I'm not ashamed to admit

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saint_mite
SS Hall of Fame

I'm not ashamed to admit

I cried :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Another thread for the great man, because 2, 3, 4... simply isn't enough. Never has been. never will.

I was trying to work out, before the siren blew, if I was more upset about losing or about never seeing Robert Harvey play another game for St Kilda again... and echoing what many supporters on here have trouble dealing with, never seeing a saints side without him... well when the siren went it all came a flowing.

if, when, we ever make a grand final, and in a miracle, win it, I hope the boys are selfess enough to give up their medal's in a display of respect... and of owing... I don't think words alone can express what dignity, what soul, what depth... heart he has given to this club. I hope we can one day repay his faith in us.

so cheers to Robert Harvey, I hope to see him bless our club with his presence in the future... I must admit, I can't see him as a coach, but maybe as a mentor... and you know you can't stop, maybe even a runner ;) :cry: :cry:

Solar
Saintsational Legend

did anyone notice when the harvey chant went up that harvey's shoulders dropped, he must have known that the career was over.

Tried not to but couldn't help but cry.

I feel more gutted because it was harvey's last game

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
SENsei
Saintsational Legend

Unfortunately last games rarely pan out as we hope.

Firstly, kudos to Hawthorn and their supporters. That ovation from the entire ground was magnificent.

To Robert Harvey, what more can we say? Legend.

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

likewise... felt so alone balling my eyes our in brissy

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
saint_mite
SS Hall of Fame

p.s. would anyone happen to have a copy of the speech the guy from saints radio made about robert harvey a few years back?

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
VietNam_Saint
Club Player

Easy one for me , was more gutted that we'll never see him in our side again. :(

Cried last night and still breaking down this morning.

Was so glad i came to Oz and was at his last 5 games . A memory i will always have and cherish.

What a legend.

Agreed , the Hawkers were terrific about it . I was out last night in my Harvey shirt and had a lot of people shake my hand and comment about the great man.

that shirt is now going "Straight to the pool room" .

What will be next from this club ?
Saint-Nick
Club Player

I came on here this morning, with the intention of posting a thread called "Did You Cry?"

I cried last night. Got myself together and then when he had finished his talk in the locker rooms and started to cry, I cried again. I woke up this morning and cried again.

Not because we lost, but because the man so deserving of winning the flag for the Saints will never do so.

When I read these posts, I'm crying again. I really thought we could do it for him.

I feel bad for hoping that we don't win next year. That would rip his guts out.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
________
HONDA CHF50 HISTORY
Last edited by Saint-Nick on Sun 27 Feb 2011 9:39am, edited 1 time in total.

megs4#31
Club Player

i was at a party last night getting drunk. As soon as i saw the guard of honour i rang my friend who went to the game burst into tears and cried for about half an hour. Why does a football team make me this emotional!

Go saints, 2009 is our year!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Saint-Nick wrote:I came on here this morning, with the intention of posting a thread called "Did You Cry?"

I cried last night. Got myself together and then when he had finished his talk in the locker rooms and started to cry, I cried again. I woke up this morning and cried again.

Not because we lost, but because the man so deserving of winning the flag for the Saints will never do so.

When I read these posts, I'm crying again. I really thought we could do it for him.

I feel bad for hoping that we don't win next year. That would rip his guts out.

So you actually dont want to win it next year because it will upset Harvs. What is becoming of Saints supporters.

Saint-Nick
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
Saint-Nick wrote:I feel bad for hoping that we don't win next year. That would rip his guts out.

So you actually dont want to win it next year because it will upset Harvs. What is becoming of Saints supporters.
What's becoming of us? I'll let you in on a little saying you may have noticed around here: Fortius Quo Fidelius - Strength Through Fidelity. If anyone demonstrates fidelity to the Saints, it's Harvey.

It's the morning after, Plugger. If you don't get it, you never will.
________
HAWAII MEDICAL MARIJUANA DISPENSARIES

Saint-Nick
Club Player

megs4#31 wrote:Why does a football team make me this emotional!
My Hawks-supporting husband was a little taken back by my tears. While laughing, he tried to console me, by saying "It's just a game."

To break the tension, I replied (singing the tune) "It's MORE than a GAAAAAAAAAAAME!"

It's not ust a game/football team, Megs. It's the end of an era.
________
Ford Torino Engine Specifications

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Saint-Nick wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Saint-Nick wrote:I feel bad for hoping that we don't win next year. That would rip his guts out.

What's becoming of us? I'll let you in on a little saying you may have noticed around here: Fortius Quo Fidelius - Strength Through Fidelity. If anyone demonstrates fidelity to the Saints, it's Harvey.

It's the morning after, Plugger. If you don't get it, you never will.
So you dont want to win the flag next year? When is it ok to win? Afterall we have been good enough to pick and choose over a 111 years. You are right on one thing though I dont get it.

Saint-Nick
Club Player

Alright Plugger - if you insist -

Of COURSE I want the Saints to win next year. But a part of me would be gutted that Harvey wasn't there with them.

I guess some people react differently to a sad time. I cry. You... do whatever you're doing.
________
New mexico dispensary

carnasaints55
Club Player

bawled my eyes out as well. have done so many times over the past few hours. harves is just so great.

roo=god
megs4#31
Club Player

Saint-Nick wrote:
megs4#31 wrote:Why does a football team make me this emotional!
My Hawks-supporting husband was a little taken back by my tears. While laughing, he tried to console me, by saying "It's just a game."

To break the tension, I replied (singing the tune) "It's MORE than a GAAAAAAAAAAAME!"

It's not ust a game/football team, Megs. It's the end of an era.
Definitely agree with you on that one. I had the same line from my man saying why are you getting upset for. Nobody but saints supporters understand what heartache we go thru. I thought in my heart and head that they would actually win it 4 him. Harves deserved to get that medal and i hope those boys carry that with them. It's going to be so hard not to see him put on the red,white and black next year.

Go saints, 2009 is our year!
Voyager
Club Player

Tears last night at the end of the game, couldn't and still cannot realise that it's over for the Great Man...Have shed a few tears watching the tribute online (thank to those who posted these) in the last few weeks...our eyes will always become wet each time we see our No 35 anywhere, in any tribute, in any picture, anywhere, wearing the St Kilda colours...there is a feeling of emptyness at the moment, will it last? I dunno...time will tell.

See you around Harvs, You Legend!!

Saint-Nick
Club Player

I had a weird kind of reaction to the boys carrying him out on their shoulders, like it was a funeral and they were the pallbearers. It wasn't a celebration at that point, it was a commemoration.

I watched Harvey leave the green and thought, "That's the last time I'll see him on the green." Then he came back for a few moments and left again.

This morning, it does feel like a death to me. I wonder what he's doing this morning and hope he's being celebrated at a great Sunday brunch somewhere. As hard as it is for us, it must be 1000 times worse for him.

The best thing we could see is him enjoying himself, celebrating his career, in the presence of people who love him. I think that would take a lot of the pain away.

If I was Queen of the World, I would have a massive party for him at the Telstra Dome. That would be awesome.

~~~

:!: PS: How many people watched the show on 10, right after the footy? I was so emotional, I couldn't believe I was seeing shots fired at Moorabbin. Turned my stomach.
________
HOME MADE VAPORIZER
Last edited by Saint-Nick on Sun 27 Feb 2011 9:40am, edited 1 time in total.

Saint Bev
SS Life Member

I'm hopeless when it comes to the footy, I cry when we win and I cry when we loose, well, not all the time, just special games. But last night is the most I've cried since 97. To top it off when I went to bed, hubbie who had gone to bed a few hours before me (not addicted to Saintsational like me) was talking in his sleep, doesnt do that very often. But he just kept saying miss, miss, miss. Set me off again, no prizes for guessing what he was dreaming about. :cry:

Qld Saints Supporter Group
dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

i cried as did my dad and sister
seeing him carried off by maxy and lenny- the right guyts to do so- realising we'd never see him on a footy field again and that his dream would go unfulfilled ripped your heart into pieces.
THERE'S NO GOD BECAUSE IF THERE WAS ROBERTH HARVEY WOULD HAVE A PREMIERSHIP MEDALLION

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
Buckets
SS Life Member

I'll freely admit it, i had a tear in my eye! And i'm not ashamed of it!

Thats Mr. Smartarse to you
matrix
Saintsational Legend

<<cried....

ScubaSam44
Club Player

I had already started crying early into the 4th quater, just seeing him look up to the score board, he knew it was all over, he just wanted that siren to go.

my dad has idolised harvey & he's never the one to cry (as ive never seen him cry, in my intire life) , he just bottles it up inside & moves on, tries to tough it out, but he had a few tears in his eyes as they chaired him off the ground for the last time.

im guessing that the majority of saints fans would of had a bit of a cry last night, if not............. theres something wrong with you. :P

Theres no substitute for hardwork- Robert Harvey.
SaintWodonga
Club Player

A very sad moment indeed. If we lost by 2-3 goals, you'd hang your head high. But to loose it in such a fashion in the great man's final match is a disgrace.

Tony Lockett kicks 10 goals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v4ZQJHjlvM
stinger
Saintsational Legend

SaintWodonga wrote:A very sad moment indeed. If we lost by 2-3 goals, you'd hang your head high. But to loose it in such a fashion in the great man's final match is a disgrace.
yep.....not many can hold their heads high....bj...maxie, fisher....roo,,,,,run out after that....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.