Grandy tickets

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

jackal
Club Player

Grandy tickets

I've decided that if we make the Grand final that I will be coming back to Melb (was there for Harveys last home game) to watch it live.

What provisions (if any) are there for interstate members to access tickets as this would be preferable then the mega bucks required to purchase a package?

matrix
Saintsational Legend

fly to melb..ans start sleeping outside the ticket office about 10 hrs before the last decideing game.
u might be lucky :lol:

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

Are tickets available on the internet for GF tickets?

I don't mind camping out with saints supporters for tickets, did it for some time at Waverley Park in '97.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

matrixcutter wrote:fly to melb..ans start sleeping outside the ticket office about 10 hrs before the last decideing game.
u might be lucky :lol:
If we make it.....I imagine it would be the same set up as announced last time we made the top 4.

All members pay $10 to register with Ticketmaster (non-refundable!!!!!)

Social Club Foundations Members and most likely all SC members gain a priority GF ticket as this is part of the SC Package that you pay for each year.

Any remaining tickets then go into a random draw for all registered football club members....say 1 in 10 to 1 in 4 chance of a ticket (i am guessing here).

I assume Interstate members can register...but you should ask the club.
Last edited by saintsRrising on Thu 04 Sep 2008 11:08pm, edited 1 time in total.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
matrix
Saintsational Legend

if worst come to worst id rack it up on the visa and buy a package.who cares how long it takes to pay off

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Basically only Social Club Members can get a Grand Final ticket these days.

Farking AFL give them out to all the corporates with heaps of bucks and screw the members that go every week.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
Launcestonsaint
SS Life Member
Location: Watching our games on tele or listening to the radio :(

From the membership brochure -

"Interstate/Country members have the right to purchase finals tickets in preference to non-members (not including Grand Final).
To gain priority access to the AFL Grand Final, you must hold a full Adult Membership plus Social Club."

:( :(

St Kilda's 2 premiership captains are Tassie born. The Doc & Roo.
matrix
Saintsational Legend

thats me next year :D
retiring from footy this saturday (GF too :D ) and will be purchasing a full membership and socail pakage and flying over at least a dozen times.
working OT all summer to save the dosh.

karnak
Club Player

I'm in London and hold a full adult membership and SC.

if we make it i'll be flying from london (takes 24hrs on plane). Land Sat morning. Watch us win. Party all night on Saturday night and fly out Sunday 12pm, hehehe. Oh yeah!

Sam Gilbert you are an EXCITEMENT MACHINE!
Launcestonsaint
SS Life Member
Location: Watching our games on tele or listening to the radio :(

matrixcutter wrote:thats me next year :D
retiring from footy this saturday (GF too :D ) and will be purchasing a full membership and socail pakage and flying over at least a dozen times.
Good luck on Saturday mate.

St Kilda's 2 premiership captains are Tassie born. The Doc & Roo.
The Saintsational Man
Club Player

Bernard Shakey wrote:Basically only Social Club Members can get a Grand Final ticket these days.

Farking AFL give them out to all the corporates with heaps of bucks and screw the members that go every week.
I can see your point, but remember without those dollars from the corporates, the AFL wouldn't be what it is today.

I know that extra money is a bit much for alot of families, but it's a cruel world I guess.

mightysainters
SS Hall of Fame

Launcestonsaint wrote:From the membership brochure -

"Interstate/Country members have the right to purchase finals tickets in preference to non-members (not including Grand Final).
To gain priority access to the AFL Grand Final, you must hold a full Adult Membership plus Social Club."

i have a concession social club :shock: does this mean i woouldn't get one?

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

mightysainters wrote:
Launcestonsaint wrote:From the membership brochure -

i have a concession social club :shock: does this mean i woouldn't get one?
is it 'FUll" membership as in 11 or 16 games
classed as an ADULT- whether concession or not I wold have thought-

the club have/ were advertising G/F packages- starting at 1,300 - the footy show/ ch nine package with crown meal etc.

I would love to be there this year to see Harves go around ; :?

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Raven
Club Player

Heh, I wonder how I fit into it. I have a Silver AFL membership and a Social Club membership too.

