Timid - The Man behind the Saint's Current Success !!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Bowey Boy
Club Player

Timid - The Man behind the Saint's Current Success !!

Timid - I takes off my hat to ya...without you at the helm we would not have got all those early draft picks. Great coaching !!

Actually I thought it was really the playing of rejects that allowed us to bottom out. Also cannot think of that many kids that have kicked on that came to us in 1999 and 2000. I think that Bakes, Hayes, Blake all played their first games but not sure exactly when they arrived.

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/ ... 72,00.html

Saints - Tim Watson's super legacy

Kevin Sheedy | May 13, 2009 12:00am

POOR old Timmy Watson doesn't get much credit for his time at St Kilda.

More than any former coach he seems unwilling to talk about his years at the helm.

But I ask you the question now - where would St Kilda be without Watson's willingness to play the kids as St Kilda came last in 2000?

It reaped St Kilda a pair of twin towers in Justin Koschitzke and Nick Riewoldt through that year's draft, one a SuperCoach star and one a SuperCoach bargain.

That pair is just the start of the reasons why St Kilda is flying, and most Saints are racking up such massive SuperCoach tallies.

Look at Monday night's totals, for instance: Nick Dal Santo with 152, Leigh Montagna 149, Riewoldt 142 and Lenny Hayes 129.

In all, nine of them notched 100 points, including Sam Gilbert, who not only beat Travis Cloke but got the even three figures in the process.

I have spoken about Brendon Goddard before, but he just keeps impressing.

We picked him to play for Australia in the International Rules series, and he didn't play that well early on. He just worked so hard to fire back and become a better player and did a huge amount of work with Danny Frawley and Gerard Healy.

With the round ball it is not an easy game to get right, but he not only performed, he won over my son and daughter as the best bloke on the trip.

Sheedy's Superstars hit a hurdle on the weekend, smashed by Herald Sun journo Jon Ralph.

It was a 250-point walloping, but that's what happens when Jared Petrenko logs 21 points, Jack Riewoldt can only muster 34 and Travis Tuck and Daniel Rich fail to break 50.

As it happened, the major worry of the week for most SuperCoaches - Shaun Higgins out with a groin strain - turned out to be a blessing in disguise. Adelaide's Taylor Walker jumped up with 124 points.

No matter how much tinkering you do in the season, you still rue costly mistakes that you cannot predict.

I liked Hamish McIntosh but went for Kepler Bradley, I jumped into Lance Franklin late, and I nearly took on Gilbert.

It looks like Gary Ablett is out for another week and Luke Hodge might miss too, so I won't have my best side together for a while.

But the premiership season is a marathon like the Melbourne Cup, and we haven't even completed the first lap of Flemington yet.

Blah Blah Blah......

"I think, 'You kick a footy mate, you kick a footy. It's not like you've got a cure for cancer. You kick a footy, stop thinking you are so special'." - Samantha Black
OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

I'm so sick of bulls*** draft pick crap - we are still copping that nine or ten years later - its bulls***.

How about people get over the fact we got all those draft picks and shove their heads back up their own arses.

We played like utter crap for two years because we were crap - we were young and inexpereinced and we sucked - NOT so that we could bottom out and get draft picks.

I've said all along tanking is a myth. I still believe it was and i'm tired of copping crap for it.

Apart from Roo and Kosi - are there any other players in our current best 22 who opposition can claim we "only got coz you guys tanked !!!!1111"

Pisses me off.

:evil: :evil: :evil:

bigred
Saintsational Legend

Seriously...

The worst team I have seen in my life.

The worst coach I think I have seen in my life. Playing a dual brownlow medallist in a back pocket....yeah sounds like a plan.

Some of the most painfull years I have had in my football life.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

Legacy my arse!
Playing kids, my arse! This is the same moron that drafted Damian Monkhorst, Tony Francis and Sean Charles.

He took a finals team to a Wooden spoon in two years!

We earned Roo and Kosi over two seasons of heartache and frustration due to the fact that we had a muppet coaching us!

That day at Waverley against Hawthorn in 1999 still makes my blood boil!

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

Thankyou Tim Watson, thankyou so very much!

We are only as good as we are now because of the Watson legacy.

Without Watson's input, Thomas would be a poor mans Dean Bailey!

We have much to thank him for and anyone who questions this is a laterally challenged dingbat!

If not for Watson we would not have Riewoldt, Kossie, Goddard, Ball etc...

We were only in this position to gain an abundance of riches, because of Watson's coaching expertise!

Now, finally after many years we have a brilliant tactically astute coach who chooses his words carefully, to take maximum advantage of the Watson Legacy!

Thankyou Tim, you will not be forgotten!

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

sheedy is full of sh!t......

Saints - Tim Watson's super legacy
Article from: Herald Sun

Kevin Sheedy

May 12, 2009 11:30pm

POOR old Timmy Watson doesn't get much credit for his time at St Kilda.

More than any former coach he seems unwilling to talk about his years at the helm."

....to flowering embarressed i should think.....

:roll: :roll: :roll:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
savatage
SS Life Member

Life Long Saint wrote:Legacy my arse!
Playing kids, my arse! This is the same moron that drafted Damian Monkhorst, Tony Francis and Sean Charles.

il!
Don't forget Tony Delaney, Jacob Anstey & Fred Campbell!

bigred
Saintsational Legend

I prefer "Timwit" to Timmid.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

I wonder what 1/2Kg of whatever Sheedy is on would do for me :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: !!