Lets get fair dinkum about Kosi!!!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Lets get fair dinkum about Kosi!!!

The constant critism of Kosi has become a joke, at his best he is a elite marking player and capable ruckmen. At his worst he is still better than every teams back up ruckmen and in a few cases better than there first. Look at this list of regular 22 ruckmen and tell me who is superier to Kosi.

Bryan Everitt
Blake Griffen
Cloke
Laycock
Pattison
Jamar
Seaby
Warnock
Minson
Taylor

He returns better numbers than any of those yet we speak of offloading him. He is right up there in the contested marks stats somthing most clubs would die for.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: Lets get fair dinkum about Kosi!!!

CURLY wrote:The constant critism of Kosi has become a joke, at his best he is a elite marking player and capable ruckmen. At his worst he is still better than every teams back up ruckmen and in a few cases better than there first. Look at this list of regular 22 ruckmen and tell me who is superier to Kosi.

Bryan Everitt
Blake Griffen
Cloke
Laycock
Pattison
Jamar
Seaby
Warnock
Minson
Taylor

He returns better numbers than any of those yet we speak of offloading him. He is right up there in the contested marks stats somthing most clubs would die for.
Are they earning what Kosi is earning? Yes he is better than all of those but we could probably name a heap of forwards who are better than Kosi and probably earning a lot less.

clarky449
Saintsational Legend

Yeh how much is he getting paid What pick was he taken at how long has he been in the game for?

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Other than Bradshaw and this year Roughead what teams 2nd marking forward is better?

chook23
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:Other than Bradshaw and this year Roughead what teams 2nd marking forward is better?
Has not Ottens played a similar role to Kosi but rotated a little more through interchange

Blake has been 1st ruck

Understand Ottens missed early part of season.

saint4life
CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Ottens is four years older than Kosi and only last year did he truly earn his keep .

Legendary
Club Player

Is Koschitzke performing to the level expected of our 5th or 6th highest paid player?

No.

Is he performing to the level expected of a second ruckman and 3rd forward, and hence to the level needed to be a part of our 22?

Yes.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

i wish some of the f-wits on here would get off the guy's back ffs........as if they could even get a kick at this level...... :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:i wish some of the f-wits on here would get off the guy's back ffs........as if they could even get a kick at this level...... :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Luckily you have never had a go at a Saints player.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Are they earning what Kosi is earning? Yes he is better than all of those but we could probably name a heap of forwards who are better than Kosi and probably earning a lot less.
well name them then einstein....the fact is you wouldn't know f*** about what he...or any of the ones you would care to name... are earning.... :roll: :roll: :evil: :evil: :evil:

stinger
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
stinger wrote:i wish some of the f-wits on here would get off the guy's back ffs........as if they could even get a kick at this level...... :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Luckily you have never had a go at a Saints player.
yeah i have.....i don't deny it...when idiots and clowns on here want to pump up vfl grade footballers into superstars......what else would a reasonable student of the game do ffs........f w i w ...
Last edited by stinger on Wed 10 Sep 2008 9:37pm, edited 1 time in total.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
well name them then einstein....the fact is you wouldn't know f*** about what he...or any of the ones you would care to name... are earning.... :roll: :roll: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Luckily everthing you write about is all factual. You are such an angry old man. Wouldnt be hard to guess an approximate amount players are on. You probably still think everyone is on 3 pound a game.

steph
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
CURLY wrote:The constant critism of Kosi has become a joke, at his best he is a elite marking player and capable ruckmen. At his worst he is still better than every teams back up ruckmen and in a few cases better than there first. Look at this list of regular 22 ruckmen and tell me who is superier to Kosi.

Bryan Everitt
Blake Griffen
Cloke
Laycock
Pattison
Jamar
Seaby
Warnock
Minson
Taylor

so if kosi signed a new contract, for a lower salary, would that shut people up?

saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

I would love to see Lyon play him 100 % in the backline at CHB on a Cloke/Dawes and give him a job to do...bring Allen in as an extra forward

Would free up Sam Fisher and give Max a chop out as well.

Still believe that moving him out of the backline several years ago was a big mistake and that he could have been a Glen Jajovich type Key defender :roll:

Never take a backward step even to gain momentum.....

'It's OK to have the capabilities and abilities, but you've got to get it done." Terry Daniher 05

"We have beauty in our captain and we have a true leader in our coach. Our time will come"
Thinline.Post 09 Grand final.
chook23
Saintsational Legend

saint patrick wrote:I would love to see Lyon play him 100 % in the backline at CHB on a Cloke/Dawes and give him a job to do...bring Allen in as an extra forward

Would free up Sam Fisher and give Max a chop out as well.

Still believe that moving him out of the backline several years ago was a big mistake and that he could have been a Glen Jajovich type Key defender :roll:
just does not have the mobility/agility..............closing speed required of a backman.....

Did well there early in career though

saint4life
stinger
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
stinger wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Luckily everthing you write about is all factual. You are such an angry old man. Wouldnt be hard to guess an approximate amount players are on. You probably still think everyone is on 3 pound a game.

.get a life ffs...the angry old man line wears a bit thin..........at least i don't write crap...unlike you, albert ....

and
......i'm still waiting to hear exactly how much kossi is earning you ageist clown.....

stinger
Saintsational Legend

steph wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Bryan Everitt
Blake Griffen
Cloke
Laycock
Pattison
Jamar
Seaby
Warnock
Minson
Taylor

so if kosi signed a new contract, for a lower salary, would that shut people up?

the fact remains steph that t is none of their f****** business what kossi gets paid.......but these keyboard heroes won't accept that now ..will they.....
Last edited by stinger on Wed 10 Sep 2008 9:46pm, edited 1 time in total.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
stinger wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

.get a life ffs...the angry old man line wears a bit thin..........at least i don't write crap...unlike you, albert ....

and
......i'm still waiting to hear exactly how much kossi is earning you ageist clown.....
I think he is on $402103 a year. As for you not writing crap well I didnt know you had such comic talents. When you finally get debarred you will have another job.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Would not love to see Lyon play him 100% in the backline.

We would get pumped.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Who pays Kosi's salary stinger?

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Remember Kosis contract is governed on his market value. Dont fool yourself if you think 15 other teams wouldnt love Kosi in there side.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
stinger wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
stinger wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

and
I think he is on $402103 a year. As for you not writing crap well I didnt know you had such comic talents. When you finally get debarred you will have another job.
inveterate liar too i see.......make it up as we go along do we..???....you really are a clown.....for the record...keep up the ageist sh!t and i might break one of my rules and start on some of your other shortcomings...... :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:Who pays Kosi's salary stinger?
not you or plugger...ffs.......the st kilda football club.....that sort of smart arse comment is the same as some taxpayer telling a public servant that they pay their salary...sounds good...but is pure make believe......

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:Who pays Kosi's salary stinger?
not you or plugger...ffs.......the st kilda football club.....that sort of smart arse comment is the same as some taxpayer telling a public servant that they pay their salary...sounds good...but is pure make believe......
How could I pay I am not even a member.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:Remember Kosis contract is governed on his market value. Dont fool yourself if you think 15 other teams wouldnt love Kosi in there side.
of course they would....full forwards and ruckmen don't grow on trees.....and this guy is expected to do both...at the same time...some posters on here would not know if their arses were on fire......well not until they heard the sires......