Loved the Denis Commetti comment

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

loris
Saintsational Legend

Loved the Denis Commetti comment

"Jason Blake - he's like a swiss army knife, he can do just about everything you want....." or words to that effect.

Gotta love the Blake :P :P :P :lol: :lol: :lol:

roxanne
Club Player

I loved that too...I enjoy it when Jason Blake gets his due recognition.
Happens too rarely.

"He spoke of his stride, his power and his willingness to push himself to exhaustion. All of the things that are on display each weekend in the No 12 jumper" Garry Lyon
perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

Yep. And the comment at half time :

"...St Kilda took Collingwood's best punch, and laughed at it!"

St.Damo's Fire
Club Player

perfectionist wrote:Yep. And the comment at half time :

Absolute GOLD.....I pissed myself for about 5 minutes when I heard that :D :D

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Re: Loved the Denis Commetti comment

loris wrote:"Jason Blake - he's like a swiss army knife, he can do just about everything you want....." or words to that effect.

As I recall the quote was "he does lots of things very well"..which sounds as good if not better anyway lol

Lovin' the Blake..the days of the "space cadet" jeers from the stands are long gone :-)

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

I think it was, "Jason Blake, he's like a Swiss army knife. There are lots of things he does well"
Whatever, it was a good comment and a reflection of how Blake has evolved into a genuinely valuable player.

battye
Saintsational Legend

Re: Loved the Denis Commetti comment

loris wrote:"Jason Blake - he's like a swiss army knife, he can do just about everything you want....." or words to that effect.

He probably wrote it down in his notebook about 6 months ago... just waiting for an opportune time. :lol:

Feature article: KFC's "Double Down" burger!

TV Ratings: Hey Hey It's Saturday ratings overview

Do you know what C# is? .NET? Then you need to know this: XSD
St.Damo's Fire
Club Player

and another Commettism from the game....

"Gardiner, he's playing well, certainly around the ground anyway, he was like a dinosaur a few weeks ago, but he is very careful with the ball....he's no turnasoverRex if ya know what I mean."

Pure gold!

InkerSaint
SS Hall of Fame

I reckon that was aimed at the ridiculous one-sided drivel coming from Buckley. Bet that one stuck in his craw.

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

InkerSaint wrote:

I reckon that was aimed at the ridiculous one-sided drivel coming from Buckley. Bet that one stuck in his craw.
Strongly disagree, I think he was just looking for a laugh to make up for his lack of genuine football knowledge.

Also Buckley was excellent IMO, one of the least bias commentators I've seen.

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

I am suing Cometti
he stole the quote from Saintsational
what is plagiarism worth nowadays?
http://www.saintsational.com/forum/view ... ife#602387

Seeya
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

sunsaint wrote:I am suing Cometti
holy moly Sunsaint. You can remember what you posted in July last year. Amazing.

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

st.byron wrote:
holy moly Sunsaint. You can remember what you posted in July last year. Amazing.
My post count is only 1/3 of yours, so it means my brain capacity is only being utilised 33% of the time

Seeya
loris
Saintsational Legend

Armoooo wrote:
Strongly disagree, I think he was just looking for a laugh to make up for his lack of genuine football knowledge
I think you'll find he has quite a football pedigree...played at first grade level and I think ( I sure native WA's will be able to help me out here) he was coach of a WAFL team, not sure which one. This was all before I was a resident of this State, so I may be wrong...but don't think so.

bungiton
SS Life Member

not sure about a playing capacity but he did coach West Perth for a season or two!

I'm sorry, you've gone through all the trouble to find out what this actually says and it really is quite insignificant.
GrumpyOne

bungiton wrote:not sure about a playing capacity but he did coach West Perth for a season or two!
Wikipedia:
Cometti played 40 matches for West Perth. His best year in the WANFL was 1968 when he kicked over 60 goals playing for West Perth under Graham Farmer. In 1971 Cometti made the senior list at Footscray but due to injuries and media commitments was unable to make a mark and did not play a VFL senior match.[1][2]

On his return to Perth he played with some success in the Sunday Football League. He initially played for Wanneroo before moving leading Maddington as captain-coach to four successive grand finals, winning premierships in 1974, 1975 and 1976. After hanging up his boots he later coached Osborne Park and Kelmscott, winning a premiership in 1979.[3]

