Casey Scorpions

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

casey scorp wrote:
zebraman wrote: Melbourne decided that Casey fields was where their future lies and subsequently wouldn't extend their afiiliation with Sandy...
You can try and re-write history, and I'm sure there'll be many who believe you.

But you know quite well that Sandy initiated the severing of the St KFC/Scorpions alignment by approaching St Kilda with a proposal for a St KFC/Sandy alignment.

You also know that Sandy did that because CC was hot-gospelling a move to Casey Fields long before it was ever a reality and would have also put the wind up the Zebs by talking up an alignment with the Scorpions (and long before the Scorpions were prepared to discuss an alignment with MFC) and Sandy panicked.

As reported in June last year ( http://blogs.abc.net.au/grandstand/2008 ... m-spl.html ):
ABC Grandstand wrote:
Sandringham and Melbourne have ended their 8-year alignment with the two clubs due to part ways at the end of the 2008 season.

The split comes as the Zebras and St Kilda announced a new five-year alignment, Sandringham general manager John Mennie telling Leader Newspapers the club was concerned it would be left without an AFL affiliate once Melbourne’s impending move to Casey Fields takes place.

"We were worried we were going to miss the boat," Mennie said.

"We couldn’t sit and wait around. We had to be proactive."
The response of the Scorpions to the announcement was shock ( http://cranbourne.yourguide.com.au/news ... 90011.aspx ):
Cranbourne Journal wrote:
CASEY Scorpions president John Sharkie says St Kilda's decision to end their alignment was done "behind our backs.''

Sharkie revealed he was told about 45 minutes before news had appeared on St Kilda and Sandringham websites that St Kilda had ended its relationship with Casey and had realigned with rival VFL club Sandringham, formerly aligned with Melbourne.

The Scorpions' president said it a "major shock'' and he was disappointed in the way it was handled.

"I was disappointed in not knowing all this was going behind our backs.''
You have both clubs making it clear what happened - why do you try to spin it differently?
CS, surely you're not seriously suggesting that Melbourne moving part of their training to Casey Firelds would have allowed the Saints to continue their alliance with the Casey Scorpions?
HOw could that have possibly worked for StKilda, Melbourne, Casey or Sandringham?

The instant MFC started making serious noises about moving out to Casey there was always going to be a changing of the alliance.

MFC knew it
Casey Scorpions knew it
StKilda knew it
Sandringham knew it.

Your post seems to say that Sandy and the Saints did something 'underhanded' to somehow disadvantage Casey Scorps in all of this.

Do you really believe that MFC started investigating the move out to Casey without having, at least, informal discussions with Casey Scorps?
That would seem highly improbable.

As much as you would seem to not want it so, all of this occured because of MFC deciding it wanted/needed to move out to Casey. The other Clubs were just dominos in this process that fell into place afterwards.

I'll wager that Casey Scorps knew about the MFC move (openly or secretly) before either StKilda or Sandringham

zebraman
Club Player

Dear me Casey...yet again and this must be the umpteenth time we've addressed this subject.....

Sandringham asked Melbourne to extend the affiliation......I know this for a a fact as I had a long chat with a committee member in Tasmania last year and he indicated that Melbourne were not prepared to extend the affilaition between Melbourne and Sandringham...

I t was then, and only then that Sandy approached St Kilda to gauge their interest..

As stated on many previous occasions Casey, St Kilda saw something in Sandy and decided to go with the Zebras...over the past few months you appear to have a great deal of difficulty in accepting that St Kilda would choose Sandy over Casey...

Now Casey...I offer you this........come to Sandringham this Sunday and I will introduce you to Gerry Ryan..the President of Sandringham...he is a senior member of the Victorian Police Force.....I challenge you to come with me to hear what actually happened re the alignment straight from the person who was involved...

