INS: X.Clarke, Mc Evoy

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

meher baba, have you been to any games this year?

To suggest Gwilt could be dropped suggests you haven't.

Nobody is going to be dropped anytime soon.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
philip
Club Player

i watched the Sandy game and came away with the following thoughts:

1) Goose is still approx. 4 - 6 weeks away from AFL fitness and game speed (note this is not a reason not to play him just keep your expectations low)
2) X is the new Dal ie. not working hard enough and just coasting. if we want another running option then he would be my pick to replace Kosi
3) Lynch is going to be an awesome player. he showed his judgement is very good, even if he is still getting used to the pace. if we were looking for a forward replacement, I would add him on the half forward line. not as tall as Kosi for sure, but on AAMI stadium i reckon pace is the way to go and the Big Mac is not ready.

So in summary -

Pace - kosi out, x in
Fwd - kosi out, lynch in

Just looking forward to us having a real crack each week, and appreciating the younger talent coming through.
meher baba
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:meher baba, have you been to any games this year?

To suggest Gwilt could be dropped suggests you haven't.

Nobody is going to be dropped anytime soon.
Mate, I totally agree with you. All I said was that, in the extremely unlikely event that anyone was going to be dropped, Schneider and Gwilt (and Geary and McQualter) were all more likely to get dropped than Gram.

I think most posters on here know that I am one of Gwilt's biggest fans.

IMO he had a relatively quiet game last night. But what he did, he did extremely well (other than one missed attempt at bumping someone fairly late in the game).

And, in terms of my attendance at games, alas I don't live in Melbourne ATM and have a young child who demands my attention over weekends, so I haven't seen too many games in the last couple of years. If (as I hope) I do manage to make it to the colourfully-named Etihad Stadium at some stage this season, I will buy you a drink.
Last edited by meher baba on Sun 19 Apr 2009 9:14pm, edited 1 time in total.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

HarveysDeciple wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:Just why do some posters suggest that X should be the next player to replace a current player??

Surely Robert Eddy is in front of X
X has good form at aami stadium...eddy is slow, dont need those types against port.
My post was not about Port, as I believe no one will get dropped and there will or should be just the one change McEvoy for Kosi.

My post was that Eddy is in front of selection ahead of X, by the mere fact he has been an emergency for the past few weeks and X hasn't

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
falka
Club Player

My concern with Mc for Kosi, is that Port are a quick running team, and with Mac, King, Gardi, may be a bit heavy. Could come down to weather.

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

falka wrote:My concern with Mc for Kosi, is that Port are a quick running team, and with Mac, King, Gardi, may be a bit heavy. Could come down to weather.
Port have one of the best ruck combos in the league in Lade and Brogan, hence a reason why they beat the Hawks.

The addition of McEvoy as a tall marking forward and rotating the three rucks from bench, forward and ruck, to me seems like a good idea.

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
TimeToShineFellas
SS Hall of Fame

St Fidelius wrote:Port have one of the best ruck combos in the league in Lade and Brogan, hence why they beat the Hawks.
I thought it was the fact that they handballed their way through Hawthorn's "rolling zone", not the use of their ruckmen.

In fact on the Sunday FS, Shane Crawford alluded to the fact that the bloke responsible for videoing most of Hawthorn's plays actually got employed by Port this year, and took his stuff with him!

Buckets
SS Life Member

St Fidelius wrote:
falka wrote:My concern with Mc for Kosi, is that Port are a quick running team, and with Mac, King, Gardi, may be a bit heavy. Could come down to weather.
Port have one of the best ruck combos in the league in Lade and Brogan, hence a reason why they beat the Hawks.

The addition of McEvoy as a tall marking forward and rotating the three rucks from bench, forward and ruck, to me seems like a good idea.
But who were the Hawthorn rucks??? Not sold on Ben coming in esp against Lade and Brogan he would no doubt be smashed in the ruck. Really not sold on X either though. Yesterday he played a serviceable game for Sandy but nothing that made him standout from the rest.

When is Raph back from injury? Could he be the replacement? Has some pace and height to be put in the forward line. Just a thought.

Thats Mr. Smartarse to you
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

TimeToShineFellas wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:Port have one of the best ruck combos in the league in Lade and Brogan, hence why they beat the Hawks.
I thought it was the fact that they handballed their way through Hawthorn's "rolling zone", not the use of their ruckmen.

In fact on the Sunday FS, Shane Crawford alluded to the fact that the bloke responsible for videoing most of Hawthorn's plays actually got employed by Port this year, and took his stuff with him!
I with you....

Lyon has been very switched on this year.

ie the way we combatted the Crows.

PA's run has killed us in past years.

Our cuurent gamplan is up to stopping then...but I am sure that Lyon will havea few tweeks just for PA>

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

It's just A reason why the Hawks were beaten.

Ports two rucks combined had 27 kicks 10 marks 30 hit outs and 3 goals

Our two rucks had combined 21 kicks 5 marks 17 hit outs and 1 goal

TimeToShineFellas
SS Hall of Fame

St Fidelius wrote:It's just A reason why the Hawks were beaten.