I always thought that all SC members were guaranteed a GF ticket, because the SC membership total was capped and the AFL allocated a certain amount of tickets to the social clubs of the competing clubs.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

[quote="Raven"]Heh, I wonder how I fit into it. I have a Silver AFL membership and a Social Club membership too.

I always thought that all SC members were guaranteed a GF ticket, yes form this year on at the saintsbecause the SC membership total was capped and the AFL allocated a certain amount of tickets to the social clubs of the competing clubs.(each club allocates their tickets in their own way-[/quote]

The saints have capped the social club to 8.500 to try and ensure all Social club members would get access to a ticket,
AFL allocation will vary and more may/ would be then avialable if the AFL releases more to the clubs

each club gets,1,000 each year. The Saints have had the info up for some time on how theirs are distributed.
players and staff raffling for the 20??
http://www.saints.com.au/hiddenpromos/A ... fault.aspx
Last edited by saintbrat on Fri 05 Sep 2008 9:20am, edited 1 time in total.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
matrix
Saintsational Legend

Launcestonsaint wrote:
matrixcutter wrote:thats me next year :D
Good luck on Saturday mate.
cheers!
(when 2 trips a week to the physio for some brutality start to occur, u know its time to hang em up)

my les foote
Club Player

karnak wrote:I'm in London and hold a full adult membership and SC.

if we make it i'll be flying from london (takes 24hrs on plane). Land Sat morning. Watch us win. Party all night on Saturday night and fly out Sunday 12pm, hehehe. Oh yeah!
I'm with you karnak. In Saturday morning, out Sunday lunch time. I've got 4 legs booked. They let me choose my seat so I took row 35 in honor of Harvs for each leg.

Win it for HIM!
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

FOundation Social Club has been discontinued in favour of capping memebership at 8500

AFAIK that cap was not reached so if you have SC memebrship, you are in!

As for AFL Silver Membership, forget it if the Saints are playing. Full Members (and bloody Medallion Club members) take all the tickets unless 2 Interstate clubs play off. IMHO its totally wrong that Full Members who dont have competing club support take preference over Silver Members who do..and they wonder why there's no atmosphere on GF day :roll:

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:FOundation Social Club has been discontinued in favour of capping memebership at 8500

AFAIK that cap was not reached so if you have SC memebrship, you are in!

As for AFL Silver Membership, forget it if the Saints are playing. Full Members (and bloody Medallion Club members) take all the tickets unless 2 Interstate clubs play off. IMHO its totally wrong that Full Members who dont have competing club support take preference over Silver Members who do..and they wonder why there's no atmosphere on GF day :roll:
Not sure I agree on that. A silver member could just join that year because he is confident his side may make the GF. I have been an AFL member for 20 years and paid a hell of a lot of money in that time so I think I should get rights way before a silver member. Even then I doubt I will get a ticket this year unless the Saints make it as it will probably be 2 vic sides but it is hard to complain as people forget you cannot make extra tickets come out of thin air.

If the G held 200000 on GF day they would fill it. Lets just hope we get there and ALL Saints AFL members get a ticket.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Ahh see call me an idealist plugger, but I reckon the No 1 right to a grand final ticket should go to people who support the 2 sides playing..over and above anyone who's paid money for 20 years.

I've been an MCC Full Member since 1995 and have attended every GF since then. The MCC dont have "club support" priority as there an overwhelming old-school air of "I pays me money that earns me the right to go to the GF no matter who I support. I reckon the sooner they bring it in the better

I would dearly dearly love Grand Final day to be handed back to the fans of the teams playing. Yes I know that corporate support is critical, and many corporates wont jump on baord unless theres a swag of GF tickets in rthe deal..but..MCC/AFL Members take up half the room at the ground so re-jigging their entitlements would be a good place to start...fr instance..

* Bring in Club Support priority for MCC Members....and make the whole reserve pre-booked seating on GF day. Anything unsold gets handed to the AFL for use for Competing Club AFL members. There will be an outcry that the "unwashed" are allowed in to the reserve but for one day I'm sure they'd cope. The AFL spruik GF day as one of the great days on the world sporting calender, yet more than 10% of the seating is at the whim of people who turn up on the day and dont even follow one of the teams more than likely?

