How much would you pay?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Batnoe

How much would you pay?

I am interested in knowing how much you would pay for a grand final ticket assuming we made it?

what would your limit be?

I think i would be willing to pay 2 grand for plane trips, accomodation and a ticket to the ground

what would you pay if it meant you would be guaranteed a spot at the ground in the Grand final?

Batnoe

on second thoughts.... i would pay whatever it cost me, but i would try and set a limit of 2 grand

BonoRocks
Club Player

Re: How much would you pay?

Batnoe wrote:I am interested in knowing how much you would pay for a grand final ticket assuming we made it?

what would your limit be?

I think i would be willing to pay 2 grand for plane trips, accomodation and a ticket to the ground

what would you pay if it meant you would be guaranteed a spot at the ground in the Grand final?
whatever it cost per year for 2 x 16 game reserved seat lvl 1 social club memberships when only one ticket for 99% of the games is used,

Have a social club membership to guarantee a grand final ticket should we make it

so about a grand a year for my tickets, multiply how ever many years till we make a grand final, so far 11 and so on for the rest of my life anyway.

Something ill never ever run the risk of not being able to get my hands on, no matter the cost.

All i want to see is one win in my lifetime and i would be happy.. Many more would be out of this world.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

no more than 3 grand i reckon Batnoe, and that would have to include airfare, a room, a footy record and a dozen beers.

once it went over that price id just go to where ever everyone in melb was watching it and be with other saints peeps and have a bbq and a few ales

Batnoe

I am a social member so i dont have to look at spending that money, but i am intersted in knowing how die hard us saints are and even if you dont have the money how much you would find to be able to go

Carn saints

matrix
Saintsational Legend

lets just say im broke
have $1300 worth of bills roughly due from now till next week
and i have $1000 for another fortnite

still have this weeks plane and room to book.

ill be there next week...somehow

Batnoe

matrixcutter wrote:no more than 3 grand i reckon Batnoe, and that would have to include airfare, a room, a footy record and a dozen beers.

once it went over that price id just go to where ever everyone in melb was watching it and be with other saints peeps and have a bbq and a few ales

only a dozen?

My problem is, i would have too many i probably wouldnt remember the game

I have a mate who is a tigers fan and he came to saints vs carlton with me, he said it was the first time he had been drunk at the footy as he doesnt drink watching the tigers or he may miss something ( not much happens with them i guess) So he let go and got pissed with me and abbused the Blues fans and didnt care how drunk he got

I would now have to think... would i soak up the atmosphere and not drink, or have 12 beers and get blind and have the best day of my life?!!

Hard decision

matrix
Saintsational Legend

im all about timing......
8 -12 during the game
another half dozen afterwards
bed
wake up
call into work sick
back down he pub with the scarf and top on

n1ck
Saintsational Legend

Drink after the game.

Might have a beer during, but wouldnt get smashed until after.

Id pay whatever was in my bank account for a ticket, so assuming id have booked my ticket overseas by then, id have about $1600.

HarveysDeciple

n1ck wrote:Drink after the game.

Might have a beer during, but wouldnt get smashed until after.

Id pay whatever was in my bank account for a ticket, so assuming id have booked my ticket overseas by then, id have about $1600.
wondering how smashed I'd get lol... I'd be drunk off the win.

LENNY LEADS THE WAY
Club Player

U'd pay whatever u had in the bank lets face it we all love the saints and u do whatever it takes to get there given u have the finances.

This week i'm heading over flights cost $300 return that's not to shabby with late bookings. Ticket to the game cost $100 but hey it's a prime seat and coz there was pretty much no accomodation available in melbourne i have to stay at crown for $260 a night so all up it's cost me $660 already but i wouldn't wanna spend my money on anything else.

GO THE MIGHTY SAINTS

eastern if ur reading this track me down and i'll buy u a beer

100 percent behind the saints 100 percent of the time
n1ck
Saintsational Legend

LLTW you can buy me a beer?

LENNY LEADS THE WAY
Club Player

n1ck wrote:LLTW you can buy me a beer?
No worries nick i'm going over by myself so i'm looking to buy some friends from here haha

100 percent behind the saints 100 percent of the time
bigmicka
Club Player

I paid $270 last time. Which was 3/4's of my weekly wage then.

Wouldn't pay more than $1000 this time. I am not going if we make it anyway, my middle name is Jinxy.

mic

No one ever built a statue for a critic.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

$80 as an AFL member thats what it costs otherwise a ticket in the MCC members at full price.

St Chris
SS Hall of Fame

My brother (bombers fan) has a mate who works at another AFL club (already knocked out) and has already set him up with 2 tickets for next week - I've put in an opening bid of $500 each if we make it, but he'll make me sweat and squeeze every cent out of me.

Muir_32
Club Player

I think I would pay about $600 for a standing ticket. I paid $300 for a standing ticket in 1997 off a bloke at Flinders St. Station. He had heaps. Saw him flogging off tickets in Sydney, on the news, for the NRL final the same year...

mick13
Club Player

My bank account (~$1000)

Winmar7Fan
Club Player

Does the value have any difference depending on who we're playing?

Would you be prepared to pay more if we we're playing the Bulldogs with a lot higher chance of seeing us in a winning Grand Final as opposed to playing Geelong with a very likely chance of watching us lose?

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:$80 as an AFL member thats what it costs otherwise a ticket in the MCC members at full price.
huh?

What are you on nowadays plugger?

If you're an MCC member you pay your 540 shmakkeroonies a year and get in without an extra charge, unless you pay another 25 bucks for a reserved seat in the ballot (which is what I scored).

Winmar7Fan
Club Player

matrixcutter wrote:no more than 3 grand i reckon Batnoe, and that would have to include airfare, a room, a footy record and a dozen beers.

Gee for that you'd want Jennifer Hawkins to come with the room wouldn't you?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
plugger66 wrote:$80 as an AFL member thats what it costs otherwise a ticket in the MCC members at full price.
huh?

What are you on nowadays plugger?

If you're an MCC member you pay your 540 shmakkeroonies a year and get in without an extra charge, unless you pay another 25 bucks for a reserved seat in the ballot (which is what I scored).
I can get a ticket through a mate at the MCG but I have to pay full price. As they say it isnt what you know but who you know.

oh when
Club Player

I've missed one gf, 1993, since 1971 - until I became a AFL full member where I can always get a ticket, I have been to two North Melb breakfasts which get you a gf ticket, cost about $1,000. And they say you can't scalp tickets. If you are looking for tickets - check out other club's breakfasts.

megs4#31
Club Player

i'm paying whatever for my ticket cos hopefully its guaranteed! my expensive part is booking flights from paraburdoo. i've got enough frequent flyers to get two of my 4 flights. it'll end up probably costing me nearly a grand plus a few days off (thank god WA have the monday off to recoop)

*fingers crossed peoples!*

Go saints, 2009 is our year!
your momma
Club Player

i wouldnt have much to give for i have saved it for a 24 hour party bomb dedicated to our premiership.

"Im never satisfied...its a curse"