Stop the pissing Comp!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Buckets
SS Life Member

Stop the pissing Comp!

I don't speak for the whole forum just myself, however I personally am sick to death of the constant attempt by posters on here to score points for their own egos.
The start of the season and we are 3-0 something that everyone here should be highly excited about. Hell and if everything goes to plan we should be 4-0!!!

However there are certain sections on this forum who would rather dredge up old posts and old arguments based on a guy who hasn't been at the club for over 2 1/2 years and the current coach!
I will be the first to admit that I was not impressed at what happened and the choice of the new coach and still had my reservations through parts of last year. That is no longer the case and has not been for some time.
I am thoroughly enjoying watching this team at the moment and trully believe that the coaching and playing staff are on the same page and are aiming to shake things up this year and I cannot wait!

So guys it's time to let the past be - that includes both those who have a vendetta against GT or RL - GT is gone he is in the media now he has no connection with the club and should be free to comment on anything football - that includes the Saints.

If there are sections who only get enjoyment in stroking their egos and point score against one another i suggest you go to bigfooty you should fit in real well there. Or perhaps the Mods can create a new forum entitled 'All about GT', maybe then the rest of us can enjoy the forum without having to see this group acting so bloody immature! And perhaps those long lost posters who made a rare appearance in a very recent thread can come back to the fold without having to put up with a stream of constant crap from some people!

End Rant

Thats Mr. Smartarse to you
happy feet
Club Player

Move on

Well said, time to move on, fortius quo fidelis.

Buckets
SS Life Member

Yet it still continues :shock: :shock: :roll:

Longwayfromhome
Club Player

Get a life sunshine.
You post about what you want to post about and I'll post about what I want to post about about.
If you don't like it. Bye Bye.

Leave your ego's in the locker when you start and pick them up again when you retire
cowboy18
Saintsational Legend

Appreciate the sentiment Buckets but until we, as a group, get some closure on whether we would have won a flag in 2007 if Grant Thomas could have coached a decent ruckman based at the Junction Oval using a rolling zone/all out attack/tempo football combo I don't think we can rest.

The tragedy underpinning the stunning start to the season is that all the football related threads are robbing us of time to consider the relative merits of Alves/Sheldon/Thomas and Seaford/Moorabbin/Casey/Elsternwick Park.

And if we go 4-0 it will get even worse. :cry:

Depressed
Club Player

Hey Buckets, if you don't like it you can shove it. :twisted:

remboy
SS Hall of Fame

cowboy18 wrote:Appreciate the sentiment Buckets but until we, as a group, get some closure on whether we would have won a flag in 2007 if Grant Thomas could have coached a decent ruckman based at the Junction Oval using a rolling zone/all out attack/tempo football combo I don't think we can rest.

The tragedy underpinning the stunning start to the season is that all the football related threads are robbing us of time to consider the relative merits of Alves/Sheldon/Thomas and Seaford/Moorabbin/Casey/Elsternwick Park.

Spot on. I think if GT had still been coach we would have been 4-0 already. Who cares about what is actually going on at the moment.

SaintWal
Club Player

Blah Blah Blah.

Savour the moment, book your finals tickets and bring it on.

There is no bus, there is no going for a great ride, there is only the joy in seeing your team play to its pertentual.

The Lyons on the line, so far, in 09.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Re: Stop the pissing Comp!

Buckets wrote:I don't speak for the whole forum just myself, however I personally am sick to death of the constant attempt by posters on here to score points for their own egos.
The start of the season and we are 3-0 something that everyone here should be highly excited about. Hell and if everything goes to plan we should be 4-0!!!

However there are certain sections on this forum who would rather dredge up old posts and old arguments based on a guy who hasn't been at the club for over 2 1/2 years and the current coach!
I will be the first to admit that I was not impressed at what happened and the choice of the new coach and still had my reservations through parts of last year. That is no longer the case and has not been for some time.
I am thoroughly enjoying watching this team at the moment and trully believe that the coaching and playing staff are on the same page and are aiming to shake things up this year and I cannot wait!

