Bateman Croad Buddy

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

ytw
Club Player

Bateman Croad Buddy

announced on SEN that all three players didn't train. however hawthorn remain optimistic that bateman and croad will still play.

dont know anything about buddy but im sure he was just resting.

meanwhile, lyon said today that he is remaining optimistic about ball. he trained fully today, where he no doubt had to have a fitness test.

it will be interesting who is named in the teams tnogiht. but im expecting some late changes just before the match anyway.

Persuader
Club Player

Heard that Ball's looking good to play.

Founding member of the Jason Blake Appreciation Society
Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

All three will play you would imagine, simply mind games... but jeez it would be great if they didn't :twisted: :twisted:

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

buddy will play, so will chance...a rolled ankle is not going to keep him out of a prelim

corad is an interesting one although he will not decide the contest as either rooey or kosi have him covered whether roo runs him around or kosi outmarks him

croad is a bit of a nothing player really

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
d roit
Club Player

yeah you would have to say that bateman is a sure thing. whether or not he rolled it badly, he would pull up fine by saturday night. worse comes to worse a few jabs would not be unheard of in a preliminary final.

Croad on the other hand SP2008 is a something player... If he doesnt play Hawthorns already questionable backline will come under some serious stress. With Riewoldt leading into space, plus Kosi Milne and Shnids in the mix we will see Hodge struggling to play that zone-off and mark type roll he has fulfilled so well this year.

Croad is definitely a major factor in our chances at winning on Sunday night.

Winmar7Fan
Club Player

Saints Premiers 2008 wrote:buddy will play, so will chance...a rolled ankle is not going to keep him out of a prelim

corad is an interesting one although he will not decide the contest as either rooey or kosi have him covered whether roo runs him around or kosi outmarks him

croad is a bit of a nothing player really
May still be able to play but i wonder if it will affect his game as you know a player like him who relies on his full speed only has to lose a touch to make a big difference.

RedWhiteBlack
Club Player

d roit wrote:Croad is definitely a major factor in our chances at winning on Sunday night.
I suggest you arrive at the MCG approx. 24 hours earlier than stated in this post!

n1ck
Saintsational Legend

One of the radio stations was saying Bateman may hve done some ligament damage to the ankle. If that is true, wont be lining up on Saturday.

kp83
Club Player

n1ck wrote:One of the radio stations was saying Bateman may hve done some ligament damage to the ankle. If that is true, wont be lining up on Saturday.
Depends how bad the damage was. If it was only a grade 1 tear to the ligament, then he will play.

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

My tip is that neither Bateman nor Croad will play. Rolled ankles can be 7 days things but not five day things and stress fractures? Well, ask Sam Fisher or Matt Maguire.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

perfectionist wrote:My tip is that neither Bateman nor Croad will play. Rolled ankles can be 7 days things but not five day things and stress fractures? Well, ask Sam Fisher or Matt Maguire.
Reckon Bateman is a certainty but Croad must be very doubtful. Gilham will come in for him.

kp83
Club Player

perfectionist wrote:My tip is that neither Bateman nor Croad will play. Rolled ankles can be 7 days things but not five day things and stress fractures? Well, ask Sam Fisher or Matt Maguire.
I hope they both do play...teams with underdone players seem to get found out in prelims as I recall.

Buckets
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:
Reckon Bateman is a certainty but Croad must be very doubtful. Gilham will come in for him.
That would be the best tip. With Gilham being an emergency! They also have two mids as back up so could be interesting come saturday night!

Thats Mr. Smartarse to you
TriColourDisciple
Club Player

Why would Buddy be resting? He had last weekend off

Proudly Brainwashed since 1972
BakesFan
SS Life Member

TriColourDisciple wrote:Why would Buddy be resting? He had last weekend off
Either hungover, or coming down from something. :wink:

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.(Eleanor Roosevelt)
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Bateman is a superb runner whose athleticism and mobility is his biggest asset (hair aside). If he is hampered in any way, it can only be good for us if he plays. I suspect they won't play him.

Croad won't play. The last thing they need against us is a hobbled backman. Gilham is named as an emergency. He'll come in instead.

I must echo the above question re Franklin...Why rest a player who's been resting for 15 days? Seems odd, but I presume they've got their reasons.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:I must echo the above question re Franklin...Why rest a player who's been resting for 15 days? Seems odd, but I presume they've got their reasons.
Meh...who'd read anything into that? It wouldn't be disciplanry...he was cleared of any silly business over last weekend 'carjacking' via an internal investigation.

Besides that, they'd play him if he only had one leg...no doubt a rest for effect. Given Bateman rolled his ankle at training, maybe not a bad insurance policy for the Hawks!

BelfastSaint
Club Player

degruch wrote:
Thinline wrote:I must echo the above question re Franklin...Why rest a player who's been resting for 15 days? Seems odd, but I presume they've got their reasons.
Meh...who'd read anything into that? It wouldn't be disciplanry...he was cleared of any silly business over last weekend 'carjacking' via an internal investigation.

Besides that, they'd play him if he only had one leg...no doubt a rest for effect. Given Bateman rolled his ankle at training, maybe not a bad insurance policy for the Hawks!
A caller rang SEN yesterday and said a high profile Hawk would not be playing due to the 3 strike rule ...
Mind you SEN callers are about as reliable as posters on Big Footy ..

rexy
SS Life Member

BelfastSaint wrote:A caller rang SEN yesterday and said a high profile Hawk would not be playing due to the 3 strike rule ...
Mind you SEN callers are about as reliable as posters on Big Footy ..
I hope for his case this is not true, I also hope for the good of footy that this is not true. Rumors on SEN are not the best source I agree.

But can you imagine the fallout if this is true. It would be like Wayne Carey and Ben Cousins combined.

Maybe this year?
perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

If it was true, we would already know about it. Not something the club would keep quiet before the game, think Collingwood. In any event, weak Hawthorn will give him a hundred strikes, before they think about giving him another hundred.

BakesFan
SS Life Member

perfectionist wrote:If it was true, we would already know about it. Not something the club would keep quiet before the game, think Collingwood. In any event, weak Hawthorn will give him a hundred strikes, before they think about giving him another hundred.
If it's true the Hawks would get no say. The AFL would stand him down.

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.(Eleanor Roosevelt)
perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

BakesFan wrote:
perfectionist wrote:If it was true, we would already know about it. Not something the club would keep quiet before the game, think Collingwood. In any event, weak Hawthorn will give him a hundred strikes, before they think about giving him another hundred.
If it's true the Hawks would get no say. The AFL would stand him down.
So it would be off to court then!

degruch
Saintsational Legend

True. Also, who says it's Buddy? There's plenty of 'high profile' players at Hawthorn...maybe Croad's failed 3 fitness tests and his selection for the team is a ducks and drakes excercise (well, it is anyway...doubt he'll play)???

Beno88
SS Hall of Fame

Apparently Croad and Bateman both trained this morning.

saintly
Saintsational Legend

BakesFan wrote:
TriColourDisciple wrote:Why would Buddy be resting? He had last weekend off
Either hungover, or coming down from something. :wink:
or took something! :shock: