Time for Honesty

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

NoMore
Club Player

Time for Honesty

I know people probably think i have a vendetta againts a few guy in our side but i am yet to be convinced by them.

We have 3 guys in our side who in my opinion just aren't up to league footy let alone finals footy.

C. Jones Yes he got a bit of the ball yesterday but they were all useless possesions. Most of the time all that happens when he gets it is he puts a teamate under pressure because he s***s himself.

R. Eddy I don't even know what his role is in the team. I know people will say he is in the team as a defensive forward. The best way to be make ur man accountable up forward is to actually kick some goals. His disposal is similar to jones however he finds the footy less and looks slow.

McQualter He has becaome a one trick pony. You have to be able to do more than stop to play AFL these days. Don't know what happened to Mini but he came out of Under 18's with big wraps on him as a tought attacking midfielder. Now he doesn't look like he could ever find the ball

At the moment i think all 3 of these should count themselves lucky to be on a list let alone playing in a big final on the G.

It is time for Armo and Birss to be welcomed back.

And at the risk of being abused bring back Fiora at least on his good days he offered us something

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

Agree.

I give Jones a game on his commitment alone,not his skills. We lack players with commitment to the contest, so he stays....just. Agree on the other two,contribute little at best

Bring back the Lockett era
NoMore
Club Player

Surely commitment can only continue getting you a game for so long.

I would be committed if i was allowed to play does it mean i should play.

No i am hopless even if i layed 10 tackles

bergsone
SS Life Member

Let me get this right ,you want to drop CJ for Fiora,only 3-4 players can hold their head up yesterday,and you want to drop one

Eddy,Gwilt ,Gardiner Mini ,and a few others should be looking over their shoulder ,not CJ...just on form

NoMore
Club Player

bergsone wrote:Let me get this right ,you want to drop CJ for Fiora,only 3-4 players can hold their head up yesterday,and you want to drop one

Eddy,Gwilt ,Gardiner Mini ,and a few others should be looking over their shoulder ,not CJ...just on form
Actually i mentioned Eddy and Mini if u read my post.

Fiora is so much more dangerous with the ball than any of these

Gwilt is just the King of the whipping boys although he has been pretty reasonable and is wortrh persisting with and i tend to agree with u on gardner and wouldn't mind seeing mcenvoy take his place as a permenent FF

Winmarvellous
Club Player

DO NOT BRING BACK FIORA!!! :x :x :x

lefty
Club Player

This is true.

The problem is when you're winning, everyone looks like a star. When your loosing, the average players turn crappy, whilst the good hold their ground.

I thought Mini did his tagging role good, but did he even get a touch? What did he "offer" the team to create a goal? Greanted, the coach may have just said "i dont care if you dont get a kick, dont let your player" so he'd have done his job.

Eddy just isnt up to it. He's there, but again, what impact does he have? Did he score, set up any goals? Is he really a forward target? I dont see us kicking it to him. Or is he suppose to crumb the ball and apply pressure in our forward line? I dont see it...

Fiz, he's a strange one. Most of the time, he fiddles around and does jack all, but when he's on, he can have some very good game's, his problem is consistency. Having said that, I would play him ahead of Eddy. I seriously think Eddy has had a decent go. Time to get Fiz back.

CJ I think deserve's to keep his spot. I think he's one of the few who run's hard to chase/tackle someone. I think he has a spot in this side.

J.Gram, well, he's no Aussie Jones, shows when the pressure's on he goes lacking. Has bad habits of the "long bomb" kicks into the forward line without thought, which is frustrating. Im not sure if he does it because he knows hes a long kick or what?

Armatige must get a game this week, along with Birrs. Armatige gives us midfield grunt. Not sure why Ross doesnt see this.

Xman better start doing something also, and no stupid bounce's in the wet!

Also will someone tell the darn players to wear stomps when its raining instead of molds...

SAINT JUMP
Club Player

cj shytes himself :shock: 16 contested poss :?:

matrix
Saintsational Legend

i was surprised to see alot of the time i looked thru the binoculars at centre bounces to see cj in there.

but seeing as he is a great chaser and hard worker i can understand the reasoning behind putting him in there.

the kid gives it his all and u cant ask for much more than that.

i was more pissed off with milburn getting so much of the footy across the backline.....30 friggin touches and just set them up numerous times from the back flanks

edit: cj s***s himself :?: :?: :?:

ummm...army award nominee for courage??, but yeah he craps himself :roll:

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

The long bomb into the forward line is exactly what Grammy should be doing, not hesitating and going for the chip kick. We have enough forwards up there, that someone should present.

What is the point in having the talls, if you kick in the smalls?

Play on at all costs, give the forwards half a chance to make a marking contest....

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

We need more players like Jones IMHO! Saying that's he's no good will only come back and bite you on the backside later. He has massive potential! Another Joey in our midst!l

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
NoMore
Club Player

I don't mean he sh!ts himself as in he lacks courage. He has courage in bucket loads.

But when he has the ball and he is faced with a split second decision he sh!ts himself and then puts a team mate under pressure.

Also i don't believe there is room in the game for guys who can't kick the ball over 40 metres. Jones and Eddy can't do this How can the both play half forward if when they take a mark 40 out they can't make the distance.

I still believe on an average Fiora day he offers way more to this side than at least Eddy and Mini

I don't think Jones will make it but i have been wrong before. I think everyone is getting carried away with him putting in effort. Name me Geelongs equivelent of Jones

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

St. Luke wrote:We need more players like Jones IMHO! Saying that's he's no good will only come back and bite you on the backside later. He has massive potential! Another Joey in our midst!l
Err - at what ages do people project Jones will peak? 32?

I'd suss out whether any of the WA clubs have an interest in him and if they do, I'd send him back.

Otherwise I'd think long and hard about whether or not he was worth keeping on. He's just so sloppy under pressure.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

SAINT JUMP
Club Player

so are a lot of others

matrix
Saintsational Legend

NoMore wrote:I don't mean he sh!ts himself as in he lacks courage. He has courage in bucket loads.

But when he has the ball and he is faced with a split second decision he sh!ts himself and then puts a team mate under pressure.
ohh ok i see...and actually agree.
this is where id rather him see that the first decision he was going to choose was gone, and then just have a friggin go and run and take them on...
than
try and make a quick second decision to pass off, and put himself too far under the pump

SAINT JUMP
Club Player

plus 93% EFF on sunday. sloppy

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

CJ stood up on sunday - most didn't!

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

Winmarvellous wrote:DO NOT BRING BACK FIORA!!! :x :x :x
why is kane your avatar??

oh its sad i know that...

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Armo, Armo, Armo?

What is the love affair with Armo on this site?

He has been given plenty of opportunity this year, but is just not up to it at the moment.
Doesn't get enough of the ball to play midfield, can't tag and doesn't have the tank to run a game out.

With another preseason under his belt hopefully he will emerge as a senior player next year.

Not ready yet.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
Solar
Saintsational Legend

agree, not sure why everyone is in love with armo when talking about players with great kicking.... armo puts the boot in but his kicking is more gram then BJ.....

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
terry smith rules
SS Life Member

it was our top 11 players who did not stand up on sunday not our bottom 11

as with every club the bottom players get dragged along by the cream

even with the cats, put players like

j hunt, rooke, lonergan even c mooney into a bottom team and they would struggle

check out what happened to the eagles once they lost their top tier players

so don't go balming eddy , mini etc for sunday start at the other end

killa_gram
Club Player

You lost all cred as soon as you mentioned, "bring back Fiora."

Innocent until proven guilty!

I'm Baaaaaaaaack!!!!!!
saint vince
Club Player

Couldn't agree more.

The players that were well below were all in our top ten.

Riewoldt
Kosi
Dal
Gram

They will all bounce back and we will have a good win this week and all this dropping players talk will go away.

bergsone
SS Life Member

killa_gram wrote:You lost all cred as soon as you mentioned, "bring back Fiora."
Thing is I would not be surprised if RL did bring him back.But I wouldnt

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

The problem with us now, and for the past 2 years, is that we rely on our stars to win games on talent.

When they do, our bottom 6 look Ok.

But they aren't Ok. They're very average.

When our stars don't play well, this is clear.

Over the past 2 months, Roo has been dominant, Lenny has been awesome, Dal, Milne etc. have all been in very good form.

Lyon needed to get our good players playing well - he did this in the 2nd half of the year.

However, he needs to ensure it happens in finals. And he needs to improve the rest of our team.

Because the young guys he's brought in are very average players.