So guys it's time to let the past be - that includes both those who have a vendetta against GT or RL - GT is gone he is in the media now he has no connection with the club and should be free to comment on anything football - that includes the Saints.
I dont get this.

GT comments in the media OFTEN in relation to St Kilda....so we as members arent allowed our view as to whether or not we disagree?.....I think your gonna be disspointed there...

As for Lyons detractors - and theres been many - itd be nice to think they can now finally get behind the guy as hes the current coach...but as you say....as long as the ego kicks in thats not gonna happen.

Enjoy Bigfooty though. :wink:

“Yeah….nah””
Buckets
SS Life Member

Teflon wrote:
Buckets wrote:I don't speak for the whole forum just myself, however I personally am sick to death of the constant attempt by posters on here to score points for their own egos.

I dont get this.

GT comments in the media OFTEN in relation to St Kilda....so we as members arent allowed our view as to whether or not we disagree?.....I think your gonna be disspointed there...

As for Lyons detractors - and theres been many - itd be nice to think they can now finally get behind the guy as hes the current coach...but as you say....as long as the ego kicks in thats not gonna happen.

Enjoy Bigfooty though. :wink:
It's not that i'm saying that you cant agree or disagree with his comments just like any football commentator.

The main issue is that any comment he makes in regards to the Saints automatically means that we have a 5 page thread which instead of having any sort of logical debate turns into a pissing contest. Why dont we just ignore him????? Yes he talks crap sometimes says something of merit but he is paid for his thoughts by the media, we legitimise his position each time we debate every little thing he says!

The biggest problem though is that we don't even need him to open his mouth. The usual crew love arguing about anything and to such an extent that it forces any good debate aside, as a result it has meant that some posters dont get on here anymore because the dont want to be abused for putting their opinions forward in a mature manner.

Agree with your point on the Lyon. Get behind him and the team this could be an exciting year!

Shaggy
Club Player

cowboy18 wrote:Appreciate the sentiment Buckets but until we, as a group, get some closure on whether we would have won a flag in 2007 if Grant Thomas could have coached a decent ruckman based at the Junction Oval using a rolling zone/all out attack/tempo football combo I don't think we can rest.

Wait till we go to 12-0 :cry:

Buckets
SS Life Member

Shaggy wrote:

I'm waiting till we go 15-0!!!! :wink:

cowboy18
Saintsational Legend

Buckets wrote:
Shaggy wrote:

If it comes to that...

Beyond Blue
http://www.beyondblue.org.au
1300 22 4636

remboy
SS Hall of Fame

Getting back on topic, when's the pissing competition? I can sign my name (including my middle initial) so I think I'm a big chance.

Buckets
SS Life Member

cowboy18 wrote:
Buckets wrote:
Shaggy wrote:

If it comes to that...

Beyond Blue
http://www.beyondblue.org.au
1300 22 4636
There may be a few people needing that number if that were to happen!

SaintWal
Club Player

remboy wrote:Getting back on topic, when's the pissing competition? I can sign my name (including my middle initial) so I think I'm a big chance.
Me too. Just got to get my pants off first???

asiu

i luv it when gt gets a mention

:)

The OtherThommo
Saintsational Legend

Ah, so many references to the great GT. The great man manager who managed Luke Ball into complete immobility. The brilliant players man who reduced Goose to a hobblng wreck well before he snapped his leg, just because he'd been a poxy insurance salesman in the south west and Goose's old man called him on it.
GT the brilliant strategist who taught so many, so young how to ski downhill, yet gave none of them any idea how to defend.
The wondrous contract manager GT, who struck 2 long contracts - one for Luke Penny who had rheumatoid arthritis (4 years) and the other for Aaron Hamill who rooted his own knee 'cos he didn't go for the footy. And then the CEO to beat all CEO's (that's Thomas) had the absolute freakin' gall to call Penny weak - THE POOR BASTARD HAD ONE OF THE MOST DEBILITATING DISEASES KNOWN TO MAN (for the uninitiated RA eats your joints).
As I've said for years, GT is a waste of space, a common dog f*** frontrunner, an appalling manager of businesses and people and a man with an extremely limited future. Apart from that he's O.K. - bullshytme, he's a lemon.

