Duffle Coats

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

esaint66
SS Life Member

Duffle Coats

I was doing some Spring cleaning to earn a bit of money and i was cleaning out my dad's old boxes of stuff from years agao and i came across his old Fitzroy memorabilia :x and i saw his Duffle Coat. My father said if i had chosen the Lions the Coat would have been mine and i added i would also be very miserable :lol: :wink:

Seeing as it is the Off season and there isn't much else to talk about except proposed signings, What did everyone have on their Duffle coats??

esaint66
SS Life Member

If anyone has any pictures of theirs if they still have them that would be very interesting and much apprieciated.

GrumpyOne

Re: Duffle Coats

saint edward wrote:I was doing some Spring cleaning to earn a bit of money and i was cleaning out my dad's old boxes of stuff from years agao and i came across his old Fitzroy memorabilia :x and i saw his Duffle Coat. My father said if i had chosen the Lions the Coat would have been mine and i added i would also be very miserable :lol: :wink:

Seeing as it is the Off season and there isn't much else to talk about except proposed signings, What did everyone have on their Duffle coats??
It would break your Dad's heart, (in addition to you choosing the Saints to barrack for), but Fitzroy memorabilia has good sale value on ebay.

Saint Bev
SS Life Member

Ha ha, what a memory. I never had one, just want to clear that first :wink: apart from badges, people use to sew players names on the sleeves, they also did that to gernseys, whick is what I did.

Qld Saints Supporter Group
esaint66
SS Life Member

Re: Duffle Coats

GrumpyOne wrote:
saint edward wrote:I was doing some Spring cleaning to earn a bit of money and i was cleaning out my dad's old boxes of stuff from years agao and i came across his old Fitzroy memorabilia :x and i saw his Duffle Coat. My father said if i had chosen the Lions the Coat would have been mine and i added i would also be very miserable :lol: :wink:

It would break your Dad's heart, (in addition to you choosing the Saints to barrack for), but Fitzroy memorabilia has good sale value on ebay.

He has a whole box of Fitzroy stuff so we will go through it and sell some stuff and keep some others. He has stuff from the 60's through to 1996.

BringBackMadDog
Club Player

On the back I had:
Doug
Cox

sleeves had all the players names sewed on it plus an assortment of club emblems. Front had player badges. I lived and died in my duffle coat!!! God knows what happened to it

esaint66
SS Life Member

BringBackMadDog wrote:God knows what happened to it

Isn't that always the case :(

degruch
Saintsational Legend

Saints VFL badge on the front, '2' for Gary Sidebottom on the back.

cowboy18
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:Saints VFL badge on the front, '2' for Gary Sidebottom on the back.

I had a Gary Sidebottom one too! And a flag with a big 2 pasted on the white bit.

golden hawk
Club Player

they sell them at the hawks i am sure they would have one for the saints looked good but the sizes are not what they used to be

your friendly neighbourhood hawk
Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

I have just got my duffle coat out again, my 16 yr old son laughed

I have Trevor
Barker

Smaller lettters I have Doug Cox and Mark Scott. Also have all heaps of names on the sleeve including, Jeff Sarau , Jezza and heaps of others. On the front i have many picture badges as well as I hate Essendon and carlton badges, not much space left on it.

HardSaint
Saintsational Legend

Haha - saw my old one at the folks place still hanging in my old wardrobe
Had Jeff 8 Dunne large on the back and Grant 18 Thomas down the side with Simon 28 Meehan down the other.

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

HardSaint wrote:Haha - saw my old one at the folks place still hanging in my old wardrobe
Had Jeff 8 Dunne large on the back and Grant 18 Thomas down the side with Simon 28 Meehan down the other.
One of the picture badges i had was off Jeff Dunne, and thats a great beard he had

HardSaint
Saintsational Legend

jeez, showing our age now aren't we?

HardSaint
Saintsational Legend

Mine's go both the pin on picture badges (with the red white black stripes) and the sew on picture badges. I've got Joffa Cunningham, Barks, and Jeff Dunne (with signatures under the grime) sew ons.

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

HardSaint wrote:jeez, showing our age now aren't we?
yep, i confess, am over the hill

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

I have a mixture of ser on and pin on picture badges, several name tags inluding dean Herbert who I cant really remember. I have the old sew on club emblem badges which are as old as the hills (or me)
Have got Jeff Dunne name on the front, and Joffa under neaf trevor 1 Barker
I must have been a bit keen

esaint66
SS Life Member

STILLWAITING wrote:several name tags inluding dean Herbert who I cant really remember.

Dean Herbert was a ruckman recruited from Sandringham.
Pretty sure he had a mo as well.

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

It also has Jim Odea and Barry Breen name patch's on it

esaint66
SS Life Member

STILLWAITING wrote:It also has Jim Odea and Barry Breen name patch's on it

You should take a picture of it and post it up here, the jacket sounds good.

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

I might do that, if you can tell me how

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

WTF is a duffle coat.... :shock:

esaint66
SS Life Member

STILLWAITING wrote:I might do that, if you can tell me how

Ok well ... Do you have a Digital Camera ?? If not don't bother reading on.

Ok well you take a picture of the item and then you plug the connection cord into the camera nad the USB drive on your computer and open the Camera function then you can load the pictures onto your computer.

When you have saved the picture into one of your files then open up and excisting account or create a new account on Photobucket or another photo sharing site. Once you have uploaded the picture onto the site then find the direct link and come here and make a new post and add and add the link in between the 2 image boxes.

Or if that is too confusing you can just upload the picture and PM it to me.
Hope that helps.

esaint66
SS Life Member

Spinner wrote:WTF is a duffle coat.... :shock:

Well they were jackets that usaually went down below your knees and didn't have buttons they had little pegs and a rope to keep the 2 sides together.

They were usually worn by the younger fans in the 60's 70's and early 80's they went out when the seating stadiums came in as they were/are very hard to sit down in.

They were forms of Shrines to the wearers club with badges, patches and names and numbers takeing up every spare space on any part of the jacket.

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

I do have the digital camera. I will have a crack at your instructions, better yet I wll get my 12 yr old to do it