Belvedere Park Planning Application Lodged

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

FortiusQuoFidelius
Club Player

The Linton Street Flash wrote:I object at the lame name.

I will again post my suggestions for the name.

Denyer Park?

Door Frame Fields?

Bleak Paddocks?

Ganglands?

Faraway fields?

Wastelands?

Missing Girl Meadows?

Dangerous After Dark Park?

Oh Dear Oval?

Mistakelands?

Aluminium Window Oval?

Rarely Visited Oval?

Isolation Fields?

The Void?

Your Kidding Me Park?

The Perplexxus Center?

The Beat?

Rapelands?

Muggers Paddocks?

Creepy fields?

Disgracelands?

Archies Hole?

Inspiration Point?

Rapers Reserve?

Any others??
These could also be names for the void between your ears!

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
Club has lodged this at this time on purpose. Will go to the last council meeting before Xmas when everyone is distracted.

Anything in planning at councils get pushed through at this time. An age old council tactic. Make no mistake, the council and the club have been working in cahoots to get the best outcome and the timing is no co-incidence.

It will be passed and that, my friends, will be that.

LIVE WITH IT.
Yeah, further evidence of their clandestine ways, this board has a tunnel vision for the future and nothing will get in their way in relocating this club to Seaford so they can go about building this white elephant.

Sneaky, sneaky, hidy, hidy, spun it every way when they wanted our votes for the ballot, BUT never once did they reveal that they were intent on relocating the football club to this area, prior to the ballot and then promptly announced it, before anyone had a chance to blink!

At least I can say, I did NOT vote for these nuffies!

Opportunistic snakeoil salesmen, selling the soul of this club up the Kananook creek!

To run it through during Xmas is so typical of this board's style!

:roll: :roll: :roll:

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
Ice Wolf
Club Player

barks4eva wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
Club has lodged this at this time on purpose. Will go to the last council meeting before Xmas when everyone is distracted.

Anything in planning at councils get pushed through at this time. An age old council tactic. Make no mistake, the council and the club have been working in cahoots to get the best outcome and the timing is no co-incidence.

LIVE WITH IT.
Yeah, further evidence of their clandestine ways, this board has a tunnel vision for the future and nothing will get in their way in relocating this club to Seaford so they can go about building this white elephant.

Sneaky, sneaky, hidy, hidy, spun it every way when they wanted our votes for the ballot, BUT never once did they reveal that they were intent on relocating the football club to this area, prior to the ballot and then promptly announced it, before anyone had a chance to blink!

At least I can say, I did NOT vote for these nuffies!

Opportunistic snakeoil salesmen, selling the soul of this club up the Kananook creek!

To run it through during Xmas is so typical of this board's style!

:roll: :roll: :roll:
It's typical of every boards style. Getting permits can be a hassle and if they can get this part of the process done quickly and before the end of the year good on them.

FortiusQuoFidelius
Club Player

barks4eva wrote:...this board has a tunnel vision
Isnt that the pot calling the kettle black???

GrumpyOne

barks4eva wrote: this board has a tunnel vision
Unlike their predecessors, there is a light at the end of their tunnel.

Legendary
Club Player

Good tactics by the club, getting this moving as quickly as possible.

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Don't let those tunnels get in the way b4e.......

Try buying a new "blow up" and end your frustration :idea:

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:Don't let those tunnels get in the way b4e.......

Not sure I can do that, I'm a very loyal person and I feel the old one might get jealous and besides, there's still quite a few good years left in her yet.

Afterall when you' re on a good thing, why not stick to it?

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:

Not sure I can do that, I'm a very loyal person and I feel the old one might get jealous and besides, there's still quite a few good years left in her yet.

lol...

good on ya :wink: :lol:

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
GrumpyOne

barks4eva wrote:

Memo to B4E:

Superglue does not make a good lubricant. :shock:

casey scorp
Club Player

FortiusQuoFidelius wrote:
casey scorp wrote:The land was part of the old Seaford Swamp.
This is incorrect. The old Seaford Swamp is to the west of Belvedere Park between the freeway and Railway Parade and north of Austin Rd, and is now a wetlands and bird sanctuary.

You really should get your facts straight before you post!
You’re absolutely right – I should get my fact right before I post. It was actually the Carrum Carrum Swamp – not the Seaford Swamp.

So apart from that minor fact, anything else you feel strongly about?

The former Carrum Carrum swamp once stretched between Mordialloc, Frankston and Dandenong. I think you’ll find that takes in Seaford.

If you have been to the site, and the area in general, you would know that it is obviously filled land and the drainage network in the area is symptomatic of drained and filled swampland.

I see from your post lots of info about the Seaford WETLANDS - not the Seaford SWAMP.

Get your facts right I believe was the advice!

casey scorp
Club Player

joffaboy wrote:Club has lodged this at this time on purpose. Will go to the last council meeting before Xmas when everyone is distracted.

