Arrogance and Karma

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

Arrogance and Karma

Was listening to interview on AW before the game of some members of the Collingwood cheersquad and was annoyed but not surprised to hear several talk about when they play Hawthorn next week.

Thought at the time how incredibly arrogant and disrespectful of their immediate opponent...looks like the law of Karma kicked in and they were punished accordingly.

Just hope that Scarlett will pay in a similar way either next week or the week after :x

Never take a backward step even to gain momentum.....

'It's OK to have the capabilities and abilities, but you've got to get it done." Terry Daniher 05

"We have beauty in our captain and we have a true leader in our coach. Our time will come"
Thinline.Post 09 Grand final.
timtam
Club Player

Well said! I was speaking to a Collingwood Supporter on the way out of the ground last night and we were chatting in general about the game and I had said to her that I believed going in that the game could have gone either way and would be too close to call who the winner would be. She told me that she was really confident of winning and was more convinced that they would have lost last week to Adelaide than she was about losing to us last night. They thought they had it 'in the bag'! :lol:

Scarlett has been at it as well according to Acca. This went back to the home and away season when the Bulldogs played Geelong (for anyone that watched - or watched and taped - Before The Game last night will know what I am talking about).

The more arrogant you become, the harder you will fall. You can talk about tactics, players, etc etc until the cows come home and it won't make one bit of difference on the day. If the team has the right mental attitude and give it their all, anyone can win on the day whether that be the 1st or 16th placed team!

I just hope that the boys focus this week and don't get caught up in the hype of the win. I also hope that the media rights us off and pumps up Hawthorn all week. Let them chase the Hawks around and have the choppers flying over their oval. Let us just plod along quietly and do what we have to. This will give us the best chance of proceeding to the next level.......
Last edited by timtam on Sun 14 Sep 2008 1:42pm, edited 1 time in total.

Don't argue with an idiot - people watching may not be able to tell the difference.
ace
Saintsational Legend

Tell me again how the premiership is a cake walk Collywhingers!

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
Russman
Club Player

Loved how they all turned on Joffa and each other after the loss. :lol:

Do , or Do not , There is no try.
JeffDunne

Russman wrote:Loved how they all turned on Joffa and each other after the loss. :lol:
There's another thread there somewhere trying to rationalise a loss with increasing their chances of getting Cousins.

And that thread was started BEFORE the game! :shock:

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

let's not be like them and not think we are a shoe in to make the big dance

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
Voyager
Club Player

A couple of Pies supporters were sitting behind me on the train going to the game last night and they were already talking about the game next week-end against the Hawks, what day and time they would play, etc...Not sure what they're now planning for next week-end though :)

bethb7
Club Player

haha just read the post... I cannot believe how cocky they were! I knew they were pretty confident but geezz.

I loved the look on Joffa's face last night about half way through the 3rd quater absolute GOLD!

If you can't give the commitment you gave this year and you don't want to improve, you can go because we have unfinished business-Ross Lyon
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Last edited by The Fireman on Sun 14 Sep 2008 3:40pm, edited 2 times in total.

StSteven
Club Player

If I recall I have seen chatter here about the Granny, getting tickets etc.

However being arrogant about winning by fans has NO EFFECT on the result, and by the players it is irrelevent also. Ask Mahommed Ali!

As for Acker....whew what a windbag. Belives anybody that can run faster than him is on drugs.

The Cats will smash them next week but I bet they don't respond to WB's goading until they run out Friday night. Can't wait for the weekend to get here.

We will beat Hawthorn........(arrogant?)

4ever_saint
Club Player

there was nothing better than the fan reaction from the wing when the collingwood supporters started to file out. if anyone from this forum was involved in the mass waving off the collingwood supporters, i highly commend you ;) definately added to the incredible atmosphere at the game :D

talking to some collingwood supporters before the game, they were 100% positive they were going to win. i even had melbourne supporters telling me that collingwood were guarenteed a win yesterday :lol:

extremely glad the boys stood up :)

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

OT, but similiar .They were talking on TFS today on how Hawthorn gets less time to prepare for the GF compared to the Cats.

