Players you love to Hate

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Saint Bev
SS Life Member

Apart from all of the above. James Hird gets up my nose. Mr bloody goody two shoes, fence dweller and plays for "that" team. The once he did speak out, he sucked up to the umpires by offering them money.......... please, who does that? One of my all time favourite games was when Glen Coglan shut him up and what did he do? Goes up to the umpire complaining, loved it. Oh, and surely you could afford a decent hair cut, or at least wash it. :roll:

Qld Saints Supporter Group
Winmar7Fan
Club Player

Re: Players you love to Hate

gringo wrote:My list for the 10 players I loved to hate most starts with Buddha Hocking after I was at Cardinia the day he kept lining up Harves, but any way here goes my list;

Gary Hocking -Lined up Harves.
Gary Ablett Snr -skill and Christian Bardsley.
Byron Pickett- always looked like he was going to break a neck or two.
Barry Hall -Inbred, simian, troglodyte and traitor.
Wayne Carey- Everthing about him.
Greg Stafford- all huff no puff.
Cam Mooney- always trying to assert some authority with no back up.
Peter Fillandia- Nut biting dog.
David Rhys Jones- carlton nut bar.

and last one is a toss up between-

Brisbane Lions- made us cry in public.
Adelaide Crows 1997- dont want to talk about it.

My list of our players other teams love/d to hate

Robby Muir
Aaron Hammill
Plugger
Hall
Bakes
Ditterich
Jacko -I hated him myself
Grant Thomas- as coach
Winmar- the opposition fans would go mental whenever he went near it?Barry Breen- only pies fans.
So would I but for the opposite reason.

Some I remember off the top

Darren Bewick
Anthony Rocca
Peter Matera
Jeff Farmer
Brian Wilson
Scott Camporeale
Andrew Jarman
Simon Beasley
Dermott Brereton

milney044
Club Player

I hated Jeff Farmer - er dirty little good for nothing and thought he was god's gift. So glad he no longer plays.

Dale Thomas- he's pretty much replaced Bucks in terms of most hated pies player- a huge list to be on too.

Cam Mooney- an absolute d**khead to put it nicely.

Adam Goodes- the fact that he has 2 brownlows really pi$$es me off he's just one player that really irritates me.

I HATED the Scott brothers- dirty thugs and they weren't even good.

And i make up for all the hate against Milney, he bathes in opposition hate and thrives on it in my opinion, it's when they bring out the R word that i start to lose it.

Destiny. It's in our hands.

Harder. Better. Faster. Stronger.
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Saint Bev wrote:Apart from all of the above. James Hird gets up my nose. Mr bloody goody two shoes, fence dweller and plays for "that" team. The once he did speak out, he sucked up to the umpires by offering them money.......... please, who does that? One of my all time favourite games was when Glen Coglan shut him up and what did he do? Goes up to the umpire complaining, loved it. Oh, and surely you could afford a decent hair cut, or at least wash it. :roll:
That's a quality rant, Bev. Think I'll add Hirdy to my list!

Saint Bev
SS Life Member

Thinline wrote:
Saint Bev wrote:Apart from all of the above. James Hird gets up my nose. Mr bloody goody two shoes, fence dweller and plays for "that" team. The once he did speak out, he sucked up to the umpires by offering them money.......... please, who does that? One of my all time favourite games was when Glen Coglan shut him up and what did he do? Goes up to the umpire complaining, loved it. Oh, and surely you could afford a decent hair cut, or at least wash it. :roll:
That's a quality rant, Bev. Think I'll add Hirdy to my list!
Ha ha, thanks, I'm honoured. Acutally I call him James Turd. Him and Gobby Loyd or Harry High Pants, take your pick, make a beautiful couple! :lol:

Qld Saints Supporter Group
evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

I don't hate any, to be honest.

And I loved Carey - he was outrageously good.

