OK, we won't win the flag BUT....

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Newman
Club Player

OK, we won't win the flag BUT....

At least coming 4th we got the double chance. At least being 4th meant Robert Harvey will play all his final games in Melb. Better to end your career walking off MCG than AAMI or Sydney Stadium. At least we played Geelong in one final and got a reality check of where we are at. Say we lost to a Hawks or Bulldogs by 5 pts and missed out on a Grand Final ... we'd be saying IF we only beat (Hawks/Dogs) with a bit of luck we could have beaten Geelong. But (sadly) I think most of us know that's a tough ask. And by coming 4th we can't say - if only we had beaten Pies/West Coast we could have come 3rd or 2nd. SURE - I desperately want a flag ... but I'm glad the boys beat Essendon by 100 pts in Round 22. BUT - one thing I desperately want is a final win - and that must happen tonight. (And yes - a flag. But forgive my lack of faith - but I can't see us beating Cats in 2008.)

Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

cant see it either.
but can see us making the grand final.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

It aint over till it's over.....

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
fonz_#15
SS Life Member

saintsRrising wrote:It aint over till it's over.....
believe or burn :wink:

Robert Harvey- Simply the best
St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

ralphysaints35 wrote: but can see us making the grand final.
Same here! Great exit stage for our greatest ever! Short of winning a Premiership it'd be only too fitting! But like every says...it ain't over til it's over! A second shot at the Cats wouldn't produce the same result as last time, and I'm sure the boys would dig as deep as they could and give it a red hot go!

GO SAINTERS!!!

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
matrix
Saintsational Legend

Re: OK, we won't win the flag BUT....

Newman wrote:At least coming 4th we got the double chance. At least being 4th meant Robert Harvey will play all his final games in Melb. Better to end your career walking off MCG than AAMI or Sydney Stadium. At least we played Geelong in one final and got a reality check of where we are at. Say we lost to a Hawks or Bulldogs by 5 pts and missed out on a Grand Final ... we'd be saying IF we only beat (Hawks/Dogs) with a bit of luck we could have beaten Geelong. But (sadly) I think most of us know that's a tough ask. And by coming 4th we can't say - if only we had beaten Pies/West Coast we could have come 3rd or 2nd. SURE - I desperately want a flag ... but I'm glad the boys beat Essendon by 100 pts in Round 22. BUT - one thing I desperately want is a final win - and that must happen tonight. (And yes - a flag. But forgive my lack of faith - but I can't see us beating Cats in 2008.)
please take this in the nicest possible way....

PISS
OFF!...
WE'RE
GOING
ALL
THE
WAY

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

where is it carved in stone the the Cats will make the Granny ? theys gotta play another game befor they get there . in a two horse race anything can happen the doggies will give them a fiar crack next week with not much to lose as everyone has already writen them off to fail all it takes is for the dogs to stay focus and the cats to havee their eye on the next week a bit of luck from the maggots in yellow and bingo all over Geelong ..... not likely to happen but a possibility

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
jonesy
Saintsational Legend

"What is that...the 80's?"

" No that's probably the 70's..."

Bring back the Lockett era
Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

You often see teams set themselves for a big challenge, acheive it against the odds, then have a let down the following week.

I reckon if the doggies could get over Girlong, their opponent in the GF would win. The doggies would have played "their GF" against the cats in PF week and would suffer a bit of a let down the following week.

Now if only we can guarantee we are their opponents in the GF !!! :D :idea: 8-)

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
stinger
Saintsational Legend

yep..... :wink:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

......and it's not over this week either :)

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
happy feet
Club Player

we can beat the pussies

They are a good tough unit but anyone can be beaten. We have come out of that game last week a smarter unit. If they had thrown in the towel we would have lost tonight, just to avoid Geelong. We can do it if we get there. I remember sitting up late watching Jeff "Hit Man" Harding win a world title fight after coming back from insurmountable odds. Ross and the coaching crew did a good job this week getting the boys up to the challenge. Go Saints

Griggsy
SS Life Member

hey geelong have to lose eventually, its just nature, its whether its this season or next is the question

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

I'd still go in thinking we could beat Geelong, regardless of the previous outcome. I honestly hope we take it up to the Hawks and find out first hand who's in the Granny!

St Michele
Club Player

Call me positive but any team can be ebaten and we have shown this year we can beat the odds and come through. There is nothing stopping us winning the Grand final!!!

If they play as well as yesterday, kicking goals instead of points we have an even better change .

Roll on Saturday

Michele