Breakfast with the Boys in QLD

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Alex

Breakfast with the Boys in QLD

Hi all, did anyone make the trip up to Queensland and go to Breakfast with the Saints? How was it? Any pics / goss / news / updates? How is everyone looking?

clarky449
Saintsational Legend

St Bev????

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
Saint Bev
SS Life Member

Breaky was great as always, the players are always very friendly and obliging. Eddy was on crutches, but Sam Fischer was looking after him. Sam said they were very lethargic sitting around not doing much for 3 days prior to the game as we had very heavy rain. He said it was very boring and that the Lions players at least could go about their normal life. Full list was there except for Goose and of course Dempster and Allen who stayed in Melb for the bushfire appeal. Not sure what to say as I have said bit and pieces in various threads. Ross didn't go as he was doing a coaching clinic. They will be back up here for the practice match on 14th March (my Birthday, you beauty). Any questions, I will do my best to answer.

Qld Saints Supporter Group
saintly
Saintsational Legend

Saint Bev wrote:Breaky was great as always, the players are always very friendly and obliging. Eddy was on crutches, but Sam Fischer was looking after him. Sam said they were very lethargic sitting around not doing much for 3 days prior to the game as we had very heavy rain. He said it was very boring and that the Lions players at least could go about their normal life. Full list was there except for Goose and of course Dempster and Allen who stayed in Melb for the bushfire appeal. Not sure what to say as I have said bit and pieces in various threads. Ross didn't go as he was doing a coaching clinic. They will be back up here for the practice match on 14th March (my Birthday, you beauty). Any questions, I will do my best to answer.
saint bev, it sounds to me that that could be the reason why the saints played better in the second half. took time to get rid of the lethergy. what do you think?

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

FFS Sam - you're on the Gold Coast.

Gainsbrough Greens, Lakelands, Robina Woods, Hope Island, The Glades...not hard to get busy!

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

PLUGGER14
Club Player

evertonfc wrote:FFS Sam - you're on the Gold Coast.

Gainsbrough Greens, Lakelands, Robina Woods, Hope Island, The Glades...not hard to get busy!
Yep I know of at least 2 of those that were closed due to 2 FOOT OF WATER OVER THE FAIRWAYS!!!!

When we say heavy rain up here we mean HEAVY RAIN FFS!

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

PLUGGER14 wrote:

Yep I know of at least 2 of those that were closed due to 2 FOOT OF WATER OVER THE FAIRWAYS!!!!

Really? I was at the game and was in Brisbane in the days leading up to the match - unless you copped an entirely different lot of weather...

It was wet but I've seen worse. I played 18 at Wynnum quite happily 8-)

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

evertonfc wrote:
PLUGGER14 wrote:

Really? I was at the game and was in Brisbane in the days leading up to the match - unless you copped an entirely different lot of weather...

not only golf to blow the cobwebs away.
there's a few high rise buildings along the strip they could have gone up and down the stairwell. Could have been the start of a new intraclub cup
- the Q1 King

Seeya
Saint Bev
SS Life Member

evertonfc wrote:
PLUGGER14 wrote:

It does rain more here, that is why our dams are overflowing and Brisbane are under 30%. Trust when I say it bucketed down, it did. You may recall the cricket was washed out. Well when there was a break and they did play some cricket it was still pouring here.

Saint Bev
SS Life Member

saintly wrote:
Saint Bev wrote:Breaky was great as always, the players are always very friendly and obliging. Eddy was on crutches, but Sam Fischer was looking after him. Sam said they were very lethargic sitting around not doing much for 3 days prior to the game as we had very heavy rain. He said it was very boring and that the Lions players at least could go about their normal life. Full list was there except for Goose and of course Dempster and Allen who stayed in Melb for the bushfire appeal. Not sure what to say as I have said bit and pieces in various threads. Ross didn't go as he was doing a coaching clinic. They will be back up here for the practice match on 14th March (my Birthday, you beauty). Any questions, I will do my best to answer.
saint bev, it sounds to me that that could be the reason why the saints played better in the second half. took time to get rid of the lethergy. what do you think?
Absolutely, to me they also looked like they lacked leadership.

Batnoe

Saint Bev wrote:
evertonfc wrote:
PLUGGER14 wrote:

It does rain more here, that is why our dams are overflowing and Brisbane are under 30%. Trust when I say it bucketed down, it did. You may recall the cricket was washed out. Well when there was a break and they did play some cricket it was still pouring here.
Im from Brisbane and it only rained Friday and only one down pour

60% of Cararras carparks were flooded out, i guess there was too much rain to train..

Goody
Club Player

I was there and I talked to most of the boys

I talked with Steven King: He was in good nick and had no major issues
Brendon Goddard: Talked about the 9 pointer he didnt get, his knee. All is good and he seems in good nick.
Talked with Bakes, would have played if it was home and away and cant wait to get out there.
Kosi was quite subdued and hard to get a word out of.
Raph was quite upbeat.
Met Howard, Farren Ray, both seemed nice young blokes
Had a chat with Milney, he as upbeat as usual.
It was all really good and if you get the chance to get up close and personal with the boys grab it because they really enjoy your feedback and when on there own terms are quite approachable
Thanks for the date update Bev, I'll definatly try and get down for it again

Followed Saints since '71
Sir Robert Harvey was my favorite player
Stewie Lowe and Plugger before that.
Loved watching Rooey and Jack Steven
Now looking forward to the future

Some people make things happen, some people watch things happen, but most just say " What the f#&k happened!".
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Saint Bev wrote:
evertonfc wrote:
PLUGGER14 wrote:

can we get some of that rain off you?

all we keep doing here is stealing Shepartons meagre water out of the GV and building desal plants that cost a fortune to run and no one knows what it means to the environment... got me stuffed why we couldnt organise some plumbing to QLD...I mean theres longer pipes getting round and they have apparently landed a man on the moon now...

“Yeah….nah””