I work on the scoreboard at Sandy so I'm pretty easy to find

The offer is there.....I challenge you to accept it and finally hear the truth about what happened....you continually state here and in the Demonland forums that Sandy ditched Melbourne....I don't know what it will take for you to finally realise the truth but maybe a chat with our President might open your eyes

I await with interest

Brooksy_Babe_24
Club Player

Very difficult choice for me One Day I will be a full Zebra supporter but until then I will support both teams yes even on sunday
You don't just ditch people you have spent so long with especially when the Casey players and Club are such nice people
I hope it's a good match but i'm afraid this week will be GO SCORPS and the Sandy Saints boys

Brooksy I'll never Forget you

AKA Austinn's_Honey & Troy's_Gal
NEVER EVER BAG YOUR OWN PLAYERS

http://blog.myspace.com/sexc_saz
ace
Saintsational Legend

Ben McEvoy, Tom Lynch, Matthew Maguire, Colm Begley, Nicholas Heyne, Leigh Fisher, David Armitage, Robert Eddy, Xavier Clarke, Eljay Connors, Blake McGrath, Steven Gaertner, Tom Simpkin, Luke Miles & Brad Howard will stomp on the Scorpions.

Go Sainters (in Zebra jumpers).

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
ace
Saintsational Legend

Sandringham is St Kilda's territory.
We have finally kicked Melbourne out.
Casey is St Kilda territory.
Casey should kick Melbourne out.

Read your Bible, you will see that God granted the Bayside and the Peninsula to his chosen people, the almighty Sainters.
The demon worshippers can go to hell.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
PJ
SS Life Member

When I lived in Victoria I'd watch saints on saturday VFL and sandy on sunday VFA.

Times have changed but that's still how I feel so zebs for me.

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.
casey scorp
Club Player

zebraman wrote:Sandringham asked Melbourne to extend the affiliation......I know this for a a fact as I had a long chat with a committee member in Tasmania last year and he indicated that Melbourne were not prepared to extend the affilaition between Melbourne and Sandringham...

I understand your comment, and have no argument, that Sandy asked Melbourne to extend the alignment and that Melbourne were not prepared to extend the affiliation.

But you carefully dance around is what Melbourne actually said – we’re not prepared to extend the alignment at the moment; we might end up moving to Casey Fields and we want to keep our options open. That was early in 2008, when there was a hell of a lot of water yet to pass under the bridge.

A continuation of the alignment was not rejected at the time by MFC, just a “wait and seeâ€

finders

As a longtime Sandy supporter I would far rather have the quality of player the Saints have to offer than the rabble at Melbourne are turning into.
I wonder how long before bigheaded failed coach Connolly starts to undermine the current Melbourne coach?

zebraman
Club Player

Casey...I find it hard to believe that John Sharkie was unaware of anything happening...

I mean surely something must have registered when Melbourne indicated that they wanted to have a training base at Casey Fields..John Sharkie must be pretty naive if he thought that Melbourne weren't interested in joining forces with the Casey Scorpions...the planning behind the idea by Chris Connolly must have been going on long before season 2008...I hardly think Connolly turned up at the MCG one day and said guess what guys I've got a brainwave....let's establish a base at Cranbourne

I don't think Sandy did anything wrong in approaching St Kilda...you called it panicking...I still call it being pro-active...history now shows that St Kilda liked what they heard and joined forces..

And the whole thing could have been stymied if St Kilda said one word..NO...but they chose to go with Sandy...should St Kilda have contacted casey and told them what was happening???...that's up for debate...to me it indicates that St Kilda weren't all that happy with the Casey alignment

But as you say Casey are happy with the Melbourne alliance and Sandy are certainly happy with the St Kilda alliance...Andy Lovell has been full of praise for the attitude of the St Kilda guys playing at Sandy

So it's a win/win for Casey and Sandy....

Mind you I think there has been something not quite right at Casey the past couple of years when you had players of the calibre of Nigel Carmody and Steve Harrison opting to go elsewhere...that indicates things weren't going well there

But tomorrow is the chance for both teams to earn bragging rights for season 2009..be stran=ge seeing Shane Valenti playing against Sandy

Hopefully I'll be putting up a winning score for Sandy at the Trevor Barker Beach Oval

GO ZEBRAS/GO SAINTS

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
ace wrote:I'm a St Kilda supporter.
That means I support St Kilda players whether they are playing in the AFL or VFL or kindergarten backyard leftovers league.

When St Kilda players played for Casey, I supported Casey, now they play for Sandringham, I support Sandringham.
When they play for Manchester United I will support Manchester United.

That is what a St Kilda supporter does.
Not sure about that. I am a Saints supporter but could never support Casey as I am a Sandy supporter. I went to Casey games to watch only the Saints players. Didnt give a stuff about Casey. Now I am right. Thays what a Sandy supporter does.
Same diff.