It's a fact - 83% of all statistics are likely to be wrong by 60 to 65%

:wink:

Buckets
SS Life Member

Very true, but should we hang our hopes on Ben being able to come in and be the difference? Gards and Kingy have done their job beautifully and have impacted on the opposition ruckman. We have also used the midfielders to be the 3rd man up which has been executed quite well.
Ben needs more time and i really dont think that the Port game would be the best time for him to come in.

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Buckets wrote:

Very true, but should we hang our hopes on Ben being able to come in and be the difference? Gards and Kingy have done their job beautifully and have impacted on the opposition ruckman. We have also used the midfielders to be the 3rd man up which has been executed quite well.
Ben needs more time and i really dont think that the Port game would be the best time for him to come in.
Well then.

Just who do you suggest to replace Kosi ??

Remember that McEvoy has been named as an emergency for the last couple of weeks and won possessions around the ground against Frankston in his last game.

Buckets
SS Life Member

I wouldn't be suprised if Lyon brought in either Max or Raph if fit. That way you could use Goddard - wouldn't mind seeing him match up on the Chad - more down forward and in the midfield. I think the good thing is that Roo is becoming more match fit with each passing game, and as a result Kosi may not be sucha big loss - fingers crossed!
Ben had an alright game against the Dolphins but IMO thought his decision making at times got him into trouble.

Hell just to throw the cat amongst the pigeons you could have lyon playing Goose down forward! Unlikely but you never know. Lyon seems to favour bringing in experience over youth when it comes to injurys.

Will just have to wait until Thursday - hell Kosi might play :wink:

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Most ridiculous post I've ever seen.

Did we play Port this week? If not, comparing their ruck stats with ours this week is ridiculous.

TimeToShineFellas
SS Hall of Fame

St Fidelius wrote:Well then.

Just who do you suggest to replace Kosi ??
Who says we need to replace a tall for a tall?

Considering everytime we get done by Port it's their little blokes that cut us up with pace, why can't we bring in an X or at least someone that's going to put tackling and physical pressure on them when they have the ball - and can win the ball in their own right and use it properly?

Is Kosi a definite out yet?

Port don't exactly have a top-heavy backline as it is.

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:

Did we play Port this week? If not, comparing their ruck stats with ours this week is ridiculous.
Well then

Hawks rucks Campbell and Taylor

12 disposals, 3 marks 22 Hit outs 3 marks 1 goal

compared to Ports 27 disposals 10 marks 30 hit outs and 3 goals

It's ports around the ground work of their rucks that is a worry

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:

Well then

What the hell has that got to do with St Kilda?

Going on what I've seen this season, we are miles ahead of the Box Hill team the Hawks have been putting on the field.

We played Port in a practice match and neither King or Gardiner played, so what are we afraid of?

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:

Well then

What the hell has that got to do with St Kilda?

Going on what I've seen this season, we are miles ahead of the Box Hill team the Hawks have been putting on the field.

We played Port in a practice match and neither King or Gardiner played, so what are we afraid of?
Did I say I am afraid????

All I am suggesting is that McEvoy should replace Kosi FFS

McEvoy was probably BOG against Frankston and has been named emergency for the last few weeks.

Some posters have suggested X and he really did nothing on the weekend to warrant selection

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Eddy was our only emergency this week (Begley and McEvoy played for Sandy), so on your reasoning he must replace Kosi.

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:Eddy was our only emergency this week (Begley and McEvoy played for Sandy), so on your reasoning he must replace Kosi.
Just what the F*** is your reasoning???

I have already suggested that Eddy maybe a chance and now also McEvoy..

This thread is about next weeks replacement(s)

To which you have offered jack sh1t

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Yes Eddy did not play against Frankston and was our only emergency for the day, but the other two played and McEvoy was one of the best for Sandringham.

So Einstein just who do you think should replace the injured Kosi (if deemed unfit)

Mind you again, that X had an ordinary game and the Saints 3 emergencies have not differed for a few weeks

instead of being a smart ass and just knocking my posts, how about contributing to the thread with a possible replacement if Kosi is deemed unfit???

If you wish to continue to embarrass yourself, with your non suggestions and humour me, go right ahead

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote: Going on what I've seen this season, we are miles ahead of the Box Hill team the Hawks have been putting on the field.
15 players are premiership players and 3 players that didn't play in the GF had 23 or more possessions in the weekend. Hardly a Box Hill side, in fact three players from their premiership side had 7 possessions or less.

Bernard Shakey wrote: We played Port in a practice match and neither King or Gardiner played, so what are we afraid of?
And we got smashed 17:11: 113 to 9:5: 59

So your point is :?:

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote: Going on what I've seen this season, we are miles ahead of the Box Hill team the Hawks have been putting on the field.
15 players are premiership players and 3 players that didn't play in the GF had 23 or more possessions in the weekend. Hardly a Box Hill side, in fact three players from their premiership side had 7 possessions or less.

Bernard Shakey wrote: We played Port in a practice match and neither King or Gardiner played, so what are we afraid of?
And we got smashed 17:11: 113 to 9:5: 59

So your point is :?:
King and Gardiner will play this week, hence we will not get smashed in the ruck and don't need another ruckman.

Personally I think X or Eddy will come in for Kosi and Gwilt or Blake will probably play forward.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:Personally I think X or Eddy will come in for Kosi and Gwilt or Blake will probably play forward.
i think riewoldt and bj will play forward.