BUCKLEY

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintjake
Club Player

BUCKLEY

did anyone watch the game on telly?
buckely constantly talked up collingwood
"still going strong, really putting it to st.kilda"
he said all the saint kilda players behind the ball were breathing heavily due to the collingwood pressure
WHAT PRESSURE
more due to how hard we were running
get your hand off it buckley you wanker.

Russman
Club Player

yep ,
see my headline for the headliness thread tomorrow.
at 3/4 time he was going on about rocca and cloke making great position on the forward line.

Do , or Do not , There is no try.
Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

Why waste you time and good bandwith by creating a thread on this FIGJAM :evil: :evil: :evil:
Last edited by Devilhead on Mon 11 May 2009 11:50pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

As mentioned in another post, the guy barracks when he should be commentating. It is pathetic, childish, boring and completely inapporopriate.

But what can do?

saintjake
Club Player

he angers me so much
when its not a collingwood game
is is an encyclopedia of knowledge.
but when the pies are playing he is so biased.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

One other thing I wanted to say...

One of the really TERRIBLE things about rugby union coverage on Fox is the fact that the Austrlian commentators are so ridiculously one-eyed that it detracts from the spectacle. To the contrary the the S African and NZ commenators are generally fantastic.

One of the GREAT DISTINGUISHING things about AFL commentary is that bias is generally given a wide berth...Except for Buckley... Fine when not Pies. Otherwise he should not be there.

From a philosophical point of view, the code is letting itself down BADLY if it stoops to the level of other sports in this regard...

stinger
Saintsational Legend

interesting perspective from filth forum

"Author Message
1eyedpie Virgo

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 10:28 pm
Post subject: Channel 7 Commentary
Was it just me or was Commetti And Bruce really rubbing our faces (Magpie supporters) in it tonight?

I normally can tolerate Commetti but tonight has done it for me. Thank god for Bux & Leathal to put a bit of equality back into the call. No more ch7 for me I'll be turning down the sound and listening to the radio from now on!"

flower me....
:roll: :roll: :roll:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
TriColourDisciple
Club Player

Buckley was extremely peeved when Reiwoldt was awarded a free after a brilliant tackle 45 out from goal.
He whinged about it just as a 'supporter' would.

Proudly Brainwashed since 1972
backit
Club Player

Is Buckley auditioning for the Collingwood coaching job or what, talking up Cloke and Rocca as having good games tonite. Collingwood matched us for 20 minutes by his own admission, still harping on about missing their top 4 forwards.

He said we still hadn't beaten anyone, we will find out in August how we are going. Funny I thought Port was 3rd when we beat them, didn't the bulldogs finish third last year, aren't some of the teams we beat so far equal to the teams on the eight at the moment.

It is enjoyable to be able to watch an after the game show up here in the NT even if it includes a bias opinion from Buckley.

Russman
Club Player

Did you here after the game Lethal pulled Buckley up on the Travis Cloke thing. Lethal bascilly said cloke was nowhere to be seen :lol:

Do , or Do not , There is no try.
SteveStevens66
Club Player

He was a disgrace. No right to be there and just further evidence of AFL footy and conflicts of interest/jobs for the boys. Corrupt as all get out.

But St.Kilda made him make a fool of himself.

Carna Saints!!!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Sounded ok to me. Played 250 games for the side. Surely he is going to have some bias. Why is he corrupt because he barracks for a side. One of the best special commentators going around and if the Saints werent playing hardly anyone would have noticed. Guys we won by 80 points. Who cares. Some people are never happy unless they have a complaint. Yes and complain about this post as well if you like at least you will consistant.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Sounded ok to me. Played 250 games for the side. Surely he is going to have some bias. Why is he corrupt because he barracks for a side. One of the best special commentators going around and if the Saints werent playing hardly anyone would have noticed. Guys we won by 80 points. Who cares. Some people are never happy unless they have a complaint. Yes and complain about this post as well if you like at least you will consistant.
I'm complaining about this post!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Sounded ok to me. Played 250 games for the side. Surely he is going to have some bias. Why is he corrupt because he barracks for a side. One of the best special commentators going around and if the Saints werent playing hardly anyone would have noticed. Guys we won by 80 points. Who cares. Some people are never happy unless they have a complaint. Yes and complain about this post as well if you like at least you will consistant.
great post plugger, i agree completely.

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

Russman wrote:Did you here after the game Lethal pulled Buckley up on the Travis Cloke thing. Lethal bascilly said cloke was nowhere to be seen :lol:
Yes, which is why I have always regarded Lethal Leigh at the best commentator of all time. He is straight and articulate and knowledgeable. And he was as a coach too. No BS.

Buckley's night was not his best and much of the criticism of his performance is justified. However, he has been much better in other games. I suppose it is very hard letting go your club after all the years. I'm sure he reconsider his performance and do better next time. When Leigh pulled him up it was the master saying to the apprentice - no, this is the way you do it.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

The complaint is about his commentary and nothing else.

He could have played 700 games for Freo for all I care. Biased commentary is extremely irritating. Not good enough.

SaintDebi
Club Player

I thought he really talked up the Saints as well, but in a way that made it a premeditated excuse for when Collingwood lost.

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

TBH I thought he was the most balanced of the lot last night, I think it was his co-commentators that were really placing emphasis on Collingwood 'taking it up to St Kilda'....

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
goodie
Club Player

stinger wrote:interesting perspective from filth forum

"Author Message
1eyedpie Virgo

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 10:28 pm
Post subject: Channel 7 Commentary
Was it just me or was Commetti And Bruce really rubbing our faces (Magpie supporters) in it tonight?

I normally can tolerate Commetti but tonight has done it for me. Thank god for Bux & Leathal to put a bit of equality back into the call. No more ch7 for me I'll be turning down the sound and listening to the radio from now on!"

flower me....
:roll: :roll: :roll:
How long do you think before this rocket scientist realises that won't work with a delayed telecast?

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

Hahahah, good call mate.

It's funny how people seem to hear what they want to hear isn't it.

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
jay young
Club Player

You think hes biased try living in adel and tune in to 5aa and here kg rowey cornes mcdermott ebert rucci call and comment crow and power games . Its so good to hurt collingwood they can shove their anzac day . oh by the way next year dont watch the anzac day game snub it . the afl should have it as a knock out comp , the winner gets to play it again with a new opponent the following year.

Marcus1232
Club Player

Buckley was no more biased than eddie, rohan smith ect.

And Anzac day i think should be the top 2 victorian sides from the previous year battling it out.

3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

Isn't obvious, he's not going to criticise the team he is going to coach next year, doesn't want to upset his surrogate father Eddie.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
widereceiver
Club Player

Biased, sure, but nowhere near as obnoxious as Tim Lane and Robert Walls. Those Carlton barrackers only referred to the Frockers when they had to on Sat. night.

Buckley has been one of the first to acknowledge the Saints this year, warming seats for all the others in the media who said the window was closed.

"Winning's not everything, it's the ONLY thing!" Vince Lombardi.
Sam Gilbert #1 booster - always on the attack!!!
Win more for Winmar
Loyal
Club Player

perfectionist wrote:When Leigh pulled him up it was the master saying to the apprentice - no, this is the way you do it.
:lol:

"you can be yourself nathan and you can be a big man aswell"
-LM.