the "recycled" players that Lyon has aquired.
maverick wrote:

I reckon many were excited about recruiting King and Schneider, ho hum about Dempster and whatever about C Gardiner, but I could find one post that says that if you like..
Agreed. Many were and I would estimate that the majority were...but why is this relevant to what I posted?
maverick wrote:

I would agree.
All I am saying (again) is you twist an argument to try and prove your point, you say many, you show one so the point you are tring to make is not made.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

maverick wrote:
All I am saying (again) is you twist an argument to try and prove your point, you say many, you show one so the point you are tring to make is not made.
What twisting?

Again as JD stated You've been told that their signing is an indication that the football dept think we have a list that can challenge for a flag. So I only had to post ONE post indicating otherwise (which I did) to prove his statement was not accurate.

If you like here is another:
Mooksy wrote:
Let's just watch his body pack up. I will put my nuts on it. What a waste.

Again note that there is no reference to " that their signing is an indication that the football dept think we have a list that can challenge for a flag"

As a seperate matter, are you stating that there have not been posts against Lyons recruiting of players from other clubs (as King is from Geelong he is inclusive of such posts)?
Last edited by saintsRrising on Sun 17 Aug 2008 11:50pm, edited 1 time in total.

maverick
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:
maverick wrote:
Are you stating that there have not been posts against Lyons recruiting of players from other clubs?
You said King was wrong, I haven't seen many posts against this, recruiting in general is another topic.

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

King did well today. Was listening on radio and apparently, Kosi roughed up Spandilegs, and put him off his game.

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

maverick wrote:
saintsRrising wrote:
maverick wrote:
Are you stating that there have not been posts against Lyons recruiting of players from other clubs?
You said King was wrong, I haven't seen many posts against this, recruiting in general is another topic.
If a poster states that Lyon should not have recruited players from other clubs, it includes King, whether he is individually listed or not.

Some posts certainly did so.

Unless of course you can explain how we can have recruited King without him having been a Geelong player?

Other posts for example also indicated that he was too injury proan and were specifically on King.
Last edited by saintsRrising on Sun 17 Aug 2008 11:57pm, edited 1 time in total.

mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

Interesting contrasting opinions. He's getting praise here and the ABC commentators were calling for him to hang up the boots.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

mad saint guy wrote:Interesting contrasting opinions. He's getting praise here and the ABC commentators were calling for him to hang up the boots.
Out of interest were they WA based commentators?

King played well today, and so I am surprised at their remarks.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

mad saint guy wrote:Interesting contrasting opinions. He's getting praise here and the ABC commentators were calling for him to hang up the boots.
Yes heard that in the car on the way home. Who was that cabbage? King made him look like the parochial WA numbnut he turned out to be :roll:

FWIW both Healy and Jackoffvich praised King and said that he put Sandilands off his game and generally his around the ground was vey good.

So I tend to believe the people on here and Fox commentators than some small town bias ABC flog who knew he had been made to look foolish by Kings second half performance.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

If one looks at say Dreamteam points (not the best indicator I admit) Sandlinads game today was in his lowest quartile for the year. This would indicate that statistically that King and osi did there job in the ruck.
watching the game on Foxtel that was certainly my impression too.

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

joffaboy wrote:
Yes heard that in the car on the way home. Who was that cabbage? King made him look like the parochial WA numbnut he turned out to be :roll:

FWIW both Healy and Jackoffvich praised King and said that he put Sandilands off his game and generally his around the ground was vey good.

So I tend to believe the people on here and Fox commentators than some small town bias ABC flog who knew he had been made to look foolish by Kings second half performance.
Was it Dorotich? Certainly ate his words soon after.

JeffDunne

saintsRrising wrote:
maverick wrote:
What twisting?

Again as JD stated You've been told that their signing is an indication that the football dept think we have a list that can challenge for a flag. So I only had to post ONE post indicating otherwise (which I did) to prove his statement was not accurate.

If you like here is another:
Mooksy wrote:
Let's just watch his body pack up. I will put my nuts on it. What a waste.

Again note that there is no reference to " that their signing is an indication that the football dept think we have a list that can challenge for a flag"

As a seperate matter, are you stating that there have not been posts against Lyons recruiting of players from other clubs (as King is from Geelong he is inclusive of such posts)?
Jesus man, you are one pathetic individual.

My 'statement' had nothing to do with initial opinions on the recruiting of King.

It was a comment on the thousands of replies to the thousands of posts you've made justifying Ross' p!ss poor performances.

terry smith rules
SS Life Member

at the risk of getting laughed at ...

is King our most important player heading into finals

to have a ruckman who can tap as well as him, I can't remember the last saints ruckman who could tap as well (maybe that bloke that plays for sydney now)

how good would it be at the mcg with king putting the ball down the throat of lenny charing ing forward

don't underestimate the value of a great tap ruckman

fqf