Nick Dal Santo on On the Couch tonight

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

marksnsparks wrote:
OLB wrote:He has that high, kinda breaking, tone in his voice which makes him sound a little nervous. He probably was a bit. I noticed him breathing a lot heavier (by looking at his chest) at the beginning of the interview and also after he referred to Ross as Grant. You just know Grant was at home having a bit of a chuckle about it.

He's a very well-spoken young man though, Dal. Seems like a real thinker.

Anyone know who the guest is on Classified?
Nick Maxwell was on classified. I hate to say it but he was impressive. Talk about intense and focussed! Pity about the rest of the whinging DUI riddled club...Neck was bright red...must be tough in front of camera for these young guys
There is nothing...NOTHING...good about Nick Maxwell. He is the whinging face of a whinging club...

Bloody Eddiewood.

vacuous space
SS Life Member

Thinline wrote:There is nothing...NOTHING...good about Nick Maxwell. He is the whinging face of a whinging club...
Maxwell didn't do much whinging last night. From where I sat he seemed to be sticking up for the umpires.

Yeah nah pleasing positive
marksnsparks
Club Player

Thinline wrote:
marksnsparks wrote:
OLB wrote:He has that high, kinda breaking, tone in his voice which makes him sound a little nervous. He probably was a bit. I noticed him breathing a lot heavier (by looking at his chest) at the beginning of the interview and also after he referred to Ross as Grant. You just know Grant was at home having a bit of a chuckle about it.

He's a very well-spoken young man though, Dal. Seems like a real thinker.

Anyone know who the guest is on Classified?
Nick Maxwell was on classified. I hate to say it but he was impressive. Talk about intense and focussed! Pity about the rest of the whinging DUI riddled club...Neck was bright red...must be tough in front of camera for these young guys
There is nothing...NOTHING...good about Nick Maxwell. He is the whinging face of a whinging club...

Bloody Eddiewood.
Now now, if we become one eyed we become just like them! We're better than that...

Save you loathing for someone who deserves it....Hall, Giansiracusa....

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

vacuous space wrote:
Aside from referring to his coach as 'Grant' I thought he looked very comfortable. He was very thoughtful and articulate. Represented the club well.

The main theme seemed to me to be that he and the group aren't really doing anything differently. Ross hasn't really changed his approach. It's just a matter of enthusiasm (particularly the tackling) and getting the results. My thought is getting the right personnel in there might be a help too. He was asked who was more important to his development - Grant or Ross - he ducked that a bit. He said they were very similar.

Dal said he doesn't read the press too much. Hird wrote an article about him on Saturday and he said he didn't see it. He said that the criticisms of him last year were probably valid, but it really hit home once he started hearing them from players and coaches. Chatted to Ross about what he was doing wrong. Riewoldt told him over summer that the club needs him to be a better player to go further. He hasn't changed the way he goes about it drastically, but he does feel he's been training harder and smarter.

They talked a bit about Kane Cornes. He agreed that Kane has had his measure for a while, as Port has had ours. He ducked the question about teammates blocking for him. Said that having a number of guys running through the middle helps. Mentioned that individual achievements come from everyone playing their team role. It didn't sound so boring when he said it.

He was also asked where Freo is at. Referred back to where St Kilda was at when he arrived at the club. Mentioned they're young and developing side so some of these things are to be expected.

Sheehan said Dal's probably between 8 and 10 Brownlow votes. I think he could be as high as 12. He's had an amazing start to the season. Let's hope he continues to play his role and we continue to get improved results.

And that's all I can remember. I hope that helps some of you who couldn't catch the interview.
thanks VS - great report.

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

I picked up on Nick Maxwell's neck. Turned red about halfway through his stay on telly. Seemed a decent young bloke for a Collingwood captain.

Mr X from the West
Club Player

vacuous space wrote:
Thinline wrote:There is nothing...NOTHING...good about Nick Maxwell. He is the whinging face of a whinging club...
Maxwell didn't do much whinging last night. From where I sat he seemed to be sticking up for the umpires.
He was anal. Looked like he hated every moment of it.

"Blow out the candle I will burn again tomorrow"
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Mr X from the West wrote:
vacuous space wrote:
I don't really care what he was like on TV. The guy's onfield conduct is indicative of a top to bottom culture of whinging at that place. I mean there's Eddie and Pert this week going public about essentially a private discussion with the umps, there's Malthouse cursing and fingerpointing at the umps during the game against Lions, there's Maxwell disputing everything that happens on the ground, and then there's seasoned, mature players on their list like Medhurst, Lockyer and O'Bree who sook up at the most inane things week in week out. Watch them. The squawk and bitch and moan and carry on like absolute monkeys. They are a disgrace to a great game, the lot of them. I am absolutely sick to death of that mob hijacking media space every week with nothing but self interested hot air about crap.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Sorry for temporarily pinching the thread. Had to blow off steam. Feel much better now. 8-)

remboy
SS Hall of Fame

Thinline wrote:
Mr X from the West wrote:
vacuous space wrote:
I don't really care what he was like on TV. The guy's onfield conduct is indicative of a top to bottom culture of whinging at that place. I mean there's Eddie and Pert this week going public about essentially a private discussion with the umps, there's Malthouse cursing and fingerpointing at the umps during the game against Lions, there's Maxwell disputing everything that happens on the ground, and then there's seasoned, mature players on their list like Medhurst, Lockyer and O'Bree who sook up at the most inane things week in week out. Watch them. The squawk and bitch and moan and carry on like absolute monkeys. They are a disgrace to a great game, the lot of them. I am absolutely sick to death of that mob hijacking media space every week with nothing but self interested hot air about crap.
Apart from that they're pretty good.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

OLB wrote:He just called Ross - Grant LOLOLOLOL

He's gone, get over it Dal. :roll:

not good dal.....

bit like calling your second missus by your first missus' name........ :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: .......bit of advice for the young guys........just call your missus, ...dear ..or mate....or if you are on the lookout to remarry......find one with the same name.... :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
SaintDebi
Club Player

Thanks for the info everyone. Wish I had foxtell. :(

stkfc_obsessed
Club Player

stinger wrote:.just call your missus, ...dear ..or mate....or if you are on the lookout to remarry......find one with the same name.... :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:
You call her mate you'll be looking for a new wife as well... If my boyfriend ever called me mate.. he'd be out of the house ASAP..

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:
Iceman234 wrote:
OLB wrote:He just called Ross - Grant LOLOLOLOL

He's gone, get over it Dal. :roll:
That was a golden faux pas... :lol:
you never forget your first one ... coach that is. :)
Sensational TV moment, won't forget that one for a while.

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

Thanks for that report Vacuous Space, I missed the interview :shock:

Your servants shall hold her stones dear, and have pity on her dust :shock:
MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

marksnsparks wrote:
Now now, if we become one eyed we become just like them! We're better than that...

Save your loathing for someone who deserves it....Hall, Giansiracusa....
.....Lovett, Bock :shock:

Your servants shall hold her stones dear, and have pity on her dust :shock: