Lyon Not Entirely Happy With Win

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

matrix
Saintsational Legend

so Roo back for the Port game?
u bewty 8-)

PJ
SS Life Member

When it comes to assistant coaches it's difficult to assess how they are going unless you are there, even then it's a bit subjective. Some players respond to individual coaches and some just don't see eye to eye.

I agree it's pretty daft bagging someone if you don't know what they do but then again you can only go by someones area of responsibility. Our problems up forward are part to do with entry and part personel. Perhaps the best way to assess a coaches success is their ability to get the improvement out of their charges and their contribution to the group planning. Interesting that both he and Rock left at the same time, make of that what you will. I think JB was probably good for Roo & Milney but not sure who else.

Tudor seems to come with good experience I hope he can have a positive impact. There is obviously a renewed emphasis on forward structure and personel so it would seem he has come at a good time.

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Im not interested in guessing if Barker was/wasnt any good. NO ONE on this site knows that answer for sure and hes gone so suck it up - cya later Johnny.

I am glad Lyon is seeking to address the fwd 50 entry problem but lets remember - its a problem currently plaguing all sides at present.

I also would like to own the corridor ALL the time and just play with the simplistic "just get it in their fast" motto - unfortunately that ignores the 18 opposition players we have in our attacking half of the ground and our own players INABILITY to think their way through a maze AND to hit a target.
Its not an easy fix and it is rubbish to suggest that Lyon is instructing our pkayers to "go slow boys till they get numbers back" is laughable.

Think of it this way - in many games now we dramatically seem to improve come second half (we are becoming the comeback kings which I dislike) - does Ross Lyon change game plans at half time or just maybe players start to EXECUTE a little smarter amd more efficiently?

Once again we look to the coaches box to solve it all at St Kilda when maybe we should be looking at personell on field?

I am not saying Lyon plays no part - he does. He has to fix the half game efforts and consistency but lets not ignore why some players can perform week in week out and why others seem to fade in and out?....

Anyway, I am sick of seeing us go for goal after coming round the boundary time and again and all I truly hope is we can start to pick our way through this consistently.

“Yeah….nah””
InkerSaint
SS Hall of Fame

For all the RL knockers, if you agree with his criticism that's good news isn't it? If he has effectively identified the problem it follows that he's going to look for the root cause and a solution.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

InkerSaint wrote:For all the RL knockers, if you agree with his criticism that's good news isn't it? If he has effectively identified the problem it follows that he's going to look for the root cause and a solution.
It's been a problem for 2 years.

Nothing has been done about it. Same problems. Same lack of answers.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

matrixcutter wrote:so Roo back for the Port game?
u bewty 8-)

don't think so....

" ST KILDA is planning a Round 1 dress rehearsal against Port Adelaide on Friday, but captain Nick Riewoldt is no certainty to play.

Riewoldt trained well last week as he recovered from pre-season knee surgery, but the 26-year-old would have to get through training tomorrow before being cleared by medical staff.

The practice match is the last chance for Riewoldt to get match practice, although the Saints could apply for permission for him to play in the VFL next week.

In other injury news, Jarryd Allen (hip) and Sean Dempster (knee) are out indefinitely while Robert Eddy (knee) is 2-4 weeks away.

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.