In 1982 Cometti was appointed coach of West Perth. After finishing third in his first year, his tenure at West Perth was otherwise uneventful, finishing sixth in both 1983 and 1984.[4] Other than a brief period as Chairman of Selectors at the West Coast Eagles, this was Cometti's last active involvement in club football.

loris
Saintsational Legend

Thanks bungi...thought I'd heard that many years ago........ I know it was some time ago when he used to be a cricket commentator on ABC radio....many, many moons ago. He was a very good on cricket, could waffle on and keep one entertained with cricket stories when rain held up play. I was so disappointed when he deflected to the commercial media and his cricketing days were gone, I was hoping he would take over from Alan McGilvery....but not to be. It was then I heard about his coaching career.... I must have dreamt the playing bit though :? .

How you going bungi my dear love? When are we going to see you at the Karalee??

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote:I think it was, "Jason Blake, he's like a Swiss army knife. There are lots of things he does well"
Whatever, it was a good comment and a reflection of how Blake has evolved into a genuinely valuable player.
Just watched teh replay again.

The comment was 'Jason Blake, he's like a Swiss Army Knife. He does so many things well'.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:
st.byron wrote:I think it was, "Jason Blake, he's like a Swiss army knife. There are lots of things he does well"
Just watched teh replay again.

The comment was 'Jason Blake, he's like a Swiss Army Knife. He does so many things well'.

thanks mate....that's what i thought he said......

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

interesting posts just under there.....on jason blake......go have a look....

......i'm with mischa........the crap heaped on blake by some on this forum was beyond belief.......the same posters haven't ever admitted they were wrong and i presume are still waiting for blake to commit a cardinal sin to save face for them........ :roll: :roll: :roll:
Last edited by stinger on Wed 13 May 2009 7:24pm, edited 1 time in total.

loris
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:

......i'm with mischa........the crap heaped on blake by some on this forum was beyond believe.......the same posters haven't ever admitted they were wrong and i presume are still waiting for blake to commit a cardinal sin to save face for them........ :roll: :roll: :roll:
yep and now that type of poster is sweating on James Gwilt to make a fumble under pressure and highlight it as the greatest sin in football and that he hasn't got a footbal brain and needs to be dropped etc, etc ad nauseum.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

loris wrote:
stinger wrote:

......i'm with mischa........the crap heaped on blake by some on this forum was beyond believe.......the same posters haven't ever admitted they were wrong and i presume are still waiting for blake to commit a cardinal sin to save face for them........ :roll: :roll: :roll:
yep and now that type of poster is sweating on James Gwilt to make a fumble under pressure and highlight it as the greatest sin in football and that he hasn't got a footbal brain and needs to be dropped etc, etc ad nauseum.
Interesting point, there has been a lot of negative posts about Gwilt of late. Hopefully they will all be proven wrong, once again.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

loris wrote:
stinger wrote:

......i'm with mischa........the crap heaped on blake by some on this forum was beyond belief.......the same posters haven't ever admitted they were wrong and i presume are still waiting for blake to commit a cardinal sin to save face for them........ :roll: :roll: :roll:
spot on loris as usual......bet you can remember our teams of 71-72 too.......

loris
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
spot on loris as usual......bet you can remember our teams of 71-72 too.......
Some wonderful memories of an excellent Sainters TEAM them days.......but I've expunged all memory of the bl@@dy Dorks from my brain...too painful :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Griggsy
SS Life Member

GrumpyOne wrote:
bungiton wrote:not sure about a playing capacity but he did coach West Perth for a season or two!
Wikipedia:
Cometti played 40 matches for West Perth. His best year in the WANFL was 1968 when he kicked over 60 goals playing for West Perth under Graham Farmer. In 1971 Cometti made the senior list at Footscray but due to injuries and media commitments was unable to make a mark and did not play a VFL senior match.[1][2]

On his return to Perth he played with some success in the Sunday Football League. He initially played for Wanneroo before moving leading Maddington as captain-coach to four successive grand finals, winning premierships in 1974, 1975 and 1976. After hanging up his boots he later coached Osborne Park and Kelmscott, winning a premiership in 1979.[3]

In 1982 Cometti was appointed coach of West Perth. After finishing third in his first year, his tenure at West Perth was otherwise uneventful, finishing sixth in both 1983 and 1984.[4] Other than a brief period as Chairman of Selectors at the West Coast Eagles, this was Cometti's last active involvement in club football.
learn something new every day. Never knew anything about his football history and I follow West Perth.