Raph.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Raph.

Really happy for the kid that he has strung two very good games together.

Was rubbished by many on here, and probably for good reason earlier this season.

However the vitriol and hate toward Raph was really vicious at times. The kid obviously has talent and has shown renewed confidence in his decision making and running in the past two games.

Wouldn't it be great to get the best out of the kid.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

Amen. Watched him closely today, and he has some skill. Seems to have time when he has the ball. If he hesitates, is still vulnerable.

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

Hear Hear! Raph played a really great game and it's a credit to him he has been through some really tough times and it's good to see him play a credible game.

fugazi
Saintsational Legend

Loved his spoil, gather and run in the last Q. Massive bonus if he can miraculously start to deliver on his potential.

Nee!
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Pffft, a couple of good games and the kid is a hero..... :lol:

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Just that fraction slow by thought; just that fraction hesitant.

But the signs are getting better.

I'd ditch him for the finals (remember, we need to fit X and Ball in somewhere), but he might have snuck an extra year to his contract.

...or boosted his trade value :shock:

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

evertonfc wrote:Just that fraction slow by thought; just that fraction hesitant.

I'd ditch him for the finals (remember, we need to fit X and Ball in somewhere), but he might have snuck an extra year to his contract.

haha said the same thing myself

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

EvertonFC and The Fireman, why such idiotic negativity? The kid played well. There are 5 or 6 that played today that I would prefer him over for the finals.

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

borderbarry wrote:EvertonFC and The Fireman, why such idiotic negativity? The kid played well. There are 5 or 6 that played today that I would prefer him over for the finals.
Think you will find that the arsonist was taking the urine :twisted:

Raph was good today as was Gwilt, Eddy and Gardiner who kept presenting

Raph took his eyes off the footy a coupla times today and left it behind that said his run was great and the smother and gather and pass to Roo in the last was sensational - he has loads of potential they just need to let him string a few games together and the consistency will come - very happy for the lad

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
elphie
Club Player

consistency from here on in will be the question?
esp. given the different level of pressure & intensity of finals.
the jury is still out, but we're glad he's back on the road to cementing place after some personal issues i hear!

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

I squeezed him in to my best players today !!

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Devilhead wrote:
borderbarry wrote:EvertonFC and The Fireman, why such idiotic negativity? The kid played well. There are 5 or 6 that played today that I would prefer him over for the finals.
Think you will find that the arsonist was taking the urine :twisted:

Raph was good today as was Gwilt, Eddy and Gardiner who kept presenting

Raph took his eyes off the footy a coupla times today and left it behind that said his run was great and the smother and gather and pass to Roo in the last was sensational - he has loads of potential they just need to let him string a few games together and the consistency will come - very happy for the lad
:wink:

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

as i said last week, raph can be a real wildcard for us coming into september.

it's always been about confidence with him and his last two games suggest he is starting to feel that he belongs at this level. that is a big thing for a young player and once they feel that they do belong they can really surprise you.

gwilt was similarly impressive. delivered a couple of nice bumps in marking contests, which was something i haven't seen from one of our forwards since the days of hamill.

saintsrus
SS Hall of Fame

Raphs best game for the club id say

Before Im 85
Goose is king
SS Hall of Fame

His two best games for the club in the last two weeks. What a great time to do that. Confidence rising with the teams. Good on him

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

evertonfc wrote:Just that fraction slow by thought; just that fraction hesitant.

Agree! Someone will have to make way for Fiora :wink:

Seriously, how match "hardened" is X? Ball definite in, but I think this is currently our bext 22.

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
esaint66
SS Life Member

I thought he has been brilliant the past 2 weeks, a bit of confidence has done his consitancy the world of good.

He played great level headed football today, sussed out all of his options without making lazy mistakes.

I take my hat off to you Raph keep it up mate, hitting your straps come finals time .... BRILLIANT !! :D :D

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

fantastic game again by Raph, was great to see.....I was super impressed with his up and under work, prepared to throw his body on the line.

In hindsight, Luke Ball's injury has been a blessing for many of our players - it's forced them to work harder to take up the slack. Hopefully when Ball returns they won't slip into their bad ways again!

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

Jeez, bring Ball back into our lineup and we are looking deadly!!

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

kids need time to develop

plus they need a bit of luck with injury, mentoring etc.

raph will come good IMO.

so will X if he can string a season without being dogged with injury.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
maverick
Saintsational Legend

Agree, two very good games in a row.
He is one player who can run and create space, a desperately needed quality in our side.
He just looks like he wants to grab the game by the scruff of its neck....certainly retained for next season...

Solar
Saintsational Legend

did the 1 %'s that he was doing earlier in the season but now he had team mates in support and was able to use his skills to great effect....

I must say that his smother and lace out kick to roo on the lead would have had everyone on their feet if it was ANY other player (except perhaps fiora)......

Is progressing well on the 4 year apprentice scheme lyon has.

Hey everton, any chance your little champ in schneider can start knocking those goals from 45 out?

Go raph!

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
fingers
Saintsational Legend

saintsrus wrote:Raphs best game for the club id say
Absolutely - best game I have seen him play. Was able to find space and on more than one occasion put his head over the ball. Well done.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

the most heartening aspect of the game to me was the performances of two players who'd been largely written off as having a future, raph and jimmy gwilt.

some will laugh, but i thought raph looked like a potential superstar. he's a gifted player and will have quite a few people eating humble pie if he can continue to build on his confidence.

he's big and has good hands and that extra little bit of time and vision that sets very good players apart from the ordinary.

marksnsparks
Club Player

Since he came back Raph is like a different player complared to last year. What has changed?

Every time he got the ball last year I held my breath to see how he would mess up.

Great effort ATM. Great to see a kid on the way to fulfilling his potential.