Milne – Makes all of us look like gutless wankers

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Shaggy
Club Player

Milne – Makes all of us look like gutless wankers

The threads I have read on Milney seem to have got political. This one I would like to be an acknowledgement for his courage.

In my career I played VFA (now VFL), ACTAFL (played on Fabulous Phil in final – career highlight) – ACTAFL paid my uni fees, A grade Amateurs, 5 goals in premiership team … I am a champion in my own mind.

But compared to Milney I know I am gutless.

He had a plate put in his face 4 weeks ago and played on. He had another plate put in the other side of his face one week ago.

I know there is no way I would have done that at whatever level and regardless of the money.

Posters who think the players don’t give their all at AFL level are delusional.

Yapper’s courage over the past 4 weeks is so so so so way beyond the call of duty.

I would like other posters to admit the same.

Its courage so beyond what should be expected.

Who is next to admit they could not play next week after a plate inserted into their face or a second plate 3 weeks later on the other side?
Last edited by Shaggy on Wed 27 Aug 2008 2:25am, edited 1 time in total.

True Blue Sainter
Club Player

Second that mate.

He really has been a testament to himself, his mates, the coaching fans and us supporters who have believed in him. Congrats Milney, and keep up the good work. What a warrior.

The Saints are coming!
Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

I've preached in other threads of my admiration for what he did, and mentioned that almost twelve months ago I copped a depressed fracture of the cheekbone. It still actually hurts when I sneeze. Almost a year later.

What Milney has done must surely be inspirational to all his team mates.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Re: Milne – Makes all of us look like gutless wankers

Shaggy wrote:The threads I have read on Milney seem to have got political. This one I would like to be an acknowledgement for his courage.

In my career I played VFA (now VFL), ACTAFL (played on Fabulous Phil in final – career highlight) – ACTAFL paid my uni fees, A grade Amateurs, 5 goals in premiership team … I am a champion in my own mind.

But compared to Milney I know I am gutless.

He had a plate put in his face 4 weeks ago and played on. He had another plate put in the other side of his face one week ago.

I know there is no way I would have done that at whatever level and regardless of the money.

Posters who think the players don’t give their all at AFL level are delusional.

Yapper’s courage over the past 4 weeks is so so so so way beyond the call of duty.

I would like other posters to admit the same.

Its courage so beyond what should be expected.

Who is next to admit they could not play next week after a plate inserted into their face or a second plate 3 weeks later on the other side?
well said. yapper's one of the most villified and underrated players in the competion and we'd be in a lot of trouble without him.

Hurricane
Saintsational Legend

Totally agree. Milney is as tough as old shoe leather but rarley (if ever) gets the credit he deserves for it.

He is always going to have his detractors for being selfish, only good at Telstra Dome, a "show pony" and other bulls*** like that but we all know he is more than that.

Statisticly he isone of the most damaging small fowards in the AFL (if not THE most) and his courage and fighting spirit obviously will make his team mates walk 10 feet tall.

Keep up the good work "Rocky"

BANG BANG

Mitsuharu Misawa 1962 - 2009.

I am vengeance....I am the night...I....AM.....BATMAN

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass and im all out of bubblegum
markp
Saintsational Legend

And every Milney goal feels like a 9-pointer.

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

Kudos to the boy. True leadership which signals his maturity. Best, most consistant season to date.

Kudos to the caoching staff who I'd say have had a big part in his resurrction as an elite player.

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Has elevated himself himself to a new point of courage and determination.

Well done Milney - you are quickly becoming a 'bolt-on acquisition' for the team.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

Full credit to him too.

Because frankly alot of the criticism was warranted, or at the least had some merit.

What he's shown over the past month is something that makes him valuable to the team - beyond simply goal output.

That's the key in most aspects of life - make yourself a valuable commodity. Do things that make you worthy of keeping around. Friends, family, work, sport, whatever.

Milne has really put to bed an issue (his trading/delisting) that was well and truly alive until 1 month ago.

Well done Milney.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

i posted here on game day & said no way i would be playing. 2 plates in his face!

great effort.

happy feet
Club Player

Club motto

The translation of our club motto is "strength through loyalty". If actions speak louder than words, then Stephen Milne has genuinely lived our motto. Loyalty should be repaid.

busso mick
Club Player

Since he was dropped he has averaged 15 disposals and 2.5 goals per game which would make the form small forward in the league at present. The fact that he has done that with 2 fractured cheekbones speaks volumes about his resolve and courage. If he can replicate this form in the finals then we will do some damage.

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

not me...never doubted him for a second

people on here think that all players have to do literally everything on a football field, different players do different things

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.