CONGRATS.......Moorabbin Wing !!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

CONGRATS.......Moorabbin Wing !!

I made one of my rare pilgramiges up to the wing yesterday and what a pleasant surprise I received. It was an away game for us but you wouldn't have noticed. Almost all of bays 35-36 were a sea of RED, WHITE & BLACK.

Well Done to saint66au, sonof66, wizsteppa and everyone connected with getting people there early enough to "HOLD" seats for others. A truly fantastic effort. That good infact that I am going to allow saint66au and anyone else to buy me a drink next Monday night :lol: !!

snoopygirl
SS Life Member

Last time I save you a seat. Don't even get a mention in the credits. :x :wink:

SaintDebi
Club Player

Yep. As a first time visitor to the Moorabbin Wing yesterday I have to say it lived up to expectations. It was great to have the chance to really meet and see people I've been chatting to on SS. Snoopygirl and saints66au in particular, it was great to say hi.
For anyone who has ever thought about cheering the boys on from the MW, I highly recommend that you do. The atmosphere up there is what going to the footy should be.

fingers
Saintsational Legend

Once again I would like to publicly thank Snoopygirl for saving me a seat ;)

snoopygirl
SS Life Member

Guys, guys, guys, stop embarrassing me. I would do anything (almost) for a fellow Sainter. It's just that bloody Eastern who hasn't bothered to acknowledge my seat saving efforts for him. :lol:

fingers
Saintsational Legend

Once again I would like to publicly thank Snoopygirl for saving me a seat ;) :lol:

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

I would like to publicly thank snoopygirl for saving me a seat........................................on the train after the game, which is a far more arduous task than anything the MW can throw up. Someone will die at Southern Cross before they split up the Frankston and Pakenham lines onto seperate platforms after Saints games. Un-fricking-believeable

Id also like to publicly thank fingers for somehow stashing the biggest motorbike helmet ive ever seen somewhere where I didnt trip over it all night. No mean feat with the capacious legroom they give you on L3

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Nattens
Club Player

saint66au wrote:Someone will die at Southern Cross before they split up the Frankston and Pakenham lines onto seperate platforms after Saints games. Un-fricking-believeable
It will happen one day. Hope can only hope that when it does it ain't a saints supporter that gones onto tracks ;) Thankfully this year the AOs stop people from coming down the escalators when the platform reaches crush capacity otherwise it would've been much worse on the platform.

Unfortunately the way the tracks are laid out it's very difficult to split the Frankston line trains from the Dandenong line trains.

Probably should've come and joined you and snoopygirl on teh train, was a pretty boring ride down to Ormond wedged against a door.

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

Moorabbin Wing is my spiritual home.

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

fingers wrote:Once again I would like to publicly thank Snoopygirl for saving me & EASTERN a seat ;)
:oops: :oops: :lol: :wink: !!

snoopygirl
SS Life Member

Too late Eastern. :D

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

I think I heard this morning that SAmorgan was saying they only had 14,000 turn up?

( was very early this morning)

If thats the case
Good on Sainters for turning out about 20,000 to a non Home game

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:I think I heard this morning that SAmorgan was saying they only had 14,000 turn up?

If thats the case
Yeah, I thought we outnumbered them. Definately did on the wing

Three of ours to two of theirs AT THEIR HOME GAME is significant. Lets hope the club reminds the AFL and the broadcasters of this when making our submission for the 2010 fixture !!

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:I think I heard this morning that SAmorgan was saying they only had 14,000 turn up?

If thats the case
I think the 14000 you heard was the crowd at the previous weeks twilight game..Smorgon made mention of that in an interview in the paper this morning. He also mentioned that it will be a month before the crowd numbers are "audited" and the breakdown of members/cash payers is known

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

twas indeed saint66au
the report obviously just took some from several sections of the article.
http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/rfnews ... 01753.html
While the second Sunday twilight match in Melbourne this year produced the best ratings result this season for broadcaster Fox Sport — the first, between Melbourne and Adelaide, drew a crowd of just 14,129 and rated poorly — Smorgon said fans had again voted with their feet.

A crowd of 36,302 attended Etihad Stadium to watch the match between the first and fourth teams on the ladder after the AFL, which is typically conservative when it forecasts crowds, said it was expecting an attendance in the low 40,000s.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Badlands
Club Player

I didn't want to start a new thread with what is a fairly insignificant question - but I'm not from Melbourne, or Victoria for that matter but I will be flying down from Canberra for Saints v Carlton on June 12 which will be my first 'live' game of the season (usually try to get to 2/3 a year).

Amongst my friends I do not have a single saints supporter so no chance of convincing someone to fork out the expense of travelling down with me for the game - so my question is - how does one who is not a member go about selecting a seat that will place me in the general vicinity of at least a majority of saints supporters?