Looks as though the Dogs and Saints might as well not even turn up next week :roll:

Nobody gives us a chance and nobody gives the Dogs a chance. I expect that from supporters but from supposed "experts"?

Very strange.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
timtam
Club Player

StSteven wrote:If I recall I have seen chatter here about the Granny, getting tickets etc.

However being arrogant about winning by fans has NO EFFECT on the result, and by the players it is irrelevent also. Ask Mahommed Ali!

As for Acker....whew what a windbag. Belives anybody that can run faster than him is on drugs.

The Cats will smash them next week but I bet they don't respond to WB's goading until they run out Friday night. Can't wait for the weekend to get here.

We will beat Hawthorn........(arrogant?)
There is a HUGE difference between arrogance and self belief. Arrogance will always cause your downfall (maybe not immediately but Karma ALWAYS catches up with you). Self belief can make your dreams come true!

I also beg to differ that arrogance doesn't make a difference to a performance or an outcome. Just ask Collingwood (and their supporters.... :lol:) how arrogance worked for them last night?

Self belief is the key and humility also goes a long way.......Just ask our very own Saint Harvey.

Don't argue with an idiot - people watching may not be able to tell the difference.
StSteven
Club Player

He is ARROGANT, I have self-belief!!!!!

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Most Pies around me left at 3 quarter time.

The rest left 5 minutes into the last.

Sign of weakness, supporters not staying till the end, especially in a final.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
milney044
Club Player

The fact that they left early really shows how pathetic that scum is. Honestly i know their team didn't give them much, but it was the last game of a season and Shane Wakelin's last ever. Poor form in my opinion. We were absolutely smacked last week but that didn't stop me from sticking around til the end.
Nevertheless the fact that they did leave gave me great pleasure as we were all able to wave them off. I'll never forget last night. What a feeling.
Go Sainters.

Destiny. It's in our hands.

Harder. Better. Faster. Stronger.
TimeToShineFellas
SS Hall of Fame

joffaboy wrote:Nobody gives us a chance and nobody gives the Dogs a chance. I expect that from supporters but from supposed "experts"
And nobody gave us a chance in the '97 Prelim either!

starsign
Club Player

I don't know why Maxwell didn't play on NR all night, he killed him in the last 10 mins.

I loved this great piece of post-game insight.....LOL!

you don't need anything more than room temperature IQ to follow the filth

How sweet it is!

oh when
Club Player

Side by side they left together .......early.

Saint_Gooner
Club Player

4ever_saint wrote:there was nothing better than the fan reaction from the wing when the collingwood supporters started to file out. if anyone from this forum was involved in the mass waving off the collingwood supporters, i highly commend you ;) definately added to the incredible atmosphere at the game :D

talking to some collingwood supporters before the game, they were 100% positive they were going to win. i even had melbourne supporters telling me that collingwood were guarenteed a win yesterday :lol:

extremely glad the boys stood up :)
Almost all Saints in that area waving them off as they filed out was brilliant! Enjoyed that so much...

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Just a few other gems from that Forum...
History has shown, Joffa IS the Kiss Of Death.
STFU and pass the jacket on.
No But it Sh!t's Me when Joffa comes on Here and Put's Stupid Predictions like this up

I
am a huge Malthouse fan but he was outcoached so emphatically last night that I stuggle to believe he wanted to win that game.
If you are so special to hang back and cheer a losing team off good luck to you.
For some people leaving saves them from starting fights, i know the guy I go to the footy with struggles to control his anger when we lose.
Lovin' it!!!!!

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
TimeToShineFellas
SS Hall of Fame

saint66au wrote:am a huge Malthouse fan but he was outcoached so emphatically last night that I stuggle to believe he wanted to win that game.
Love the fact RL is now getting the credit for out-coaching opposition teams and getting recognised for it!

stinger
Saintsational Legend

i really couldn't understand the extent the filth were being pumped up...they were a bunch of kids ffs........never really stood a chance.....and yet the experts were saying that the filth's 22 players were better than ours...now that proved to be correct didn't it????

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
saintbart
Club Player

Better late than never....