Whats the story with Schneider?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Whats the story with Schneider?

Unsighted all pre-season and then straight into the team for R1.

Either he is Rossy's pet odr we are so depleted that he had to get a run :?

We wont get much out of him. Even less than usual.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Buckets
SS Life Member

Hopefully ok but would have rathered him get a run with sandy and get the match fitness up. Would have thought picking one of the young blokes who had played a majority of the preseason.
What about Gram as well???? Has he played much? Going in with a few question marks over some of the guys who havent had the best of preseasons.

Thats Mr. Smartarse to you
Loyal
Club Player

believe that he is in permanent favour.
better pull something out of his sphincter round one or i will go OFF!

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Loyal wrote:believe that he is in permanent favour.
I was of that belief for most of 2008, but then something happend - Schneids actually started producing consistently, and deserved his spot.

JB may be right though about lack of conditioning......perhaps he's being carried, but even so may bag 2 or 3 goals from under 10 possies, which is an acceptable result.

Loyal
Club Player

i still reckon we'll win.
we dont have to win by ten goals.
if we win by three points that will be enough for me.
if we win by four points then that will be a bonus.

thirty-seven!?
Club Player

I'm pretty sure he played our last two practice games - not to much effect, but played them none-the-less!!

It would've been nice to see a debut or two tho!! Im itching to see Steven given a run!

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

He played well in the Sandy practice match last Saturday.

And Loyal, nobody cares if you go OFF, or just go.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:He played well in the Sandy practice match last Saturday.

And Loyal, nobody cares if you go OFF, or just go.
Ahh thanks for that.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

I'll just refrain from making my usual defence on AS...because I have a bad feeling he is underdone.

All I'll say is that when he IS fit - which is a bit too rare for mine - he is one of our five most damaging players.

And he can kick a goal. Several. How many players in our entire squad can do that?

It's a bit hard to string up a bloke who finished fourth in our goalkicking last year and only once had a single-possesion game out of 19. Not saying he set the world on fire, but there is something to work with, and it's our duty to get the best of him over time.

Plus he actually has skils and a footy brain - something our list is incredibly short on.
Last edited by evertonfc on Thu 26 Mar 2009 11:12pm, edited 1 time in total.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

evertonfc wrote:I'll just refrain from making my usual defence...because I have a bad feeling he is underdone.
ok

“Yeah….nah””
PJ
SS Life Member

Give the coaching staff some credit guys. I remember hearing a story from one D Misson about Schneids being someone that didn't respond from an all out pre season because of his predisposed injury issues - I'd reckon this was always going to be a bit of a plan for Adam even if he had no major problems.

Chill out and watch the mayhem unfold!!

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.
PJ
SS Life Member

or

Once upon a time there was a boy called Adam.......

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.
jonesy
Saintsational Legend

evertonfc wrote:
Plus he actually has skils and a footy brain - something our list is incredibly short on.
Right on.
We actually need at least a couple of players out there who know how to kick goals and not just how to enforce the 'rolling zone'

Bring back the Lockett era
Saints94
SS Life Member

Loyal wrote:i still reckon we'll win.
we dont have to win by ten goals.
if we win by three points that will be enough for me.
if we win by four points then that will be a bonus.
Mate i think its more about getting the 4 points :wink:

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
Loyal wrote:believe that he is in permanent favour.
I was of that belief for most of 2008, but then something happend - Schneids actually started producing consistently, and deserved his spot.
I really don't know about that, over the three finals matches we played, he averaged 13 possessions and 1 goal. I would have thought that his failure to deliver more than this was an important factor in our failing to do better in the finals.

The only games I can recall him making much of an impact last year were against Melbourne (which probably doesn't count) and, to be fair, the big win over the Hawks, to which he was an important contributor.

He remains a much bigger name in football than his rather modest achievements over the years have warranted. I doubt that opposing coaches spend much if any time thinking about how to neutralise him.

But, reading this forum, I constantly feel that - like the Swans who traded him, - I must be missing something with this bloke and that he must be better than he seems to me.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
meher baba
Saintsational Legend

evertonfc wrote:It's a bit hard to string up a bloke who .....only once had a single-possesion game out of 19.
I think you meant "single figure" possession game (I think you would be happy to string up anyone other than a defender or a ruckman who had only 1 possession in an entire game!!).

Well, yes but - while he averaged close to 20 possessions per game for the season - he only averaged around 14 over the second half of the year when he was mostly playing much further forward (and thereby less likely to get those meaningless posessions that come from chipping the ball around in defence).

And, of the 28 goals he kicked during the season, 19 of these were in 10 games we played against teams that didn't make the finals, and only 11 in the 9 games we played against the other 7 teams in the top 8.

I personally don't think he was much chop last year, and find the idea that - fully fit - he is one of our five most damaging players very hard to swallow. (I would rank at least a dozen ahead of him.)

But, as I said in my last post, I must be missing something about him.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
Loyal
Club Player

Bernard Shakey wrote:And Loyal, nobody cares if you go OFF, or just go.
... have you asked nobody bernard? what did he say?

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

meher baba wrote:But, as I said in my last post, I must be missing something about him.

I don't think he's that great of a player or in the top 10 players at our club, but I do think he is what was lacking in our team and would be in the top 10 important players in our club, wether he is good or not we need him to perform.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Loyal wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:And Loyal, nobody cares if you go OFF, or just go.
... have you asked nobody bernard? what did he say?
just go...

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
Longwayfromhome
Club Player

This is crazy talk. Why is this guy in the side for Round 1 ? Surely if the club is serious about promoting youth. this is the guy that needs replacing. Injured most of the pre season and yet to give any indication that he is ready to go.
Sorry, I forgot we are playing Sydney and I think he may have some thing positive to add to the result. I hope its three or four goals.

Leave your ego's in the locker when you start and pick them up again when you retire
Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

Don't worry guys, Adam will be doing what he does best come the first bounce this week!

I saw him at training last week...

He spent countless hours running along side players with the ball waving his arms in the air and yelling whilst making no real effort to harass them.

He also ran up to anyone who got the ball and pointed down field to where Adam felt they should kick it.

When we were practising our zones he actually stood for some time with his hands above his shoulders waving and he also shouted.

So no need for concern guys, Adam is right on track!

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
kickittokosi!!!!
Club Player

I'm much happier about him being in the team - than a 1st gamer.

At the end of the day - we're trying to win this match aren't we?

If we are to be any sort of chance of a premiership this year, we need Adam to play week in - week out.

He reads the play well & is a beautiful and accurate kick.

Don't write him off because he's 23ish and you'd prefer to see some 18yr old.

go saints!
Huzzad
Club Player

Re: Whats the story with Schneider?

joffaboy wrote:Unsighted all pre-season and then straight into the team for R1.

Either he is Rossy's pet odr we are so depleted that he had to get a run :?

We wont get much out of him. Even less than usual.
Despite some early ineffectiveness, Schneiderman was good for us tonight. Will keep getting better. Joffaboy again show us why he is not coach..

Legendary
Club Player

I thought he played VERY well tonight.

Looked a lot fitter, and gave us a lot of run through the middle. Presented well a few times, and had quick hands in the F50.

Good game.

SaintWodonga
Club Player

He played well tonight. Did some very smart things. Just need a goal or 2 to icing on the cake.

Tony Lockett kicks 10 goals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v4ZQJHjlvM