I've sat on all three levels at the Dome and am not overly fussed about which level, but when you're there on your own and don't know anyone, you at least want to be with some of the st kilda faithful rather than find yourself in the midst of some redneck opposition supporters (as was sadly the case at last year's prelim).

Anyway - grateful for any advice. cheers.

"I'm in the middle of a long conversation with my audience. It'll be a lifelong journey for both of us by the time we're done." - Bruce Springsteen.
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Badlands wrote:I didn't want to start a new thread with what is a fairly insignificant question - but I'm not from Melbourne, or Victoria for that matter but I will be flying down from Canberra for Saints v Carlton on June 12 which will be my first 'live' game of the season (usually try to get to 2/3 a year).

Amongst my friends I do not have a single saints supporter so no chance of convincing someone to fork out the expense of travelling down with me for the game - so my question is - how does one who is not a member go about selecting a seat that will place me in the general vicinity of at least a majority of saints supporters?

I've sat on all three levels at the Dome and am not overly fussed about which level, but when you're there on your own and don't know anyone, you at least want to be with some of the st kilda faithful rather than find yourself in the midst of some redneck opposition supporters (as was sadly the case at last year's prelim).

Even thoughh its an away game, the Moorabbin Wing will be operating. Level 3, Aisle 35...even playing the Blues you are assured of being pretty much surrounded by Saints. Dont feel shy coming alone...you'll feel at home in no time!!

The only proviso is that you leave your inhibitions at home and bring a fully-charged voice box ready to yell your lungs out. We are a far cry from the jewellry-rattlers on Level 2 8-)

Our only Friday night game in Melbourne (and our last for the year full-stop) ...bound to be a big night

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
saint vince
Club Player

What about on Monday night is there any chance of sitting with saints fans. I am probably going to go on my own?

Saint Bev
SS Life Member

Badlands wrote:I didn't want to start a new thread with what is a fairly insignificant question - but I'm not from Melbourne, or Victoria for that matter but I will be flying down from Canberra for Saints v Carlton on June 12 which will be my first 'live' game of the season (usually try to get to 2/3 a year).

Thats simple, buy a membership.

Qld Saints Supporter Group
Badlands
Club Player

Saint Bev wrote:
Thats simple, buy a membership.
Thanks Bev - I'm not sure it's that simple for me though? I go through the membership brochure every year but as much as I'd love to call myself a member and to support the club, the reality is that there isn't really a package (that I'm aware of?) that could accommodate my needs. I check out the interstate package every year but am just not sure i could justify it. Are you an interstate member? As one who doesn't have a car, any game i attend already includes 2 flights + a night's accommodation which cripples the budget somewhat on top of the mortgage and everything else, and I just can't afford to fork out the money on top of that for a membership package that in all likelihood will be under-utilised. I try to get to 2/3 games a year. Usually it's at pretty short notice depending on work commitments, and I am unable to plan far ahead which games i attend in a given year. Sometimes I only make it to one game.

saint66au wrote:
Even thoughh its an away game, the Moorabbin Wing will be operating. Level 3, Aisle 35...even playing the Blues you are assured of being pretty much surrounded by Saints. Dont feel shy coming alone...you'll feel at home in no time!!

The only proviso is that you leave your inhibitions at home and bring a fully-charged voice box ready to yell your lungs out. We are a far cry from the jewellry-rattlers on Level 2 8-)

Our only Friday night game in Melbourne (and our last for the year full-stop) ...bound to be a big night
cheers saint66 - will check this out. Just can't wait to get down there for a game.

"I'm in the middle of a long conversation with my audience. It'll be a lifelong journey for both of us by the time we're done." - Bruce Springsteen.
saint75
SS Hall of Fame

Badlands wrote:
saint66au wrote:t's that simple for me though? I go through the membership brochure every year but as much as I'd love to call myself a member and to support the club, the reality is that there isn't really a package (that I'm aware of?) that could accommodate my needs. I check out the interstate package every year but am just not sure i could justify it. Are you an interstate member? As one who doesn't have a car, any game i attend already includes 2 flights + a night's accommodation which cripples the budget somewhat on top of the mortgage and everything else, and I just can't afford to fork out the money on top of that for a membership package that in all likelihood will be under-utilised. I try to get to 2/3 games a year. Usually it's at pretty short notice depending on work commitments, and I am unable to plan far ahead which games i attend in a given year. Sometimes I only make it to one game.

saint66au wrote:
Yep, there is a package that is tailored for what you are after. It is the Saints Sideline. Only $55 a year. Read more about it here:

http://www.sainters.net/proof/09flip/index.html

Remember, every little bit helps! If you sign up now, you may be able to enter that game you are coming to see for free and sit up with the fellow Sainters on level 3 as you get entry to one game for free.