Zach Dawson

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

barneyboyz
Club Player

Zach Dawson

I was talking to an "HAWKS" friend of mine today and wouldn't they like to see this bloke there right now? I was behind the goals last night and if there are still people out there that doubt him, then you might not know as much about footy as you might have thought.

Zach, keep up the good work, we are enjoying your presence

Scott.

St. Kilda Football Club. Going strong, since 1960 :wink:
Buckets
SS Life Member

His biggest test could well come this week against Port. One would suspect that it would be him or Sam Fisher to get the job on Tredrea and that would be tough considering that that he has booted 12 in the last 2 weeks, for a forward confidence goes along way!

Thats Mr. Smartarse to you
battye
Saintsational Legend

Between Dawson and Fisher, who do you reckon should get the job on Tredrea? This is where Hudghton would be great...

I suppose Fisher because he is more experienced, could it be a risk to play Dawson on Tredrea?

Feature article: KFC's "Double Down" burger!

TV Ratings: Hey Hey It's Saturday ratings overview

Do you know what C# is? .NET? Then you need to know this: XSD
Buckets
SS Life Member

battye wrote:Between Dawson and Fisher, who do you reckon should get the job on Tredrea? This is where Hudghton would be great...

I suppose Fisher because he is more experienced, could it be a risk to play Dawson on Tredrea?
I think the biggest risk with putting Dawson onto Tredrea could be if he gets a run on the confidence that Zack has gotten over the last 4 weeks would take a hit. On the otherhand its really a matter of backing him in and giving him some support down back if needed. '
The last thing i would want though is for Max to come straight back in against Port. Dont get me wrong think he is invaluble BUT he is not as young as he once was and with any injury to a senior player kid gloves are needed at times!

Thats Mr. Smartarse to you
barneyboyz
Club Player

[quote="battye"]Between Dawson and Fisher, who do you reckon should get the job on Tredrea? This is where Hudghton would be great...

I suppose Fisher because he is more experienced, could it be a risk to play Dawson on Tredrea?[/quot

Our backline has been doing a blanket job recently, they are as close as can be, I have faith that they can be even better than up till now.

Do not underestimate Jason Blake here folks, he is showing his true worth and quite frankly, I am loving it.

Every one of our back players is playing for each other and the betterment of St Kilda FC. they are the fabric of our team and to think some have only been here a short while!!!

St. Kilda Football Club. Going strong, since 1960 :wink:
InkerSaint
SS Hall of Fame

<<<---

savatage
SS Life Member

InkerSaint wrote:<<<---
Best set shot I've ever seen.

starsign
Club Player

said it in another thread but he had a few knockers on here last week He played a little looser c/f his Swans opener on BBB where for mine he had much greater close-knit support from fellow backmen helping out
Left to his own devices more in games 2 & 3 he was a little looser at times and I suggested SOS would work on that aspect with him
Well what a difference last night eh knockers? stuck to his opponent like the proverbial substance to a blanket... fantastic..., the kids a great pick-up and is going great guns
and I agree about giving the old unsung hero Blakey a crack at Treadders , he would probably relish the opportunity to put his hand up for the gig and could be just the man for the job, leaving Fisher to a more attacking defenders role
Good situation to be in though, where all 3 could be in the mix for the job

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

When Max is fit, is there still room for Zac??

I would like to think so to free up Gilbert or Chips, but just who could be dropped?

Maybe it will be a question of match ups

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:When Max is fit, is there still room for Zac??

I would like to think so to free up Gilbert or Chips, but just who could be dropped?

IMO with Max in Zac out, he's doing ok but he's no Max

saintly
Saintsational Legend

ausfatcat wrote:

and i'm not sure but i don't think that should worry him, as it may be max's last season anyway and if keeps going the way he is he will be promoted onto the main list next season.

saintly
Saintsational Legend

ausfatcat wrote:

and i'm not sure but i don't think that should worry him, as it may be max's last season anyway and if keeps going the way he is he will be promoted onto the main list next season and be our full back for the next 5-7 years.

thirty-seven!?
Club Player

It would be nice to see young Zac make a point against Anthony Rocca in a few weeks tho! :)

marksnsparks
Club Player

Ideally, Tredders would be Max's bitch, but since that's not an option, Zac should have him. I know Fish kept Pavlova to one goal last week but there were times when the strength difference was all too plain to see. Fish is better utilised as an attacking half back.

saintbob
SS Life Member

Buckets wrote:His biggest test could well come this week against Port. One would suspect that it would be him or Sam Fisher to get the job on Tredrea and that would be tough considering that that he has booted 12 in the last 2 weeks, for a forward confidence goes along way!

You've got to remember Tredrea has kick his goals against 2 teams which are down on key defeders, I'm sure he won't have the same type of freedom this week.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

I hope Dawson gives Tredrea a hometown BATH.

And with our back six working so well as a team, Zac's every chance.

That's the difference. We are a TEAM. They are a stack of teal-stained individuals.

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

Zac should be given first opportunity, we need him to be able to take the best forward every week for when Max retires because we really don't have a lot more coming through.

Fisher can take Ebert and run off him because he is a very unaccountable player.

Blake needs to run with Chad IMO.

Gray and Motlop are the biggest worries for mine, I really don't know who to put on them. I wouldn't mind seeing Gilbert on Motlop but Gray is going to be a superstar IMO, I wouldn't mind seeing him get tagged by a Baker or McQualter.

I would hope that CJ goes on Boak, he is allowed too much freedom on the back flank and is possessions can often be damaging. (This is assuming that S.Burgoyne is out, if not CJ goes to him.)

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
InkerSaint
SS Hall of Fame

Zac shutting down Tredrea sure would make the news, wouldn't it?

Give him a couple of Bazza-style shepherds while you're at it Zac.

I am wondering if Port are a tad overrated. 3 and 1 is a good start but when the 3 are Essendon, Melbourne and the Hangover Hawks and the 1 is the Weagles...

If the Saints keep up their defensive work the Quackers will be found out.

Cityboy
Club Player

You make a lot of sense Armoooo
________
CALIFORNIA MDECIAL MARIJUANA DISPENSARIES