Fireman

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Pilgram
Club Player

Fireman

Sorry, I cant find your post about the Lvl2 SC Membership, however I believe the initiative is all AFL rather than a club initiative.
I believe that the issue surrounding the social club membership being a pre-requisite (sp?) to Lvl 2 seating came as a result of an AFL survey revolving around the Telstra Dome and how the AFL is trying to fill the place up every week whilst maximising profit.
We all know that the AFL has put the squeeze on everyone (incl. Sainters) however I believe that the SC Membership and Lvl 2. seating is all AFL and not club.
Do what you will Fireman (I'm not telling you what to do) I just want you to know that it wasn't an idea that has come from club.
PEACE! 8-)

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Re: Fireman

Pilgram wrote:Sorry, I cant find your post about the Lvl2 SC Membership, however I believe the initiative is all AFL rather than a club initiative.
I believe that the issue surrounding the social club membership being a pre-requisite (sp?) to Lvl 2 seating came as a result of an AFL survey revolving around the Telstra Dome and how the AFL is trying to fill the place up every week whilst maximising profit.
We all know that the AFL has put the squeeze on everyone (incl. Sainters) however I believe that the SC Membership and Lvl 2. seating is all AFL and not club.
Do what you will Fireman (I'm not telling you what to do) I just want you to know that it wasn't an idea that has come from club.
PEACE! 8-)
here is the post
http://www.saintsational.com/forum/view ... hp?t=48749
and Pilgrim, how do you know that it's an AFL initiative? You believe this or know it for a fact?

Junior
Club Player

That is rubbish i went to the club and spoke face to face with the membership coordinator and they expalined why THEY took the decision. Also have an email from them stating why.

No mention of the AFL whatsoever. The reason is the fact that they have a waiting list of over 500 people for level two. The other reasons were that they did not increase prices for the 2008 season the only reason the social club has been added as the club said they needed to make it look like they were providing an extra benefit rather than just increasing the price.

I would also remind you that the AFL has frozen prices for 2008 so why would they then force clubs to change their membership packages?

A champion team will always beat a team of champions.
Pilgram
Club Player

Junior wrote:That is rubbish i went to the club and spoke face to face with the membership coordinator and they expalined why THEY took the decision. Also have an email from them stating why.

No mention of the AFL whatsoever. The reason is the fact that they have a waiting list of over 500 people for level two. The other reasons were that they did not increase prices for the 2008 season the only reason the social club has been added as the club said they needed to make it look like they were providing an extra benefit rather than just increasing the price.

I would also remind you that the AFL has frozen prices for 2008 so why would they then force clubs to change their membership packages?
and you think that it's not the same for WBD?

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Junior wrote:The reason is the fact that they have a waiting list of over 500 people for level two.
Geezus, I hope this isn't true !!

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:
Junior wrote:The reason is the fact that they have a waiting list of over 500 people for level two.
Eastern...

This is from the other thread...

A letter sent to AOK (he received this only because he pays by instalments, members that pay upfront did not receive any notification (to date)
aussierules0k wrote:Dear Mr AOK,

Saints Easy Payment Plan makes being a St.Kilda Member simple, providing automatic renewal annually without any effort required on your behalf.

(Translation: If you get sucked into words like "Easy" and no "Effort Required" and are foolish enough to pay via Direct Debit, you are a St.Kilda Member simpleton - We welcome you.)

As a St.Kilda Member utilizing Saints Easy Payment Plan in 2008, your St.Kilda Membership and additional products are set to automatically rollover and renew for the 2009 season.

IMPORTANT CHANGES TO GOLD SEAT MEMBER IN 2009

Every year the club turns away over 500 members seeking to upgrade to the "best seats in the house" on level 2. In 2009 all level 2 Reserved Seat holders MUST hold a St Kilda Social Club membership. This upgrade will provide you with a guaranteed ticket to the AFL Grand Final, should we make it.

Due to the high demand for these premium seats, we have taken the liberty of adjusting your 2009 membership fee accordingly (see below)

> Payment details showing $61 per month and an opt out tick box.

Further down...

OPting out
If you do not wish to continue with the Saints Easy Payment Plan you will be required to 'opt out' by Friday Nov 28th.

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

That maybe for Gold members, but I'm a Foundation Adult 11 Social Club, Silver Level 1 and the letter doesn't talk about making upward adjustments to the membership.
You could always join us plebs and all the unwelcome ferals who stand behind us on Level 1.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:
True as is written.

Just piss off 500 who currenlty have seats or extort $125 out of them.

Hope everyone is happy with this Footy First rabble

Tried to argue against the headlong rush to these unknowns last year but was howled down by the mob baying for Butterss blood.

These people have shown that they couldn't care less about their supporters and will burn 500 to satisfy their lust for an extra dollar.

Well I hope 2000 reserve members dont resign.

I hope it puts a huge hole in their finances.

They will get nothing but the minimum from me and will very soon not get a cent.

These people are nothing but scum who couldn't care for the supporter.

F*** them.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Pilgrim, my Doggies neighbour has reserved seats on L2 and I'm as good as positive that shes not a SC member.

NO WAY would the Doggies pull a stunt like this imo

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor