The Purrfect Result for Us!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

The Purrfect Result for Us!

The more I think about it, the better our position seems. If at the beginning of the year, we could have named our finishing spot, given that Geelong would be No 1, I'm sure we would have chosen No 4. Nothing to lose in the first week, and if worse comes to worst, can't meet Geelong again until the GF. (No injuries also would have been nice.)

And to think, it was all sown up with at least 1 minute to go in the H&A season!
Last edited by perfectionist on Tue 02 Sep 2008 6:12pm, edited 1 time in total.

RedWhiteBlack
Club Player

Not to mention all of our finals will be played in Melbourne.

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

I've posted this a few times already, but meeting the Cats like this in a final is the best kick start we could possibly ask for! They are the benchmark! This game will either prove what we are capable of, where our deficiencies lie and what we need to do as a team to make this dream become a reality! I’m excited about Sunday. Rain, hail or shine it might very well give us the ammunition required to take this season all the way!

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
stinger
Saintsational Legend

i'd laugh if the cats went out in straight sets...with losses to us and the filth....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
SuperSaint
Club Player

stinger wrote:i'd laugh if the cats went out in straight sets...with losses to us and the filth....
I know we are an excited bunch right now but for this to happen, it would be nothing short of a miracle, especially with those arrogant Cats having virtually a full list to choose from. Still we can only hope. :) :)

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Re: The Purrfect Result for Us!

perfectionist wrote:The more I think about it, the better our position seems. If at the beginning of the year, we could have named our finishing spot, given that Geelong would be No 1, I'm sure we would have chosen No 4. Nothing to lose in the first week, and if worse comes to worst, can't meet Geelong again until the GF. (No injuries also would have been nice.)

And to think, it was all sown up with at least 1 minute to go in the H&A season!
Agree that it's exciting to be able to measure ourselves against the comp leaders in a final, but if we were going to finish top 4 behind Geelong I'd have gone for 2nd or 3rd and an easier direct route to a prelim. I know there's no easy matches and especially not finals, but playing the Bullies or Hawks would be an easier road than the Cats.

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

SuperSaint wrote:
stinger wrote:i'd laugh if the cats went out in straight sets...with losses to us and the filth....
I know we are an excited bunch right now but for this to happen, it would be nothing short of a miracle, especially with those arrogant Cats having virtually a full list to choose from. Still we can only hope. :) :)
I'd love that also! Nothing would make me happier! :lol:

We've come close before in finals. This time our boys need to go for the jugular, take out all stops and hit the next 3 games like their lives depend on it!

Time to finally send off a St Kilda legend with the ultimate prize! It's there to take, time to turn it into reality!

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

I'd laugh more if we get demolished this week, then they lose to us in the Grand Final.

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
bergsone
SS Life Member

SuperSaint wrote:
Agree,but then again I through it would be a miracle if we finished top 4

maverick
Saintsational Legend

The winner of the Friday night game between the Doggies and Hawks think they are in the granny.

Would love to knock the Cats off and see that all change, they would be horrified.....

StSteven
Club Player

Agree,but then again I through it would be a miracle if we finished top 4
Ah but the statiticians would say the chance of one miracle happening is one in millions, the chance of two miracles happening is almost so low to be imposssible!!!!!