* Scrap the ridiculous allowance that gets all 5000 Medallion Club members a GF seat and hand those tickets back to Silver Members with competing club support

There...all the big corporates still get their cushy ground Level GSS tickets but a few more people that will actually make some noise get in.

Have a listen to the crowd at Prelim Finals..or on Sunday even. The noise level is far above what you hear on GF day, cos the ground is full of people who are passionate about one of the teams!!

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:Ahh see call me an idealist plugger, but I reckon the No 1 right to a grand final ticket should go to people who support the 2 sides playing..over and above anyone who's paid money for 20 years.

I've been an MCC Full Member since 1995 and have attended every GF since then. The MCC dont have "club support" priority as there an overwhelming old-school air of "I pays me money that earns me the right to go to the GF no matter who I support. I reckon the sooner they bring it in the better

I would dearly dearly love Grand Final day to be handed back to the fans of the teams playing. Yes I know that corporate support is critical, and many corporates wont jump on baord unless theres a swag of GF tickets in rthe deal..but..MCC/AFL Members take up half the room at the ground so re-jigging their entitlements would be a good place to start...fr instance..

* Bring in Club Support priority for MCC Members....and make the whole reserve pre-booked seating on GF day. Anything unsold gets handed to the AFL for use for Competing Club AFL members. There will be an outcry that the "unwashed" are allowed in to the reserve but for one day I'm sure they'd cope. The AFL spruik GF day as one of the great days on the world sporting calender, yet more than 10% of the seating is at the whim of people who turn up on the day and dont even follow one of the teams more than likely?

* Scrap the ridiculous allowance that gets all 5000 Medallion Club members a GF seat and hand those tickets back to Silver Members with competing club support

There...all the big corporates still get their cushy ground Level GSS tickets but a few more people that will actually make some noise get in.

Have a listen to the crowd at Prelim Finals..or on Sunday even. The noise level is far above what you hear on GF day, cos the ground is full of people who are passionate about one of the teams!!
Your an idealist plugger. Sorry I meant you are an idealist. Sorry we agree to disagree.

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Grandy tickets

:lol: I must have been asleep! Did we Kapow Geelong and then Hawkers? are we there!!! someone pinch me :wink: :wink:

AAAhem! Lets win the games first THEN talk about tix!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(sorry to be the party-pooper!)

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Nah jiggster..just a generic rant about tix that happens every year..no matter what teams are competing:-)

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Spelly
Club Player

Re Finals' tickets (including registering for Grand Final Tickets!) ...

All the info is here ... http://www.saints.com.au/Season2008/Fin ... fault.aspx

(Please delete if posted somewhere else!)

NB. Above info in members only e-mail yesterday.
Information also received in today's mail for Social Club Members - well done to the Club for providing all the details in an easy to follow format!
Last edited by Spelly on Fri 05 Sep 2008 1:00pm, edited 1 time in total.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Spelly wrote:Re Finals' tickets (including registering for Grand Final Tickets!) ...

All the info is here ... http://www.saints.com.au/Season2008/Fin ... fault.aspx

(Please delete if posted somewhere else!)
Thanks...

A key extract of this is:

• All Social Club Members including Foundation Members are offered the chance to register to purchase Grand Final tickets through
Ticketmaster once St Kilda qualifies for a Preliminary Final.

• Registration date:

If St Kilda win QF (Week 1) Registration will be Wednesday September 10 from 8am – 5pm.

If St Kilda lose QF (Week 1), but win SF (Week 2) Registration will be Wednesday September 17 from 8am – 5pm.

Please note: any Social Club members who do not register in the designated time frame will waive their right to a guaranteed ticket should St Kilda compete in the 2008 Toyota AFL Grand Final.

• Members registering must have a valid 2008 St Kilda Social Club barcode.

Full details for SC Members is at: http://www.saints.com.au/Portals/0/social%20club.doc

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....