Leigh Matthews comment

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

maz1685
Club Player

Leigh Matthews comment

Hey, don't really post here that much, but do read a lot. Just curious, did anyone else hear Leigh Matthews comment last night after the game, he said something along the lines of 'Everyone seems to forget that St Kilda make teams look awful', words to that effect. I'm just glad that someone finally came out and said it.

markp
Saintsational Legend

I agree... but then I also struggle to wrap my head around how well we are playing at the moment, it must be harder for the casual observer.

I just love when we have our 'sleeper-hold' quarters, and the opposition don't score a goal.... love it.

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

As said elsewhere. Leigh Matthews is a straight shooter, no BS. He tends to tell the awful truth regardless of reputations. Best in the business.

bigred
Saintsational Legend

I've been saying we make decent sides look rubbish since round three.

Great minds think alike :P

I'm sure you all agree..

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
stinger
Saintsational Legend

perfectionist wrote:As said elsewhere. Leigh Matthews is a straight shooter, no BS. He tends to tell the awful truth regardless of reputations. Best in the business.

yep......best footballer ever....one of the best coaches...if not the best ..in a generation.....and one of the best commentators......

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

Was good Lethal was commentating to occasionally splash some reality on buckley's constant trumpet blowing (although somewhat muted) for the pies!

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

He's a very good commentator, as is Buckley. They work really well in special comments together.

Having said that, I wasn't pleased when Buckley said Dawson looked a bit nervous against Hall in R1 when actually he toweled him up. Having said that, the praise for great Zac - from Buckley and others - has been flowing thick and fast since.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

loris
Saintsational Legend

Mathews has been pretty impresses by Zac Dawson.... during the commentary he kept repeating what a great effort Dawson has done this year and the Saints for giving him the chance.

Leigh seemed really chuffed by Zac and his efforts. Obviously Leigh puts a lot of value on players that can come back from the depths..... says alot about their spirit & attitude......something Leathal had plenty of.

Well done Zac and also Leigh for giving him loads of credit.

python
Club Player

[quote]Having said that, I wasn't pleased when Buckley said Dawson looked a bit nervous against Hall in R1 when actually he toweled him up. Having said that, the praise for great Zac - from Buckley and others - has been flowing thick and fast since.[/quote]

i dont think it was buckley who said that in rd one, i think ch. 10 had the swans game, so i couldnt be him if im right

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

python wrote:
Having said that, I wasn't pleased when Buckley said Dawson looked a bit nervous against Hall in R1 when actually he toweled him up. Having said that, the praise for great Zac - from Buckley and others - has been flowing thick and fast since.
i dont think it was buckley who said that in rd one, i think ch. 10 had the swans game, so i couldnt be him if im right
Yes Channel Ten had the game and Foxtel had Collingwood V Adelaide and Brisbane V WCE on the Saturday

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
kosifantutti23
SS Hall of Fame

python wrote:
Which just proves Everton's point. Someone who said that couldn't have possibly seen the game.

Furtius Quo Rdelious
hAyES
Club Player

I'm pretty sure it was Buckley that said it because I remember thinking it was an odd thing to say considering he'd beaten him comprehensively.

starsign
Club Player

yep great insight Lethal ! and I cant help thinking seriously that there's gotta be a connection with the fact that these teams all win the following week (though I'm buggered to know now why I haven't been automatically picking them)....did we make them look so terrible, did it embarass ?.. or sting them into action? .... or did they all go to school on the way we went about it pressure wise, etc
perhaps all of the above eh?
they all seem now to know what to expect though, (evidently the Dogs in particular were drilled beforehand) but so far to no avail
Long may it continue, but I really think as long as we can keep it up , most sides haven't got the physicallity throughout their entire 22 to cope for 4 quarters with the stuff we seem now able to consistantly dish up