GT fans, suck it up. We now have a coach, a smart man run by his head not his self delusion. Nice result and we will all benefit.

'I have no new illusions, and I have no old illusions' - Vladimir Putin, Geneva, June 2021
ace
Saintsational Legend

[quote="Buckets"][quote="Shaggy"][quote="cowboy18"]Appreciate the sentiment Buckets but until we, as a group, get some closure on whether we would have won a flag in 2007 if Grant Thomas could have coached a decent ruckman based at the Junction Oval using a rolling zone/all out attack/tempo football combo I don't think we can rest.

And if we go 4-0 it will get even worse. :cry:[/quote]

Wait till we go to 12-0 :cry:[/quote]

I'm waiting till we go 15-0!!!! :wink:[/quote]

I'm waiting till we go 26-0!!!!!!! :D :D :D

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA 50:08
S.A Saint
Club Player

The OtherThommo wrote:Ah, so many references to the great GT. The great man manager who managed Luke Ball into complete immobility. The brilliant players man who reduced Goose to a hobblng wreck well before he snapped his leg, just because he'd been a poxy insurance salesman in the south west and Goose's old man called him on it.
GT the brilliant strategist who taught so many, so young how to ski downhill, yet gave none of them any idea how to defend.
The wondrous contract manager GT, who struck 2 long contracts - one for Luke Penny who had rheumatoid arthritis (4 years) and the other for Aaron Hamill who rooted his own knee 'cos he didn't go for the footy. And then the CEO to beat all CEO's (that's Thomas) had the absolute freakin' gall to call Penny weak - THE POOR BASTARD HAD ONE OF THE MOST DEBILITATING DISEASES KNOWN TO MAN (for the uninitiated RA eats your joints).
As I've said for years, GT is a waste of space, a common dog f*** frontrunner, an appalling manager of businesses and people and a man with an extremely limited future. Apart from that he's O.K. - bullshytme, he's a lemon.

GT fans, suck it up. We now have a coach, a smart man run by his head not his self delusion. Nice result and we will all benefit.
This is just un called for....i think you are the one that needs to move on...why don't u mention the positives that gt done for this club instead of having your head up your ass....

Now im not a anti/pro grant thomas fan.....i was 100% behind him when he was at the saints and that's all that matters...since he is not here anymore i don't care about him or the comments that he is making about the club....move on people.... stop living in the past and blaming everyone and everything when something didn't go to plan....

its 2009 and the saints are looking mighty fine so far...lets get behind the players and the coach and support them....

CARN THE SAINTS......

bigred
Saintsational Legend

Buckets wrote:
Shaggy wrote:

Gee wiz... 12-0.

The DVD box set will be a bestseller :shock:

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
stinger
Saintsational Legend

3 ...zip...and i'm smiling...don't care who's coaching us......'cause they must be doing something right.... :wink: :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: 8-)

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
rexy
SS Life Member

stinger wrote:3 ...zip...and i'm smiling...don't care who's coaching us......'cause they must be doing something right.... :wink: :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: 8-)
here here

Maybe this year?
Winmar7Fan
Club Player

If there are sections who only get enjoyment in stroking their egos and point score against one another i suggest you go to bigfooty you should fit in real well there. Or perhaps the Mods can create a new forum entitled 'All about GT', maybe then the rest of us can enjoy the forum without having to see this group acting so bloody immature! And perhaps those long lost posters who made a rare appearance in a very recent thread can come back to the fold without having to put up with a stream of constant crap from some people!

End Rant

I'm sorry I started that thread now but it wasn't anything to do with GT only about some credit to RL where it was due for all the criticism he copped and people even wanting his head last year.

I must say it is entertaining reading though. :wink: :wink: :wink:

bob__71
Club Player

Would GT have continued to show faith in the lower ranked players to stay in the side and leave X in the VFL?