Pre Season draft more likely

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

older saint
SS Life Member

Pre Season draft more likely

With the way the system works i would think STK will get Cousins in pre season draft, unless he is able to convince Bris and anyone else not to pick him.

Pre Season allows player to nominate salary etc after national draft and therefore Stk could manipulate things so they were the only clunb in a position to select Cousins, therefore removing any possibility of someone gambling thatthey could convince him to play for them.

If he nominates for the national draft expect the deal has already been done with no other clubs to select him

undecided
Club Player

i think we have a better chance of getting him in the ND bcoz then brisbane may not get a chance to talk to him and i dont think they will draft him if that is the case, but if he goes into the PSD then thats another 20 days for brisbane to make a move

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

this is where conspiracy theories come out to play

b.h was delisted and payed out...possibly to free up the needed cash in next years cap as we had the extra space in this years to pay him out for the two years he signed???

it might not be the point of idiocy most of us think....

if we had the cash to pay him out now and rookie him thus getting b.c...

clever boys....

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
Langi
Club Player

Just my humble opinion but if cuz flew into melbourne this morning could this be the start of another round of talks with the saints and given that he has so far ignored brisbanes requesta to sit down and have a chat I reckon we may be his preferred choice.

That's what i'm hoping anyhow.