Would you pay?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

Would you pay?

As you know, once again we have to put up witha delayed telecast of Friday nights game.
Just as a point of interest, Foxtel show the game live up north on their pay per view channel.
So if we could access that channel and watch it on a pay per view basis, would you pay to see the game live?
I actually believe I would, or I don't why Foxtel might offer that facility to clubs and pubs in Melbourne as they would certainly make some money out of it.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Nice idea..but Channel 7 would fight it with every fibre in their being. I have no doubt it would result in a spectacular fall in their ratings if there was an option anywhere to see it live in Vic.

The reason its live on pay in the northern (NRL) states is that Ch 7 dont really care how their telecast rates up there at 11pm or midnight. They only show it at all cos the AFL make them

Oh..dont know if its still the case with two games (one live) on a Friday night in Sytdney , but at one stage Ch 9 wouldnt allow live radio calls of their Fri night NRL games cos they thought it might dilute the ratings of their (delayed) coverage at 8.30.
Last edited by saint66au on Wed 22 Apr 2009 10:15pm, edited 1 time in total.

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
terry smith rules
SS Hall of Fame

it's on pay per view , but it is free to homes

one of the advantages of living interstate

with foxtel we get 7-8 games per week live

gotta love the footy

SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

Yes,

It's great to get Friday Night football live in Sydney, the only reason why I have Foxtel.

What does irk me however, is the Ch7 Sunday match. If the Swans or Lions are playing the Sunday afternoon on Foxtel, Ch7 will also show that match in the Northern markets, making me wait till 3:00am the next day. You'd think Foxtel would have it live somewhere, like on the Main Event channel, but that's usually showing wrestling. Even if Fox Sports do an earlier replays, it's still about three-to-four hours after the final siren. Thus I still resort to the radio on occasions, but that's when the internet comes in handy. :D

Until we have an administration that demands success and a playing group that bleeds for the guernsey, St. Kilda will just be a sh*tty football club.