I don't mind watching a few players stuff up though. Travis Johnstone sits atop that list.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Saint Bev wrote: Ha ha, thanks, I'm honoured. Acutally I call him James Turd. Him and Gobby Loyd or Harry High Pants, take your pick, make a beautiful couple! :lol:
yeh way to go Bev. HIrd and Lloyd were top of my list for quite a while. Couldn't stand Hird either. Really used to piss me off. And bloody Lloyd with his grass tossing prancing about diving staging appealing to the umpire behaviour really gets up my nose.

fingers
Saintsational Legend

Retired or not - JEFF FARMER :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:I used to really hate Brett bloody Heady of all people. And I really didn't like Cain Ackland at any point either (his argy bargy with Blake didn't really help his cause).

Currently: Nick Maxwell (such a pathetic sooky la-la whinger), Tarkyn Lockyer (ditto), Darren Milburn (ditto again), Matthew Lloyd (just so 'der' and that painful grass toss - roof's closed Lloydy, there's not a breath of it mate), Alan Didak (obviously), Heath Shaw (idiot), Cameron Mooney (ridiculous), Giansiracusa (for the snipe on Kosi, can't get over it; I should, I know), Will Minson (buffoon), Brad Johnson (a new inclusion because he should have retired and it irritates me for some reason that he didn't), Chad Cornes (Chad? CHAD??? And too mouthy and annoying), Dean Brogan (also a buffoon, albeit slightly comical), Warren Tredrea (I mean look at the guy and his glove and just the general attitude and his enormous opinion of his own self worth), Adam Hunter (modern mullet and sooks far too much), Sam Mitchell (WAY over rated, and a terrible sniper with an altar boy image), and pretty much the entire Fremantle list for reasons I can't explain, but possibly because of their theme song.

Milney rocks in my view. 60 goals from an irritating, hyperactive smurf? Every club'd take that.

That's a quality list Thinline. Have also had a few players I hated for no reason other than I just found them intensely irritating.
Philip Matera for one. I so wanted someone to lay a heavy shirt front on him.
Ditto Treadrea and Chad Cornes.
Adam Hunter - first class knob. Makes a good couple with Kerr.
Brett Burton - the way he looks and gestures on the field.
Hall - no explanation necessary
Worsfold - still hate him with his ubiquitous bloody presence on the WA media. Bloody chemist!!!!
Did I mention that I hate the WCE with a passion?

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Ta.

Burton does kinda suck in his own peculiar sorta way, doesn't he?! Similar to Nathan Bassett.

This is quite a fun topic.

Kerr? Geez, even with the horse juice in his bloodstream and that funny lookin' immobile torso of his, he's still an absolute ripper of a player.

To be honest, I really quite liked watching Hird play except against us, but Bev's rant was just so good...

JABBER
Club Player

players you loved to hate

Luke Penny let club down
Greg Williams dirty player
Wayne Carey Steven's affair

trevor barker
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:Ta.

Burton does kinda suck in his own peculiar sorta way, doesn't he?! Similar to Nathan Bassett.

This is quite a fun topic.

Kerr? Geez, even with the horse juice in his bloodstream and that funny lookin' immobile torso of his, he's still an absolute ripper of a player.

To be honest, I really quite liked watching Hird play except against us, but Bev's rant was just so good...

Absolutely re Kerr. If he became a Saint I'd instantly change my tune. Is a dirty little mongrel though. And seriously up himself. One of the WCE's who's grown up with everyone in this one and a quarter team town telling him the sun shines out of his crack.

SaintDebi
Club Player

milney044 wrote:I hated Jeff Farmer - er dirty little good for nothing and thought he was god's gift. So glad he no longer plays.

Dale Thomas- he's pretty much replaced Bucks in terms of most hated pies player- a huge list to be on too.

Cam Mooney- an absolute d**khead to put it nicely.

Adam Goodes- the fact that he has 2 brownlows really pi$$es me off he's just one player that really irritates me.

I HATED the Scott brothers- dirty thugs and they weren't even good.

And i make up for all the hate against Milney, he bathes in opposition hate and thrives on it in my opinion, it's when they bring out the R word that i start to lose it.
I agree with your list too, Milney 044, especially Adam Goodes. How that slimy little git has managed to slip under the umpires' radar for so long I don't know. The only thing worse than a dirty player is a SLY dirty player.

And I love Milney too, and agree that the crowd's attitude to him just fires him up. Hope he does his stuff again against the Eagles this week.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Currently

Milburn
And anything that ends in Cornes

SaintWodonga
Club Player

Slap Head (Judd)

And Plugger at the Swans, only because he was a traitor and we got nothing in return (we did, but the deal was crap)

Tony Lockett kicks 10 goals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v4ZQJHjlvM
Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

LLOYD, FARMER

bethb7
Club Player

Adam Hunter
Heath Scotland
Nick Maxwell
Taylor (Hawthorn)
Alan Didak
Chad Cornes

I have a few ha

If you can't give the commitment you gave this year and you don't want to improve, you can go because we have unfinished business-Ross Lyon
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Present..

Cornes and Cornes
Fev
Buddy
Chapman
Lloyd
Didak
BBBBBBH

Past

Spoida
Farmer
Carey
Hocking

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
gooner
Club Player

Peter Bell
(but to be fair to him it was mainly cos of the numpty that rang the bell every time he got a touch)

Adam Goodes
(how the hell has he got TWO brownlows ?!)

Judd
(Mr. I'll decide which club I go to. Sorry, didn't think there was free agency in AFL footy. He's purely in it for the benjamins. Would be playing for Sorrento seconds if they paid him enough.)

"The humble improve" Wynton Marsalis
sainters man
Club Player

Chad Cornes and Nick Maxwell, cannot stand them!

howlinwolf
Club Player

Of current players it HAS to be Matthew Scarlett.
Always a tosser (even by his own team mates admissions) but really sealed the deal with his sleight on Harves last year.

Gary Hocking was one to dislike too. I was 10 metres from the boundary the day he took Harves out at Kardinia Park. That was typical of what he would do. In person he's not a bad guy though.

Brad ottens is not high on my list. He told my daughter at school that he absolutely despised the StKilda Football Club. Nice way to to deflate a 12 year old Sainter. A bit of maturity and he could have kept this to himself me thinks.

The OtherThommo
Saintsational Legend

Ah, good old JIBBER, JABBER. Luke Penny let the club down, eh? Ever heard of rheumatoid arthritis, you freakin' bonehead. This s***'s been going on here for years, and so many fail to make ground.

I hate to say this, but I look forward to the day when an arthritic virus grabs you by the squeakers and EATS your joints, you f****** sad sack.

Remember this time, you ********. Blind stupid imbeciles still seem to rule - well, f*** 'em.

'I have no new illusions, and I have no old illusions' - Vladimir Putin, Geneva, June 2021
The OtherThommo
Saintsational Legend

Tick, tick, tick - rheumatoid arthritis waits in the shadows, eating away at the very foundation of the shyte that is spoken by so many.

It would be most interesting to hear an explanation of RA from the gob set. My guess is they ain't got the freakin' foggiest what it is.

f***, I hope some joints get eaten.

'I have no new illusions, and I have no old illusions' - Vladimir Putin, Geneva, June 2021
markinUSA
SS Life Member

Someone mentioned Brian Wilson... I can't hate him cause he eventually played for us... kinda redeems anyone in my book! But with another team, yeah.

My all time most disliked player was Gary Ablett. I was about 10 yards from him when he king hit Nathan Burke from behind in that final, think it was 1992. Probably cost us the game, and with Plugger in the team, and at that time in his career, I really thought we could snatch the big one if we'd played in it. To think that a team with Plugger, Burke, Frawley, Grant, Winmar, Loewe, McConville, and Russel Morris couldn't win us a flag... very disappointing.

"Don't give up, never give up" - Robert Harvey.
ace
Saintsational Legend

John Nichols and Serge Silvagni.
I don't think Darell Baldock ever finished a game against Carlton when those thugs were around.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.