Mini's goal celebration

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Badlands
Club Player

Mini's goal celebration

Was picked up on a ch. 7 replay. Crossed the arms to make an 'x'. Not like the handcuffs signal BJ copped a rap over. Guess we'll find out the significance of this in due course, but my first thought was that it might be a tribute to xavier given the torrid, torrid time the x-man has had of it lately.

"I'm in the middle of a long conversation with my audience. It'll be a lifelong journey for both of us by the time we're done." - Bruce Springsteen.
Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

Seems likely - awesome if so :D

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
S.A Saint
Club Player

Re: Mini's goal celebration

Badlands wrote:Was picked up on a ch. 7 replay. Crossed the arms to make an 'x'. Not like the handcuffs signal BJ copped a rap over. Guess we'll find out the significance of this in due course, but my first thought was that it might be a tribute to xavier given the torrid, torrid time the x-man has had of it lately.
yea listening the the radio brownless said it was in support of x who done his knee

BakesFan
SS Life Member

Hey was indicating, "No Deal!!" to any Gold Coast offers to our players. :wink:

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.(Eleanor Roosevelt)
Gabba
SS Hall of Fame

BakesFan wrote:Hey was indicating, "No Deal!!" to any Gold Coast offers to our players. :wink:
My first thought was "No Deal!"

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

If Mini keeps this up we might have to re-name him Maxi :wink:

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

S.A Saint wrote:
Badlands wrote:Was picked up on a ch. 7 replay. Crossed the arms to make an 'x'. Not like the handcuffs signal BJ copped a rap over. Guess we'll find out the significance of this in due course, but my first thought was that it might be a tribute to xavier given the torrid, torrid time the x-man has had of it lately.
yea listening the the radio brownless said it was in support of x who done his knee
that's a wonderful touch

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

If for X.Clarke

He is a Top Man......

felixleo
Club Player

Buckets told me it was a mothers day message thanking his mum for the hot cross buns at easter.

Are you gonna be the one?
saintDal
Club Player

He said on MMM it was a tribute to X.

BAM! (shhhh)
SS Hall of Fame

As good a pl;ace as any.

Kudos to Mini for a fantastic soldier's effort of a game tonight.

The statsheet may only say 14 touches, but 8 of those came in a contest, every one hit their target, he kicked 2 goals and set up another, won 3 free kicks for tackles catching his opponent holding the ball, and threw 9 tackles in to help the statman see some value.

That's as much as you can ask for in the way of forward pressure. Mini's game in support of the big guns exemplefies why the Saints are flying, great to see him rewarded with a couple of goals.

"Everything comes to he who hustles while he waits"
- Henry Ford
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Awww, thats really sweet :D

Richter
SS Life Member

Agree Bam, I was really impressed with mini tonight.

Having said that it says something about the quality of the effort from all the boys that I don't even put him in our top ten for the night.

A truly excellent TEAM effort.

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
SaintDebi
Club Player

S.A Saint wrote:
If so, I'm impresssed. Playing for each other and supporting your team mates gives a certain strength to a side.

saintsrus
SS Hall of Fame

it was a handcuff gesture to the pies supporters who were allowed out of jail for a day leave :)

Before Im 85
hotdish
Club Player

He has become a bit of a goal machine, chipping in with 1 or 2 goals a game!

12 months ago - who would have thought!

fonz_#15
SS Life Member

this kid has become a vital cog in our machine.

really admire the way he goes about it

Robert Harvey- Simply the best
loris
Saintsational Legend

He also did it for the cameras when they were in the huddle in the rooms singing their victory song "Oh when the Saints.........". He made the X sign with his fingers as the camera panned around the players singing.

BAM! (shhhh)
SS Hall of Fame

Richter wrote:Agree Bam, I was really impressed with mini tonight.

Having said that it says something about the quality of the effort from all the boys that I don't even put him in our top ten for the night.

A truly excellent TEAM effort.
Yeah, that's exactly why I'm so impressed.

It's obviously impressive to see Dal and Joey in the role of gamebreakers racking up 38 touches, or Fisher, Gilbert and Goddard tasked with defense and playmaking shred the opposition...

But to see a guy who's clearly in a role which doesn't come with glory attached come and execute that so well it's hard not to notice is where play as impressive as that we've seen thus far in '09 comes from.

Best game for the club.

"Everything comes to he who hustles while he waits"
- Henry Ford
rexy
SS Life Member

Very happy wih Minis form over the last 9 months or so, has been working very hard both ways and is an under rated runner from both an endurance and pace point of view.

Am getting a little frustrated by the constant amazement at his form though. He is a first round draft pick and it is a shame that it has taken this long for him to stand up and give the type of effort needed to be an AFL player.

When he debuted in Tassie he played an OK game but was dropped to make way for a returning senior player the following week. At the time GT said he thought it would be the last time Andrew was ever dropped for form in his career. How wrong he was, nearly got dropped off the list altogether.

Well done on getting it together mini but let this be a lesson to young players, talent alone will not get you a career.

Maybe this year?