LIVE WITH IT.
Unless they call a Special Council Meeting, they will have missed the last Council Meeting for the year - it is on 15 December.

But it won't have to go to a Council Meeting if there are no objections - the officers will just issue a permit.

If, however, there are objections it will probably have to go to a Council Meeting in January or February.

They will all (Club, consultants and Council) be hoping that no objection is lodged by 21 December so that the officers can just whip it through on 22 December.

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

casey scorp wrote:
This is incorrect. The old Seaford Swamp is to the west of Belvedere Park between the freeway and Railway Parade and north of Austin Rd, and is now a wetlands and bird sanctuary.

You’re absolutely right – I should get my fact right before I post. It was actually the Carrum Carrum Swamp – not the Seaford Swamp.

The former Carrum Carrum swamp once stretched between Mordialloc, Frankston and Dandenong. I think you’ll find that takes in Seaford.

If you have been to the site, and the area in general, you would know that it is obviously filled land and the drainage network in the area is symptomatic of drained and filled swampland.

I see from your post lots of info about the Seaford WETLANDS - not the Seaford SWAMP.

I just find your statement suprising considering that I have been advised that Belvedere Park has better drainage than Frankston Park oval...

FortiusQuoFidelius
Club Player

casey scorp wrote:

My apologies.... obviously coming from Narre Warren South makes you an expert in the area. And of course I know nothing of the area having lived there for over 50 years!

I forgive you if you cannot comprehend the fact that the Seaford Wetlands was previously known as the Seaford Swamp. After all, being the illiterate tool that you are means you obviously have trouble with words of more than one syllable!

Carrum Carrum Swamp was actually further to the north, it's southernmost part being near the area known as Keast Park which is on the border of Seaford and Carrum, around 5km as the crow flies from Belvedere Park.

My facts are 100% correct. If you wish to believe otherwise then good luck to you! Nobody here (least of all me) is going to lose sleep over the fact that you are a misinformed fool. We have known it for ages!

Enough said... I am not prepared to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person!

casey scorp
Club Player

St Fidelius wrote:I just find your statement suprising considering that I have been advised that Belvedere Park has better drainage than Frankston Park oval...
The land has been filled above its natural surface level.

The drains are at a lower level than the finished surface level of the filling.

If the oval is properly constructed, with good soil and adequate drainage lines, it will runoff quite easily into the drains.

casey scorp
Club Player

FortiusQuoFidelius wrote: My apologies....
Accepted!

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

casey scorp wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:I just find your statement suprising considering that I have been advised that Belvedere Park has better drainage than Frankston Park oval...

If the oval is properly constructed, with good soil and adequate drainage lines, it will runoff quite easily into the drains.
So what's the problem then?

I am not trying to be smart but just is the problem?

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:
casey scorp wrote:

I'm with you Fid

I can't see any problems. I base my thoughts on the fact that the entire Eastlink project was built on swampland, as it follows the path (almost) of the Dandenong Creek and there doesn't appear to be any problems with it !!

Solar
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:
casey scorp wrote:

I'm with you Fid

I can't see any problems. I base my thoughts on the fact that the entire Eastlink project was built on swampland, as it follows the path (almost) of the Dandenong Creek and there doesn't appear to be any problems with it !!
eastern half of the east has been built on swampland or re-claimed land.... ever thought of that when hitting a golf ball at ringwood golf course.....

sounds like the development is being pushed through quickly... great to see

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

You can add The Manhattan Pub. It was built on an old sewrage dump that was around when there were dunny cans !!

Solar
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:You can add The Manhattan Pub. It was built on an old sewrage dump that was around when there were dunny cans !!
or yarran darren which was an old quarry.....

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
FortiusQuoFidelius
Club Player

casey scorp wrote:
FortiusQuoFidelius wrote: My apologies....
Accepted!
Typical of the way you take things out of context to suit yourself.

You have serious problems my friend...

casey scorp
Club Player

St Fidelius wrote: So what's the problem then?

I don't think there's a construction problem (other than maybe a little extra cost). I never said I thought there was a problem. Just one other poster seemed to take exception to what I said and ran off at the mouth.

My initial comment was about the likelihood that by some bureaucratic balls-up some noddy would have misinterpreted the master plan that had been prepared and there should have been a lagoon where the wing would be.

However, old FortiusQuoFidelius ran off at the mouth. He must just be a tad sensitive.

casey scorp
Club Player

FortiusQuoFidelius wrote:Typical of the way you take things out of context to suit yourself.

And you don't have a sense of humour. So ask yourself, who has the problem?.

FortiusQuoFidelius
Club Player

casey scorp wrote:
FortiusQuoFidelius wrote:Typical of the way you take things out of context to suit yourself.

And you don't have a sense of humour. So ask yourself, who has the problem?.
I have a great sense of humour... I just cant tolerate fools like you!

And if thats a problem then I'm certainly not alone - theres another 2566 members of Saintsational, the majority of whom I'm sure would agree with me!