We Can Win It!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Saintersss
Club Player

We Can Win It!

The media has seem to got off our bangwagon, everyone thinks our premiership window has closed, and even some St.Kilda fans have lost hope, but I am going to say, THIS IS OUR YEAR, when no one suspects it, the Saints are are going to get their second premiership ever.
Our time has finally come.

Just look at our midfield:
- Luke Ball has had his first pre-season, and I think we will finally see him become what we all know he can become. He is a superstar and he will show that this year.
- Lenny Hayes, we know what we are gonna get with him, top 15 midfielders in the league, he is a clearance and tackling machine.
- Brendon Goddard, I think everyone knows what this kid is going to do. There is not one doubt in my mind about him not becoming elite this year. His kicking is unbelievable and his height makes him very dangerous if he goes forward.
- Nick Dal Santo, a couple years back he finished top 3 in the browlow, last year was probably one of his most dissapointing seasons, BUT he did show in a few games (hawthorn and collingwood) how good he is. I believe after this trade talk and his dropping, he will get back to his best.

Here we have 4 ELITE midfielders, we could possibly match geelong in their midfield, which will defiently help.

We then have J.Gram, L.Montagna, F.Ray, the line breaking midfielders. With hopefully Armitage, Geary and Steven all getting matches and showing their talent. Not to mention the former St.kilda best and fairerst winner in Steven Baker. Looks like he will be back to his best this year in pissing off the top opposition midfielders.

All of a sudden we have possibly 4 out of the top 20 midfielders in the leagure with some very good rotations.

Our Rucks:
- Steven King, may not be a superstar, but gets the job done every week, hopefully he can continue his 2008 form into 2009.
- Gardiner, many wanted his delisting at the end of last year (me included), but he was given a contract extension and lets hope he grabs it with both hands. He looked slow in the first pre-season game, but has slowly become better and better. He has had a solid pre-season and it looks like he will form a good ruck combination with King in 2009.

Our Backline:
Lets start With Max!
- Max Hudghton, WOW, what a superstar, despite his age he is still going strong and I believe he will still have a good year, maybe not as good as 2008, but he will still be strong. He can lock down the top forwards in Franklin and Fevola and is a absolute gun.
- Sam Fisher, Can stop one of the best forwards while also being very important in the defensive rebound. AA last year, should back it up this year as well.
- Jason Blake, Puts in 110% every match and will never let you down, can easily shut down a 2nd/3rd forward.
- Matt Maguire, I know he still has a long way to go, but even if it takes him half the season to get back to good form I'll be happy. If he does get back to his previous best (I know its a big if), We could then have the second best defence in the league.

Our Forwardline:
- Nick 'The Captain' Riewoldt, I don't think I need to say anything here, everyone knows how good he his, top 10 players in the league if not top 5.
- Justin Kositchzke, its time for the No. 2 pick to step up and solid pre-season might see this happen, and if Gardiner and King (both great preseasons) stay fit, Kosi will able to stick in one position and show the potential we all know he has. They talk about Brown & Bradshaw, Roughead & Franklin and in 2009 they will be talking about Riewoldt & Kositchzke.
- Sam Gilbert, the former defender looks set to become the third forward, Stkilda has desperately needed. Although he hasn't shown toio much in the pre-season, he has shown enough for me to be able to say that he will be very handy. He can apply some much needed forward pressure and his pace and marking will help ensure that he will kick a few goals. I can see him kicking 30-50 goals this season, while providing some forward pressure.
- Stephen Milne, One of the most hated players outside St.klda, one of the most loved inside St.kilda, all I can say is, he knows where the goals are and should provide another 50-60 goals for the Saints in 2009.
- Adam Schneider, Didn't have a great pre-season, but should still be handy, he has good dispoal and can find the goals which is the type of player we lack, should be handy without being anything special.

If this forward line clicks, which hopefully it will with better delivery from the midfield and a new forward coach providing a better structure, we could see the Saints return to having a POWERHOUSE forwardline.

And lastly we have the clarkes, I'm not sure what to expect, but when X.clarke is in form he is vital to us. A great player who has been struck down by injuries, let hope he can put them aside this year and show the football world what a great player he is.
R.Clarke, has been discounted by other supporters and even st.kilda supporters, but his last games in 2009 and 2009 finals campaign have given us hope. And he is named in round 1, which means he is over his injuries and lets just hope he can prove everyone wrong and become the superstar that he is.

So if everything clicks we could be lifting the cup in 2009. And I know its a big if, but since everyone is feeling pessimistic about this years chances, I thought I'd go for something different.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Re: We Can Win It!

Saintersss wrote:The media has seem to got off our bangwagon, everyone thinks our premiership window has closed, and even some St.Kilda fans have lost hope, but I am going to say, THIS IS OUR YEAR, when no one suspects it, the Saints are are going to get their second premiership ever.
Our time has finally come.
Can I have what you are on???!!

You gotta be dreaming!

Anyway, it's good to dream.....

saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

Lets beat the swans tonight first :roll:

Never take a backward step even to gain momentum.....

'It's OK to have the capabilities and abilities, but you've got to get it done." Terry Daniher 05

"We have beauty in our captain and we have a true leader in our coach. Our time will come"
Thinline.Post 09 Grand final.
gringo
Saintsational Legend

We Can Win It!

It's good to see an optimist on a fan forum. I'm cautiously optimistic as well -at least till the end of the first quarter anyway.

As long as we don"t do a Richmond my optimism should take until at least rd 3 to start breaking down. Well anyway under RL I usually get it back by about rd,21.

Like your team summary but you forgot Dal Santo and Goddard looking set for big things this year.