Perspective on the Cousins soap opera...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

Perspective on the Cousins soap opera...

Not sure if this is the right place to post, so feel free to move it.

It's been an interesting week on this forum.

There's been some heavy debate, some arguing, some name calling, threats to tear upp memberships, threats to overthrow the board...

And basically, some pretty stupid stuff said (myself included).

I got an email from a mate in the USA, so I'd like to share and hopefully, we can all get some perspective...

"Even if you're not from the U.S., we should all take a moment to give thanks today.

The world is experiencing an unprecedented financial crisis, terrorist attacks, multiple wars, famine, disease, global warming (I know the Republicans will deny this) and poverty.

We're all affected by world events now that we're living in a global economy. We're no longer separated by the borders of our countries. We're all affected by the events of the world so lets give thanks for what we have in our lives.

Even if you're on the verge of foreclosure and bankruptcy, find something to give thanks for. No matter how bad you think things are, you can always find something to give thanks for.

Did you get out of bed this morning? Then you have something to give thanks for. Many people can't get out of bed because of sickness or injury. Do you have food in your cupboard?

Give thanks for the food you'll eat today because many people won't eat anything today. Do you have a roof over your head? Give thanks for you shelter because many people are losing their homes and live on the street.

There is always something to be thankful for. If you can't think of anything then ask someone to help you find something to be thankful for. Be thankful that you have friends or family that can support you during these trying times.

Also reach out to others that need your support. Friendship and kindness are free so reach out and help someone by being their friend and listening to their struggles. You'll make their day and I bet you'll feel a lot better too!"

Fellow Sainters: Let's give thanks that we can agree to disagree and argue our cause freely. Let's give thanks that for whatever godforsaken reason, we are being punished in this life with the burden that is "being a Saints suppoter".

Let's not forget who we are... Mighty Sainters! One and all.

Peace :D

Bring on 2009!

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
Pilgram
Club Player

good for some.
i'm living on the frigging street, i have nothing to eat, Grumpy hates me and my internet is about to crash...
some life.
On top of that i am a St. Kilda Football Club Member

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

StKilda member living in Qld
never seen a winning GF, living on dialup, I dont think grumpy hates me, but I know stinger does, which I have been told is much worse.
Last edited by sunsaint on Fri 28 Nov 2008 3:44pm, edited 1 time in total.

Seeya
Pilgram
Club Player

sunsaint wrote:StKilda member living in Qld
never seen a winning GF, living on dialup, I dont think grumpy hates me, but I know stinger does, which I have been told is much worse
:lol: :lol: :lol:

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

Re: Perspective on the Cousins soap opera...

WayneJudson42 wrote: The world is experiencing an unprecedented financial crisis, terrorist attacks, multiple wars, famine, disease, global warming (I know the Republicans will deny this) and poverty.
Yeah, but all this pale's into insignificance when you consider the numbnuts who are responsible for relocating the St kilda football club to Seaford!

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
remboy
SS Hall of Fame

barks4eva wrote:
WayneJudson42 wrote: The world is experiencing an unprecedented financial crisis, terrorist attacks, multiple wars, famine, disease, global warming (I know the Republicans will deny this) and poverty.
Yeah, but all this pale's into insignificance when you consider the numbnuts who are responsible for relocating the St kilda football club to Seaford!
Not if you consider that they could have relocated us to Mumbai.

RBnW
Club Player

barks4eva wrote:
I am living under Barks new credit card....sharing with GT...GT's the sort of Hugh Hefner and Barks and I are the bitches.....just waiting for the Saints to return to Elsternwick so Barks can be President and GT can be coach again.....its a simple life but I like it..... :roll: :roll:

Our best is yet
to come......
saintly_safes
Club Player

RBnW wrote:
barks4eva wrote:
I am living under Barks new credit card....sharing with GT...GT's the sort of Hugh Hefner and Barks and I are the bitches.....just waiting for the Saints to return to Elsternwick so Barks can be President and GT can be coach again.....its a simple life but I like it..... :roll: :roll:
"Luxury" :wink:

Winmar7Fan
Club Player

Gee this post is working fantastic. I'm hearing you and agree regardless of who gets along or not with whoever on here we are really one big family who passionately support the same club and share the same emotions for the same reasons.

Who really gives a rats arse at the end of the day if GT should've stayed or gone or who thinks Kosi should have been traded or B4E and his f---ken credit card, he gives his heart and soul for this club and to me that's all that really matters.

We should all have and share our different opinions together.
I'd rather that than everyone think the same way and agree with everything.

I'm sure even though things do get heated and aggressive on here and frustrations are let out, most cut each other some slack.

Don't forget when we cop a flogging and go through some suffering with this club we're ALL going through it.

Especially us on this forum because I believe the most passionate supporters are spending their time here being frustrated whilst the others that don't care as much would rather be watching tv.

I know regardless of how often I think Ive had enough of this forum and some of the rubbish on here and tell myself I'm not coming back on again, I can't seem to resist the temptation of having another hit and taking a peek ( I feel a little like Ben Cousins ).

ace
Saintsational Legend

[quote="Pilgram"]good for some.
i'm living on the frigging street, i have nothing to eat, Grumpy hates me and my internet is about to crash...
some life.
On top of that i am a St. Kilda Football Club Member[/quote]

No AFL club will take Ben Cousins. He will soon run out of cash. He may want to share your frigging street with you.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

barks4eva wrote:
Is there no limt to your sense of stupidity?

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.