The Jigging Saint's media blackout

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

In response to the awful result/performance on Sunday last, the old Jigging Saint-a-roonie has imposed a media blackout on himself. There's a huge challenge coming up this weekend and I really don't need to hear/read/watch any of the crud being churned up about our club and team. So it's no Age or Hereald Sun for me! Great Australian short stories will do me for this weeks reading material! :D No SEN either I really dont need talkback callers like "Brad from Eltham" "Jim from Hawthorn" (and some other idiot from Murrumbeena :oops: :cry: )
I'm going through the CD collection ("Birth of the Cool" ATM 8-)) and I'm only going to get my "Footy fix" here on Saintsational where I know I have pals!
I intend to concentrate on building up a MAD for this game :evil:

See you all there

(I'm back to Miles now)

Love to all

Dave

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
Persuader
Club Player

I've done that for a few years now Dave.
It helps get over a hellish loss a lot faster.

Founding member of the Jason Blake Appreciation Society
Superboot
SS Life Member

I watched the 1997 Grand Final in a pub in south Yorkshire at about 5.00am.

At the end of the game I walked out into the street and it was almost as if the whole thing had never happened. No-one I saw that day had even heard of St Kilda, unless they'd been for a very wet and windy holiday off the coast of Scotland.

And there was nothing about it in the papers or on TV. Local team Doncaster Rovers' next game would have been much bigger news.

It's amazing how that kind of isolation can aid the recovery process.

And in case you're thinking I can't be much of a fan, I still haven't got over 1971 :(

Selhurst Saint
Club Player

Re: The Jigging Saint's media blackout

thejiggingsaint wrote:In response to the awful result/performance on Sunday last, the old Jigging Saint-a-roonie has imposed a media blackout on himself. There's a huge challenge coming up this weekend and I really don't need to hear/read/watch any of the crud being churned up about our club and team. So it's no Age or Hereald Sun for me! Great Australian short stories will do me for this weeks reading material! :D No SEN either I really dont need talkback callers like "Brad from Eltham" "Jim from Hawthorn" (and some other idiot from Murrumbeena :oops: :cry: )
I'm going through the CD collection ("Birth of the Cool" ATM 8-)) and I'm only going to get my "Footy fix" here on Saintsational where I know I have pals!

See you all there

(I'm back to Miles now)

Love to all

Dave
It didn't stop you ringing SEN yesterday Dave. :wink:

"...If there has been one recurring theme through this whole shocking mess, it has been the misguided, inflated egos and their ill-judged determination to cling to long-standing old boy friendships. The bad advice that has guided the selfish and culpable James Hird has not only punctuated this saga but symbolised it..."
matrix
Saintsational Legend

Re: The Jigging Saint's media blackout

Selhurst Saint wrote:
thejiggingsaint wrote:In response to the awful result/performance on Sunday last, the old Jigging Saint-a-roonie has imposed a media blackout on himself. There's a huge challenge coming up this weekend and I really don't need to hear/read/watch any of the crud being churned up about our club and team. So it's no Age or Hereald Sun for me! Great Australian short stories will do me for this weeks reading material! :D No SEN either I really dont need talkback callers like "Brad from Eltham" "Jim from Hawthorn" (and some other idiot from Murrumbeena :oops: :cry: )

See you all there

(I'm back to Miles now)

Love to all

Dave
It didn't stop you ringing SEN yesterday Dave. :wink:
LOL :lol: :lol:
busted!

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Superboot wrote:I watched the 1997 Grand Final in a pub in south Yorkshire at about 5.00am.

At the end of the game I walked out into the street and it was almost as if the whole thing had never happened. No-one I saw that day had even heard of St Kilda, unless they'd been for a very wet and windy holiday off the coast of Scotland.

And there was nothing about it in the papers or on TV. Local team Doncaster Rovers' next game would have been much bigger news.

And in case you're thinking I can't be much of a fan, I still haven't got over 1971 :(
Question: If we made the big one this year and lost, would you suffer as badly as 97 or 72?

I reckon this year it wouldn't be half as bad, given Geelong's form and how much better they obviously are than us.

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

I'm with you, Jiggster - if you know the media is going to hammer you and you don't want to hear it, look away and then you have nothing to complain about!

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

:oops: "busted!" is right Matrix! I rang up KB to just get my two bobsworth in about Matthew Scarllett! THEN the blackout was imposed!!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
JeffDunne

I've been totally focused on the opening of the NFL season since the game except checking Saintsational for news. Saints had a great win for those interested.

If we're copping it we deserve it.

Me, I'll worry about the next game about Thursday.

Superboot
SS Life Member

saintspremiers wrote:
Superboot wrote:I watched the 1997 Grand Final in a pub in south Yorkshire at about 5.00am.

Question: If we made the big one this year and lost, would you suffer as badly as 97 or 72?

I reckon this year it wouldn't be half as bad, given Geelong's form and how much better they obviously are than us.
Given our squad I think we've done a fantastic job to finish 4th.

Anything else is a bonus as far as I'm concerned.

I'll be disappointed if we don't win one final, but I don't have any expectations that we can get anywhere near Geelong.

'71 was a shocker because we were well in front with a quarter to go. Hawthorn beat us 4 times that season.

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

And here was I - just returned from more than 4 overseas, believing the stars had aligned and i would see my dream unfold - unfortunately i was in Adelaide. Went for a drive after the game so i didn't have to watch my friends celebrating, and had to stop myself deliberately running over the euphoric crows fans dancing in the streets!

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

How quickly has everyone's media blackout ended?

I've been swimming in it this morning. Bought both papers, watched the shows, and the replay already.

We're a fickle bunch.

:D

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

JeffDunne

Since you asked Ev . . . right about now.

The next 2-3 days will be all NFL for me and I'll start worring about next week, next week.

I hope the club put the shutters up too and just lay low this week.