No changes if all players are fit!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

No changes if all players are fit!

I reckon this will happen.

Yes, a lot of fringe players were down, but last week was an abbreation.

Dropping X is pointless and bringing in Allen/Gardy/Armo etc....they may be rusty in the one's also given their time out.

We need a settled side in finals time.

IF all players are fit = zero changes.

Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

gardiner in for C gardiner so that kosi can be pernament full forward

Sam23
SS Life Member

100% agree with the O.P.

Goddard.
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

would prefer Armitage in the side ahead of x

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Armitage for Eddy.

Ball (if fit, unlikely) for McQualter.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

If Ball ain't fit... bring in Armo.

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
sainters man
Club Player

ralphysaints35 wrote:gardiner in for C gardiner so that kosi can be pernament full forward
I agree! need as much forward power as possible! Geelong had 2 ruckman and a few big forwards, we need to stretch collingwood

Also bring in armitage, you know he will always go in hard for the ball!

Sobraz
SS Life Member

Eddy needs to go.... was horrible against the cats and is just wayyy out of his depth... Charlie was poor also... I'd be looking at dropping these two for Armo and M. Gardiner.. If Gards isnt right, J.Allen to play the exact same role as Charlie, but harder at the ball...

Eddy is the obvious out tho...

emmdee
Club Player

Birss in for mine, hard body can kick a goal. The sort of player to match up well on Burns maybe?

Rather a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy
bergsone
SS Life Member

IMO--out Gardiner,Eddy Mini
in Allen,Armo Birss

Lucky to get a gig on last weeks game Gwilt ,Schneider,Kosi,Milne etc etc

Hopefully the finals bug is out of ther system,get back to playing the sort of footy which eventually got em there in the first place

S.A Saint
Club Player

Totally agree with Bergsone

C.Gardiner just doenst kick enough goals to be played in a forward line. Even though he is a leading forward, should kick one or two goals to hold his spot.

Mini i think that birss is a better player who can also win the ball and use it well and even bob up with a few goals.

Eddy tried hard last week with a bag of tackles but skills lacking a bit. Armo to add toughness to the midfield and has shown when rested in the forward line can bag a few goals

degruch
Saintsational Legend

Only change should be Birss in, to curb Swann. Not sure who should drop out...possibly Eddy. I'm sure Ball won't be ready. Armo, Allen? No fringe players please, this is the finals...no time for mucking around.

S.A Saint
Club Player

what has gardiner done these past few weeks. I know he takes the heat of roo but i reckon Allen would be able to do the same and he can also take a pack mark and kick goals as he has proven in the scorps

degruch
Saintsational Legend

S.A Saint wrote:what has gardiner done these past few weeks. I know he takes the heat of roo but i reckon Allen would be able to do the same and he can also take a pack mark and kick goals as he has proven in the scorps
Yeah, I hear ya, but Allen has played, wot, 6 games? No finals experience, not a mature body, plus Scorps form doesn't count for that much when you're taking on the best of the best.

If Charlie takes the heat off Roo, and it results in goals (whether from Charlie or Roo), great. Charlie has also proven he can kick a few too.

bergsone
SS Life Member

degruch wrote:Only change should be Birss in, to curb Swann. Not sure who should drop out...possibly Eddy. I'm sure Ball won't be ready. Armo, Allen? No fringe players please, this is the finals...no time for mucking around.
Reckon we need to drop a few FRINGE players

degruch
Saintsational Legend

bergsone wrote:
degruch wrote:Only change should be Birss in, to curb Swann. Not sure who should drop out...possibly Eddy. I'm sure Ball won't be ready. Armo, Allen? No fringe players please, this is the finals...no time for mucking around.
...who've played 'OK' recently, and replace them with more fringe players who've done nothing???

bergsone
SS Life Member

degruch wrote:
bergsone wrote:
...who've played 'OK' recently, and replace them with more fringe players who've done nothing???
You can only go on scorps form,Allen Birss Armo have shown form there recently,really I dont take much notice of Essendon form.Hope you are right in some ways finals nerves out of the way,but some were really found wanting ,just feel that these guys can give us a better set up this week

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

Does anyone know Charlies record at St.Kilda, how many games, how many goals? Would be worth a look at.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

bergsone wrote:
degruch wrote:
bergsone wrote:
You can only go on scorps form,Allen Birss Armo have shown form there recently,really I dont take much notice of Essendon form.Hope you are right in some ways finals nerves out of the way,but some were really found wanting ,just feel that these guys can give us a better set up this week
Well, it's all subjective ain't it? I just get gittery when people think of wholesale changes during finals matches. Let's face it, if Baker, Macguire, Ball, M Gardiner, Dempster were all available, and the Clarkes had been playing most of the season, there probably would be any depth issues at all. Birss has always been starting 22, don't know why he's been out, but surely he'll be in this week given his past form against the Pies???

bergsone
SS Life Member

degruch wrote:
bergsone wrote:
degruch wrote:
bergsone wrote:
Well, it's all subjective ain't it? I just get gittery when people think of wholesale changes during finals matches. Let's face it, if Baker, Macguire, Ball, M Gardiner were all available, and the Clarkes had been playing most of the season, there probably would be any depth issues at all.
Probally why WE are not on the selection committe at the club,just hope all these scenarios are thrown up at selection.FWIW I would make 3 changes,dont think that is wholesale changes

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Robert Eddy led our tackle count v Cats with 8 tackles !!

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

S.A Saint wrote:what has gardiner done these past few weeks. I know he takes the heat of roo but i reckon Allen would be able to do the same and he can also take a pack mark and kick goals as he has proven in the scorps
Didn't take any heat off Roo on Sunday... still double/ triple teamed.

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
TimeToShineFellas
SS Hall of Fame

borderbarry wrote:Does anyone know Charlies record at St.Kilda, how many games, how many goals? Would be worth a look at.
Thought I would do a quick comparison........

Charlie Gardiner at St Kilda 2008
12 matches
Avg 11.7 disposals
Avg 5.2 marks
Avg 1.9 tackles
9 goals (avg 0.8)
3 behinds
Accuracy 75%

Charlie Gardiner at Geelong 2002-2007
51 matches
Avg 9.9 disposals
Avg 4.2 marks
Avg 1.3 tackles
23 goals (avg 0.5)
24 behinds
Accuracy 49%

bergsone
SS Life Member

Eastern wrote:Robert Eddy led our tackle count v Cats with 8 tackles !!
Yes fair enough tackles that STICK are good,just not getting enough of the footy for me,bit like Mini

TimeToShineFellas
SS Hall of Fame

Eastern wrote:Robert Eddy led our tackle count v Cats with 8 tackles !!
Chased a hell of a lot of tail (pardon the pun)

If Ball isn't fit, I'd just make the one change - Birss in, McQualter out.