Saints V Dogs Round 6 3rd May

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Saints V Dogs Round 6 3rd May

Cairnsman usually comes down for a Collingwood game each year as a tradition that has been long running, however I have just noticed we play the bulldogs the week before and it got me thinking that this could be a huge game and one not to be missed.

The pre game hype could go something like this…

Who is the real deal. Both teams were preliminary finalists in 2008, both having solid pre-seasons and both undefeated in 2009. Both teams having clearly bridged the gap between the Cats and Hawks but who will take the mental edge and clear favouritism as this years challenger to Geelong (bearing in mind that by then the Hawks may be languishing at the bottom of the ladder further confirming my pre season prediction that they will not make the eight)

What does everyone else think? Should I stick with tradition and come down to see us rip the Pies a new one or should I come down and see a titanic battle between two clubs desperate to remain undefeated thus witnessing the Saints inflicting a huge physiological scar on the Dogs.

Feedback please…

BringBackMadDog
Club Player

Doggies game will be huge but more importantly the pies match is their home game so there is a strong possibility that you will be surrounded by a bunch of moccasin wearing toothless morons since there is no Moorabbin wing that week

SaintDebi
Club Player

Depends how many days you can get off for the weekend. Remember the Pies game is on a Monday night.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

i actually have a flight booked for the doggies game, but still no ticket into the game or a place booked to stay yet....
was thinking about not going...dunno, not sure yet.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

BringBackMadDog wrote:Doggies game will be huge but more importantly the pies match is their home game so there is a strong possibility that you will be surrounded by a bunch of moccasin wearing toothless morons since there is no Moorabbin wing that week
Not in the usal location MadDog..but we are making a booking for a Level 1 bay next to our CS

See the MW Forum for booking details or PM me either of you if your interested in booking

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
InkerSaint
SS Hall of Fame

Re: Saints V Dogs Round 6 3rd May

Cairnsman wrote:What does everyone else think? Should I stick with tradition and come down to see us rip the Pies a new one or should I come down and see a titanic battle between two clubs desperate to remain undefeated thus witnessing the Saints inflicting a huge physiological scar on the Dogs.
I think you're on the mark, Saints vs. Doggies should be a blinder. Although a win against either the Pies or the Dogs (preferably both) would be satisfying.

PS. That should be a psychological scar that the Saints inflict, the other way will surely have someone up at the tribunal.

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

If I had to chose either, Id probably chose Carlton! It is really annoying me how they think they are all that at the moment.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

iwantmeseats wrote:If I had to chose either, Id probably chose Carlton! It is really annoying me how they think they are all that at the moment.
Carlton doesn't have a backline and if Fevola has an off day then they don't have a forward line as well.

Expect the wheels to fall of and their motto changed to say 'They know we're coming but they just don't know when and neither do we'

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:
BringBackMadDog wrote:Doggies game will be huge but more importantly the pies match is their home game so there is a strong possibility that you will be surrounded by a bunch of moccasin wearing toothless morons since there is no Moorabbin wing that week
Not in the usal location MadDog..but we are making a booking for a Level 1 bay next to our CS

See the MW Forum for booking details or PM me either of you if your interested in booking
Gee I hope there's safety in numbers S66au. :wink:

Collingwood are really showing their true thuggery via their supporters lately...