Our chance to cheat

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Goose is king
SS Hall of Fame

Our chance to cheat

Playing on Sunday could give us a great chance to manipulate where we play week one of finals. Still slight chance of top 4 (ideal), but could drop the game to play pies in Melbourne. Would much prefer Pies than Adelaide at AAMI

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Forget the cheating. What we want more than anything else is to have our 1st final on the Sunday. Afterall, we are playing the twilight game next week !!

coolingbaba
Club Player

yeah good point i thought of this also.

Hopefully bulldogs will beat crows (50/50), freo beat pies (25/75) and port beat roos (5/95) and 4th is ours!!!

Batnoe

that would make us look like Carlton, losing to stay lower on the ladder!

i really think momentum plays a huge part, if we go into the finals with 3 wins in a row we will go a long way

i think one of, Roos, Crows and Pies will lose so we should finish top 6 which is home final anyway

i really doubt that all 3 of those teams will win... i think the dogs are 90% chance of beating crows so it could be that game which means we play swans in melb!

Legendary
Club Player

Need either the Dockers, Port or Bulldogs to win for us, and then we will have a home final ...

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

coolingbaba wrote: Hopefully bulldogs will beat crows (50/50), freo beat pies (25/75) and port beat roos (5/95) and 4th is ours!!!
Given those chances you gave, it's an 0.625% chance of happening, not including us having to beat Essendon.

mick13
Club Player

Otiman wrote:
coolingbaba wrote: Hopefully bulldogs will beat crows (50/50), freo beat pies (25/75) and port beat roos (5/95) and 4th is ours!!!
Given those chances you gave, it's an 0.625% chance of happening, not including us having to beat Essendon.
Us beating Essendon: 70%.

.7x.5x.25x.05

= 7/1600 chance. Or 1 in 228.

Well, its a chance!

Superboot
SS Life Member

I know we need momentum, but if Collingwood finish 5th, and we finsh 7th and go to Adelaide or Sydney and lose, we'll sure as hell wish we'd finished 8th

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

The likely scenario is if Adelaide win we travel too football park,unless....

We throw the Essendon game,therefore playing the Pies at the G.

In all seriousness,what would you do if this happens?

If we are confronted with this scenario I'd consider resting Lenny,Gram,Harvey, Dal Santo,and only play the likes of fisher ,Rewoildt,Goddard for the first half. We'd be still trying to win,but with an ordinary side out on the park it would be very tough to win. I don't want to see Harves finish in Adelaide,plus it's going to hurt my bank balance having to travel over there.

Come on dogs,do us a favour

Bring back the Lockett era
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Re: Our chance to cheat

Goose is king wrote:Playing on Sunday could give us a great chance to manipulate where we play week one of finals. Still slight chance of top 4 (ideal), but could drop the game to play pies in Melbourne. Would much prefer Pies than Adelaide at AAMI
Silly post IMO...

Playing to lose a game is not the solution, more so the last game before the finals...

you play to win EVERY game

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

I'd be bitterly disappointed if we played to lose. We've done that for quite a few games already this season with some of the lack lustre garbage we've dished up! We've made our bed, now we need to sleep in it and just friggin well fight hard to climb to the top! Having to deal with the Crows at AAMI might be just the kick in the pants to give us some mongrel and backs-to-the-wall belief in ourselves!

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Id rather play Adelaide at AAMI than Collingwood at the G to be honest

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
bergsone
SS Life Member

Just keep winning ,if we play interstate ,so be it,just keep winning

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

if we play how we played against the crows then it wont matter who and where we play

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

wont be the same crows in adelaide thats for sure.

Collingwood at G for me.

Kids on big stage and we owe them.

“Yeah….nah””
St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

Saints Premiers 2008 wrote:if we play how we played against the crows then it wont matter who and where we play
Agreed!

Hit any of our opponents with the same ferocity and I'd back us against anyone!

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:wont be the same crows in adelaide thats for sure.

Collingwood at G for me.

Kids on big stage and we owe them.
So come Sunday at 4.40 depending on results you will be happy to support Essendon.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

i got asked at work yesterday....

"would u rather make it thru to the GF and play geelong (and get spanked) or not make it at all?"

typical power supporter question......

JT
Club Player

If Adelaide win & other results are as expected not only would we have to play Adelaide in Adelaide in the 1st week, but (assuming we win) the loser of Hawthorn/WB in the 2nd week, then Geelong in a prelim.

If we finish 8th we would most likely play Collingwood, Roos then Hawthorn/WB before the GF.

I know which draw I like better!

But I suppose if your good enough the finals draw will be irrelevant.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

JT wrote:If Adelaide win & other results are as expected not only would we have to play Adelaide in Adelaide in the 1st week, but (assuming we win) the loser of Hawthorn/WB in the 2nd week, then Geelong in a prelim.

If we finish 8th we would most likely play Collingwood, Roos then Hawthorn/WB before the GF.

Yes you are right. Lets play Collingwood first. We lost to them just 4 weeks ago after they had a bad run. We just beat Adelaide by 55 points.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

so if adelaide lose and we win we'll play them in melb???
and if we both win, we'll play them over here (sa)??

beauty...
ill get to see another crow bashing.

edit:
ok so what if we both lost?

Saintschampions08
Club Player

WOW.

The sheer stupidity of this is unbelievable..

Since 2004 we've played Adelaide 7 times...we've won 5.

The two matches we lost, they were both at TD.

Collingwood on the other hand...we have such a brilliant recent record against recently...having lost our last 3 games against them.
Sure - we won the 4 before that, which was hard considering they finished 13th and 15th in 2004 and 2005 respectively.

I don't know where this idea that Collingwood would be easier comes from.

We couldn't beat them in the week their club was on the verge of imploding, and our greatest player announced his retirement...yet we should be able too in a final. :roll: :roll:

JT
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
JT wrote:If Adelaide win & other results are as expected not only would we have to play Adelaide in Adelaide in the 1st week, but (assuming we win) the loser of Hawthorn/WB in the 2nd week, then Geelong in a prelim.

Yes you are right. Lets play Collingwood first. We lost to them just 4 weeks ago after they had a bad run. We just beat Adelaide by 55 points.
If you look at the whole draw I think it is fairly obvious we would be better off finishing 8th.

But as I said if you are good enough the draw is irrelevant

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

JT wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

If you look at the whole draw I think it is fairly obvious we would be better off finishing 8th.

But as I said if you are good enough the draw is irrelevant
Well I would rather win week one and then worry about what happens after that later and I think we have more hope against Adelaide but who knows. We may end up playing Sydney.

St Chris
SS Hall of Fame

saint66au wrote:Id rather play Adelaide at AAMI than Collingwood at the G to be honest
+1

Collingwood lift for big games - like finals at the 'G