Grant Thomas v Caroline Wilson

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

kosifantutti23
SS Hall of Fame

GT was 100 times better than Archer.

He did have trouble though explaining why Cousins would be wrong for St.Kilda and right for Richmond.

I find that Gary Lyon is the most attractive one on the panel. But does it matter? He doesn't contribute much

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti23 wrote:GT was 100 times better than Archer.

He did have trouble though explaining why Cousins would be wrong for St.Kilda and right for Richmond.

I find that Gary Lyon is the most attractive one on the panel. But does it matter? He doesn't contribute much
Your Point 1

Contributed more in his debut show than Archer did for the entire 2008

Your Point 2

I thought he did pretty well with that. As SAINTS fans we may not have liked it but he was brutally honest about our culture & lack of success

Your Point 3

Not much to beat, although Hutchy's possum has him running 2nd

!!

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

great, honest comment about st kilda being an individual club

it highlights certain individuals and it lacks a team ethos (over the journey)

gee....its been stated here a few times by at least one other member not including myself and got shot down for it...

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
tweedaletomanning
Club Player

Eastern wrote:
kosifantutti23 wrote:GT was 100 times better than Archer.

Your Point 1

Contributed more in his debut show than Archer did for the entire 2008

Your Point 2

I thought he did pretty well with that. As SAINTS fans we may not have liked it but he was brutally honest about our culture & lack of success

Your Point 3

Not much to beat, although Hutchy's possum has him running 2nd

!!
Agree 100%

saintly
Saintsational Legend

no thomas in SEN's lineup .

so he is now only doing the monday night progroam.

did he jump or was tipped out ?

stinger
Saintsational Legend

some interesting comments on talking crap....

http://www.talkingcarlton.com/phpBB3/vi ... =5&t=24236

i particularly liked the comments from mandy , who is a filth supporter....

"And here begins the first of many Tuesdays I wake up tired and question why I stayed up to watch that s***.

How that old mole gets away with her lies is amazing. I hate Hutchie too, but was pleased when he nailed her on the Eddie article. "No, I didn't say that he should go now he has another 3 years left and the members wouldn't vote him out."

LIES!!! You DID say that. You DID say his time is up.

This was me at 11pm last night :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

On the other hand I thought Thomas was ok. Didn't really have anything compelling to say but at least he's a better speaker than Archer."

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

saintly wrote:no thomas in SEN's lineup .

so he is now only doing the monday night progroam.

did he jump or was tipped out ?
He will be part of the SEN line up on Thursday for the season opener, along with Heddie, Huddo & Dummit. That suggests that he is part of their No1 calling team. He is also on "Crunch Time" on SEN; Saturdays between 11.00am & 1.00pm along with Huddo, Dumitt & Mark Robinson !!

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:some interesting comments on talking crap....
So what were you doing on there?

:?:

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

evertonfc wrote:
stinger wrote:some interesting comments on talking crap....
So what were you doing on there?

:?:

i was checking in on banger and always follow their "saints are pathetic" thread.....never post there though.... :roll: :wink:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:
Teflon wrote:
Thomas's appearance on the show shed some light on him as a character imo and I found it interesting.
WTF???

You've been assassinating his character like no other for the past 2 years.

But now that you've seen him appear on a TV show, you think some light has been shed??

Even for you, that's just unbelievable.
No more unbelievable than yourself assessing Ross Lyon and his coaching in 3 mths....

Besides I think it takes time to get a full pic of people....the other night was just another view on Grant...there will be more of that Im sure. Each a piece of the puzzle.

Im not surprised again you dont get it....but your not really interested in the topic anyhow...just as long as the thread is somehow hijacked to be about you again?

sad man. :lol:

“Yeah….nah””
rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:
Im not surprised again you dont get it....
And I'm not surprised you do get it.

I've never attacked Lyon's character. I've only ever said he came across as a smart arse and arrogant in the press towards the media. The rest of my criticism has been solely directed at his ability as a coach.

You on the other hand, have made over 500 posts alone on Grant Thomas the person.

Yet now you suddenly reveal you only just got an insight into his character by watching him for 30 minutes on a TV show??

So what have you been basing your hatred on over the past few year?

Every little thing that I've ever thought about your internet persona has just been completely and utterly proven beyond doubt.

If you're going spend half your life hating someone on a forum, discrediting, defaming and slandering them - you should at least make a small attempt to find some reasonsoning behind it.

This is a bit embarrassing for you Teflon. Even moreso than usual.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:
Teflon wrote:
Im not surprised again you dont get it....
And I'm not surprised you do get it.

I've never attacked Lyon's character. I've only ever said he came across as a smart arse and arrogant in the press towards the media. The rest of my criticism has been solely directed at his ability as a coach.

You on the other hand, have made over 500 posts alone on Grant Thomas the person.

Yet now you suddenly reveal you only just got an insight into his character by watching him for 30 minutes on a TV show??

So what have you been basing your hatred on over the past few year?

Every little thing that I've ever thought about your internet persona has just been completely and utterly proven beyond doubt.

If you're going spend half your life hating someone on a forum, discrediting, defaming and slandering them - you should at least make a small attempt to find some reasonsoning behind it.

This is a bit embarrassing for you Teflon. Even moreso than usual.
Gezz Dodgy you'll have to do better than that.

"oh you are just nasty Teflon and hate Grant"... :lol: seriously its time to grow up.

No one hates Grant (hates to strong a word for anyone.....even you numbnuts.. :wink: ) - he was IMO a 1 trick pony coach whose only way was his....., with little real technical grasp on how to develop players and absolutely no clue about player conditioning (which cost us a shot at a flag). Sure he loved mental toughness and took us half way round the world to teach humility - but FFS he was appointed to teach and develop as an AFL coach. We are now paying for this short coming.

For all that I had 5 years to assess Grant Thomas and his persona to come to that conclusion - you have given Ross Lyon 3 mths... :lol: :shock: ...lets just think about this - you have assessed a NEW AFL coach 3 mths in and decided hes a "poor"coach based on what exactly?......

Naive - even at your basic level I'd have thought..

Regardless, I dont think there is any doubt you have something against Lyon - I suspect its purely a case where you dont like a replacement (or ANY replacement) for Grant. Time to move on Dodgy... :wink:

As for insights into Grants character I did indeed see a far more subdued and careful Grant the other night and it was refreshing. We are always developing greater insights into people after all...we're complex beings...(even a simple, little single cell orgnasim like you Dodgy occasionally throws up something out of character... :lol: )

But alas not this time. This time its the same boorish "look at me post" thats high on questions, short on logic and devoid of facts.

I wouldnt worry bout examining people's "internet persona"....only w@nkers pay attention to small matters such as that.. :wink:

“Yeah….nah””