Bet no one predicted this

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

Bet no one predicted this

I looked at the draw for this year and I got to say I would have been happy at 5 & 2.

Would have penciled in wins against Swans, Eagles, Dockers but would have had question marks against Adelaide and Port Adelaide in Adeliade, Bulldogs and last nights opponents.

I also bet that if someone had told us that we would be 7 zip and that Gwilt, McQualter, Jones, Geary and Zac had played every game plus that Raph, X, Goose and Max had only a 1/2 game between them, we would have said that they were dreaming.

But here we are, not only are we winning, we are smashing and it is no non sense football and basic football, simple rule, deny the opposition the ball and if does have it, harass and tackle hard.

In 04 we were exciting to watch, so far in 09 we might not have the same flair as 04, but we are awesome to watch and teams are worried, because right now it is very difficult to try and come up with a game plan to attack us.

If someone wants to beat us, they have to beat us at our own game.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Re: Bet no one predicted this

3rd generation saint wrote:If someone wants to beat us, they have to beat us at our own game.
and no-one, except maybe geelong, is as tough, hard-bodied, mature and talented as us.

Beekay
SS Life Member

What do you mean maybe Geelong?

Get a grip ffs ! :lol: