Moving on

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Moving on

This morning I've trawled through some serious crap on the site.

A well rested second placed team coming of 15 days break beat a distant but tenacious fourth placegetter with only 6 days rest.

Disappointing, yes. Surprising? Absolutely not.

We have a list that is still evolving (development of Jones, R Clarke and Gilbert, Eddy, Armitage perfect examples). We have much to look forward to.

Get over it, people. Move on and look forward to 2009.

We also have some terrific talent in the prime of their footballing lives.

Now is not the time for sinking the boot into our list. Now is the time for nurturing our heart and soul (Kosi and Dal Santo included) and supplementing what we have with the best we can get from elsewhere.

Now is also the time for celebrating the end of a fantastic career and the fact that it's end will bring the dawn of a new one. And now is the time for celebrating the fact that we've had a pretty good year and that we know we can win games when Riewoldt, X Clarke, Ball, Baker and Maguire are either carrying injuries or out completely.

I for one am proud of our efforts. I for one look forward to the next one.

And those of you who jump on here like yellow little shirkers simply to knife your own - you are the worst kind of pathetic.

Scoop
Club Player

Re: Moving on

Thinline wrote:This morning I've trawled through some serious crap on the site.

A well rested second placed team coming of 15 days break beat a distant but tenacious fourth placegetter with only 6 days rest.

We have a list that is still evolving (development of Jones, R Clarke and Gilbert, Eddy, Armitage perfect examples). We have much to look forward to.

Now is not the time for sinking the boot into our list. Now is the time for nurturing our heart and soul (Kosi and Dal Santo included) and supplementing what we have with the best we can get from elsewhere.

Now is also the time for celebrating the end of a fantastic career and the fact that it's end will bring the dawn of a new one. And now is the time for celebrating the fact that we've had a pretty good year and that we know we can win games when Riewoldt, X Clarke, Ball, Baker and Maguire are either carrying injuries or out completely.

And those of you who jump on here like yellow little shirkers simply to knife your own - you are the worst kind of pathetic.
Someone talking some sense.....can't have that!! :wink:

Very well put.

Extra! Extra! Read all about it......no I don't want to read about it anymore!!!
matrix
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:
i will......when im god damn good and ready :twisted:

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

thank you;

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

The above sentiment doesn't exclude the fact the list needs tweaking,no one from here will be involved in that so it will be interesting to sit back and watch what Ross does to improve on the teams flaws.....

Some people need to remember that is a forum for folk to air their views,it's what makes it interesting,it doesn't have to be precious....

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

bobmurray wrote:

The above sentiment doesn't exclude the fact the list needs tweaking,no one from here will be involved in that so it will be interesting to sit back and watch what Ross does to improve on the teams flaws.....

Some people need to remember that is a forum for folk to air their views,it's what makes it interesting,it doesn't have to be precious....

exactly. Whilst I agree with the OP and the Saints have finished about where they should this year, the OP also has the whiff of the opinion police about it.
Some players deserve to have their contributions closely looked at. Agree that there's no point scapegoating for any particular game, but some players, including Kosi and Dal need to have a long hard look at their consistent failure to deliver in high pressure physically tough situations.
Honest and hard-nosed assessment of players' efforts and loving and supporting the Saints are not mutually exclusive as Thinline's OP would seem to suggest.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Of course the list and performances will be looked at. That is a given.

But personal abuse and mean-spirited barking is not helpful nor warranted.

Opinion is one thing. Ill-informed ranting about who should be traded for what is for fools.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:Of course the list and performances will be looked at. That is a given.

But personal abuse and mean-spirited barking is not helpful nor warranted.

Opinion is one thing. Ill-informed ranting about who should be traded for what is for fools.
and that is where one man's informed opinion is another man's pea-brained rant.

bethb7
Club Player

Was disapointing last night, but I'm still proud that the boys got as far as they did it has been a good season in my books. Saddest part of the night was seeing Harvs go off that was the only time I cried for the night.

If you can't give the commitment you gave this year and you don't want to improve, you can go because we have unfinished business-Ross Lyon