'Lyon in the sand' turns Saints - The Age

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

kosifantutti23
SS Hall of Fame

'Lyon in the sand' turns Saints - The Age

http://www.theage.com.au/news/rfnews/ly ... 01793.html

Nice story.
COBURG onballer Nick Carnell was the first person to realise Nick Dal Santo's response to being dropped last year was just as St Kilda hoped it would be. Even though Carnell was tagging him at the time, it pleased him no end. "He worked his bum off all day — he tackled, did the one-percenters," recalls Carnell, 21. "I covered the most ground I've ever covered in a game, and I've done a bit of tagging in the last couple of years.

"The thing that struck me was his work-rate — he didn't go kick-chasing, he just did all the little things, went back to playing basic footy."

Carnell's team got thrashed by Casey Scorpions on that June afternoon, but like St Kilda he could see the bigger picture — or at least, the lifelong Saints fan in him could. "I was rapt the way he approached it, his whole attitude."

Shades
Club Player

fair

BAM! (shhhh)
SS Hall of Fame

Lifelong Saints fan tagging Dal - that would have been an experience to remember! :)

"Everything comes to he who hustles while he waits"
- Henry Ford